What book are you currently reading? - Page 56 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Literature

Literature Talk about books that you have read.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #826
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,721 Times in 3,843 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: What book are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
yes, but they should believe it. if it wouldn't be, the last battle would be lost. although i liked when Rand bannished Cadsuane and went "hard as Cuellendiar.
Until the ending when he finally laughed. I'm not sure if the banishment will stay now, especially with her pushing the limits constantly.

Quote:
yep, Mat already changed her. but she still has a the Travelling now. Rand will have a pretty hard bargain next time.
As long as she doesn't try to make him bow to the crystal throne, I think negotiations will go well.

Quote:
seems so, but still, Asmodean was pretty cool. some more infos about his death would be nice.
Sanderson said it will be revealed somewhere in the next 2 books. As soon as he got Jordan's notes that was the first thing he looked up.

Quote:
perhaps he is one of the dreadlords who will command the larger forces of trollocs and shades against the heros. like Katrina or Galina.
I'm leaning towards him being a new dreadlord. And Galina won't be involved, as she's bound to one of the Shaido Wise Ones and currently on her way to the Waste.

Quote:
Moridin is Ishammael reborn by the Dark One. Or so i understood it. he still has the connection with Rand, which they made in Shadar Logoth with their Balefires.
He's Ishamael reborn, but he goes by Moridin now, or Nae'blis. He's still insane from using the True Power. And I'm aware of the connection he has with Rand, the side effects Rand has been feeling he's also been feeling. I have this nagging suspicion that he won't be the final final fight with Rand, but that Shaidar Haran will announce that he's the true vessel of the Dark One.

Quote:
Yeah right, Slayer. i been waiting for that one two. maybe a forsaken, maybe a "spirit" like Birgitte.
They've already explained who he is. He's a combination of the souls of Isam Mandragoran (Lan's cousin who fled to the blight when Malkier fell to the trollocs) and Luc Mantear (Rand's uncle on his mother's side, who went to the Blight because it was Foretold that he would find greatness there). Both of these men became corrupted and their souls were merged to form Slayer. Depending on the world they are in is the form they take. Luc for the real world and Isam for the dream world.

Quote:
"Blood and bloody ashes!" i can't wait till november 2nd...
I can't either. I just need to find some money to go pay for it >_>
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #827
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,264 Posts
Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

sorry mate, too late here for me to quote every paragraph :>

i hope cadsuane will learn some modesty and humidity. Rand is the fucking Dragon Reborn, and although he needs her, her behaviour disgusts me as biased reader ^^

yes, Rand will kneel to noone. i wonder if Mat will leave to Seanchan or stay with his friends after everything is over.

right, galina was the one with the Shaido Wise Ones. forgot that. seems that i have to reread Gathering Storm :>

and last, both very interesting theories. they make damn sense. i wonder what will happen to Moridin before the Last Battle. will he be struck down by Rand, or the Dark One, or even help Rand somehow.
Nerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #828
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

It's Moridin, he's fucking insane already. He was hopelessly insane before his first death, as the True Power was already destroying his body. How he dies will be interesting to see, but I'm not seeing him in the ultimate battle. I do see him as the last Forsaken to be taken out in some fashion.

I see Slayer killing Fain. Perrin killing Slayer. Mat killing the Gholam, as it is now rabidly tracking him because of his Foxhead medallion. Moraine killing Lanfear or Lanfear being fully trapped by the Mind Trap.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #829
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Nerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enoughNerox will become famous soon enough

Moridin finished by Rand via Balefire.

and that's another person i nearly forgot, Fain. good that you mentioned him.

last batlle: fight with saidin, true power or swords? or everything combined? ^^
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #830
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

Thanked 4,304 Times in 1,967 Posts
KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

Guess I have to read these books.

This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
some food for thought, this food for death
go ahead and fucking eat
my fathers dead, but I don't know we'll never fucking meet
I cut my wrists and play piano because I'm so depressed
somebody call the pastor this bastard is so possessed
this meetings just begun, nigga I'm satan's son..
KillerNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #831
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNN View Post
Guess I have to read these books.
bring patience young padawan. about 13k words or such.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #832
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

KillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura aboutKillerNN has a spectacular aura about

Good .

go ahead and fucking eat
Old 09-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #833
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

I'm thinking it will be a 3 step fight. First will be Shaidar Haran and Rand fighting with swords made of the True Power and Saidin, respectively, as was the fight with Ishamael during the Great Hunt. Second will be True Power vs Saidin abilities. Third will involve one massive attack that will reshape the world on Rand's part. On that will kill Haran, reseal the Dark One, and leave Rand on the brink of death as his channeling ability is burnt out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerox View Post
bring patience young padawan. about 13k words or such.
Try about 10x that at least. The last book was almost 300k. The books average 150-225k words. Sanderson had to break the final book into 3 parts because, even cutting it down, he was breaking 750k words. He didn't want to leave anything Jordan had planned out, and felt that cutting it down would be disrespectful.

Last edited by kael03; 09-15-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #834
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post

Try about 10x that at least. The last book was almost 300k. The books average 150-225k words. Sanderson had to break the final book into 3 parts because, even cutting it down, he was breaking 750k words. He didn't want to leave anything Jordan had planned out, and felt that cutting it down would be disrespectful.
i meant pages, but 13k are too much i recon. wiki says about 11k pages and 3,7million words. total.

also, i know about why sanderson broke the last book in 3 parts. i read on dragonmount to surpass time.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #835
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Oh! You're talking total pages of all books? I wouldn't doubt 11-13k in that case.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #836
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Quote:
Oh! You're talking total pages of all books? I wouldn't doubt 11-13k in that case.
bitter thing is, after the 4th of november, i will have to wait another year -.-
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #837
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Right. I know whatever book I'm reading then will be put on the shelf. All I know is Sanderson has been doing a hell of a job keeping a Jordan feel to the story. I'm very impressed with Jordan's wife's choice to have Sanderson write the remainder of the series.
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
naruto_nutty (09-18-2010)
Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #838
Nerox
Mah'alleinir

Quote:
Right. I know whatever book I'm reading then will be put on the shelf. All I know is Sanderson has been doing a hell of a job keeping a Jordan feel to the story. I'm very impressed with Jordan's wife's choice to have Sanderson write the remainder of the series.
indeed, his writing is unique, and preserves the style of Jordan very good.
Jordans wife choose Sanderson because of his Eulogy to Jordan.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #839
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Oh good lord guys... I see walls of text and I know you are talking WoT and I need to blindly scroll to the bottom not to have anything ruined.

SPOILER BUTTON! Dammit.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #840
KillerNN
Λυρικής Σκέψεις

How many of the books have you read ACT?

go ahead and fucking eat