Should students be forced... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
k97yx
Genin

k97yx is an unknown quantity at this point
Should students be forced...

Should students be forced to wear uniforms? And I'm not talking about P.E uniforms, because what some students wear is not good for physical activites.
I'm talking about the ugly as* uniforms that adults make us wear.Some schools are starting to relize this problem,so they are forcing a strict dress-code instead which is ok. But some schools are hard-headed and are still forcing us to wear them which is not OK!! They say that having uniforms are helping students(lies!!) by having uniforms, students get to school on time because their not wasting time picking out something to wear(whatever!). They also say having these uniforms are stoping gang-violence...which it dosen't! so really theres no real reason to have us wear uniforms.

If you agree with me post
If you disagree keep it to your self (just kidding...kind of)
when does a ninja strike? a ninja waits until the time is right, when the enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the nignt, that is the time for a ninja to strike
_

Proud Member of:
_
Evil FC
Naruto Girls FC
Re: Hokage Power(now called The Leaf Village's Hokage Power)FC
Kakashi FC
Organization XIII
k97yx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
UzumakiIchigo
Genin

UzumakiIchigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Should students be forced...

I really don't care, It doesn't seem like an issue that matters.
UzumakiIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

Uniforms help create less problems with kids fitting in based on clothing. Also kids need to stop being so lazy about having to meet the people. This means you have to GO FORTH and meet people instead of them coming to you.

Also not all kids can buy to latest trends to fit in with everyone else. There is a concept not relised by a lot of people called poverty. It means you are in a limited supply of income and you can barely get by. That means you can't afford to buy a 100 dollar pair of shoes or 50 dollar pants. You also can't afford to buy a lot at normal priced clothes in some cases either because the cost can add up.

I am in the 10th grade and I wore uniforms since I was in the 6th grade.(I wore them part of the 5th grade)

Also it reduces but doesn't eliminate gang mis haps.

Where I live, if you get walking around certain parts of the town wearing the wrong colors you get SHOT!!!!WITH A GUN! AND YOU DIE!!!!BANG BANG!!!

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

Last edited by sheik; 01-17-2007 at 05:14 PM.
sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
naruto1414
Genin

naruto1414 is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason that some schools are wearing uniforms because that they dont want any kids feel any emotion that some kid has better clothes or some have poor clothes. They make them wear the uniforms just to make everybody the same and equal person whos not better than anyone.
naruto1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts

Why does it matter? You are only wearing the uniform for, like, 7 hours a day and it is not like some one is going to make fun of you for wearing the exact same thing as anyone else.

Those who claim it takes away self expression, shut up. With uniforms everyone is on equal footing, people will be judged based on their thoughts, ideology and personality inseatd of how much black to do or do not wear. I personally think uniforms would be a great idea. Mayby a white dress shirt and a nice blazer, through in some dress pants and a tie. It is no big deal.
Corbenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbenk View Post
Why does it matter? You are only wearing the uniform for, like, 7 hours a day and it is not like some one is going to make fun of you for wearing the exact same thing as anyone else.

Those who claim it takes away self expression, shut up. With uniforms everyone is on equal footing, people will be judged based on their thoughts, ideology and personality inseatd of how much black to do or do not wear. I personally think uniforms would be a great idea. Mayby a white dress shirt and a nice blazer, through in some dress pants and a tie. It is no big deal.
Win. If clothing is what you use to express who you are then you need a better personality. A dress code should be the least of your worries.

Hell, I wish my highschool required uniforms back in the day. Never have to wake up and go "Oh, shit, what should I wear?" Just throw on your spiffy uniform and off you go. Also never would have to hear some snobby bitch talking shit on someone because he/she isn't wearing something trendy. Would get to laugh at gothemo kids as they cry about not being able to wear their Hot-topic attire to school. All the girls are wearing hot school girl outfits. Come on, uniforms in school are fricken full of win and awesome. You'd have to be a total douche to not be all for that.

And I guess it prepares you for life in the work force, where you usually have pretty strict dress codes. Cuts down on gang violence or something too. Yadda Yadda...
Old 01-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
church
Genin

church is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the school I graduated from didn't take in Uniforms until the start of the 2006 year.(I graduated in '05) Its not really a uniform just a dress code. I remeber when I was in school that we was sperated from others due to them not being about to afford the clothes and stuff we wore. I mean I had a backpack(Independent Skaterboarding one) that cost more them most of the ppls clothes all 2gether basicly. I came up in a school where there wasn't nothing but fake wanksters walking around claming to be thugs and most of them had to walk or ride the bus(in highschool). I never really picked on them I just laughed n giggled when my friends did. The school just requires you to wear pants, tucked in shirt, and no graphic bigger then a credit card. From what i hear from some of my younger friends is that its not really helping any. So my thing is that if they are going to have a so called uniform, atleast make it a full one and its has to be the same as everyone elses.

- Naruto RPG FC [Uchiha Koopsta]
- Kingdom Hearts II FC [Codename: Zexion - Role: Org. XIII Leader]
- Full Metal Alchemist FC

church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by k97yx View Post
Should students be forced to wear uniforms? And I'm not talking about P.E uniforms, because what some students wear is not good for physical activites.
I'm talking about the ugly as* uniforms that adults make us wear.Some schools are starting to relize this problem,so they are forcing a strict dress-code instead which is ok. But some schools are hard-headed and are still forcing us to wear them which is not OK!! They say that having uniforms are helping students(lies!!) by having uniforms, students get to school on time because their not wasting time picking out something to wear(whatever!). They also say having these uniforms are stoping gang-violence...which it dosen't! so really theres no real reason to have us wear uniforms.

If you agree with me post
If you disagree keep it to your self (just kidding...kind of)
to be quite honest i go to a school with a strict dress code.
girls
1:wear skirts
2: skirts must be knee length or longer
3:no slits int eh skirts
4:shirts with sleeves
5: sleeves must be 3 inches or more
6: no cleavage (which i break... alot)
7: no logos on chest
8: no logos on rear

IF a girl wishes to wear pants
1: black slacks must be worn
2: the faith academy golf shirt (which is maroon coloured >.<) must be worn
3:when buying one of the ugly shirts, the staff will decide what size you need (aka, you never get one that fits nicely)
4: or a the blue sweat shirt, which is ichy as hell

boys
1:collared shirt
2: slacks
3: a tie
4 shirts must be done up to top button
5: shirts msut be tucked in

boys who wish to wear soem thign else get the same a the girls who wish to wear pants

BODY dress code
1: no visible tattos
2: no piercings except in ears
3: no unnatural hair colours (pink, blue etc...)
4: no offencive jullery

swimming dress code:
1:no butts hanging out
2: no two peice bathing suits
3: no low cut bathing suits
4: boys: wear trunks that aren't see through... that's about it

now tell me, woudlnt' it be cheeper and easier if you jsut grabbed the same uniform ever day. plus i think they're cute,and you look organized and clean in uniforms.
honestly i'd trade my stupid dress code for a uniform any day.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I have no problem with school uniforms, what I hate is dressing formally. Most school uniforms fall into the "formal" category in my opinion, and thus I hate them. This is of course my personal opinion, so I'm really not against the idea of uniforms at all.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

No probs with me. I wear a uniform when I was in school. Just wake up wear that uniform. C'mon what so bad about it? I see nothing wrong about it.

If dress represent yourself, just shut up and don't be picky.

Just imagine wearing a uniform like Jap anime, if they let the skirt that short.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:37 AM   #11
Kekkei Genkai
Chuunin

Location: Somewhere someplace doing something, meeting someone somehow
Kekkei Genkai is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly uniforms may help reduce the emotional stress of some students who have no sense of fashion but really, schools, have more issues on other things than uniforms. It is quite bothersome. You have to wear the same thing over and over again throughout the entire year. That means that you have to have many sets of the uniforms lest they get dirty, need to go to the wash etc. But really I think that schools do that just to get extra money off the people who have to buy uniforms. Might be all quick and spiffy, without any thought. But it's the fault of the people who spend like half an hour choosing on what socks they should wear to school. They want to do that without getting late for school, then they should enforce it themselves, and not let the school do it for them. I mean like I used to go to this one school that used to have uniforms and it was the same thing every single day. In the winter, we still had to wear those while we froze. In the summer while we sweated and dehydrated. People, as long as they wear appropriate clothing, I doubt uniforms would be needed.
Kekkei Genkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:43 AM   #12
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Yeah..But rich kid can't laugh at poor kids about their clothing...... Most Asia country kids wears a uniform to school.....And they don't complaint.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:52 AM   #13
CCQQTJ
Genin

CCQQTJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Clothes are easier to wash. And anyway, it's not like you can't tell who has more money simply by what accessories they have.

The only plus side to uniforms are they help identify what schools certain students go to.
CCQQTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #14
naruto1414
Genin

naruto1414 is an unknown quantity at this point

That will be funny that some stupid kid says haha you have some stupid poor clothes and the other says dude we are wearing the same clothes and the other dude is like I know.
naruto1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #15
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
All the girls are wearing hot school girl outfits.
Here's the main reason uniforms are good, OP (original poster).

Uniforms arn't so bad, as long as the uniforms don't look retarded (which they won't, they will just look business casual most likely). It pretty much stops the huge social issues surrounding clothing, which I think this world could do without. I hate how I have to deal with clothes every damn day. I have to worry about stains on my shit, I have to worry about what colors I wear, I have to worry about wearing shit twice in a row accidentally. Respectively, "LOL LOOKIT THAT STAIN POOR ASS," "wtf light blue with GREEN! LOL," "you wore those shoes yesterday LOL."