All-Star game and Dunk Contest - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Sports Center

Sports Center Talk about all the latest news, scores or anything else related to sports here!

Old 02-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold
All-Star game and Dunk Contest

Who saw it? The dunk contest was interesting and the all star game was very exciteing! Allen Iverson did a great job with his assist and rebounds. So did Labrown james with his dunk and ally-ops. Omigosh james is gonna be like the next michale jackson. He's not as tall as everyone but he gets MAYJOR air time and is pretty quick. T-mac(Tracy Mcgrady)did god on offence and defence AND Yao Ming I say did sorta good.(I'm from houston so i have to give him credit). Yet for a center he should of gotten more rebounds and points. I know he gets tired fast but thats just wrong if you get benched five minutes into the game. I know he has the potential I guess, but he'll get better season-by-season. Anyways, tell me what you think about the all star game and dunk contest last weekend.
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
Apotheosis
Genin

Apotheosis is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know why you're analyzing an All-Star game because it's mean for fun and as a break for the players.

And if Lebron James is gonna be the next "MICHALE JACKSON" as you say, and change from black to white, I'll die. There's lots of people saying that Lebron will become the next Michael Jordan, but I don't believe so. There have been many in the past Kobe, Vince, so many. They are still not in their prime but MJ was just too good. LeBron is just really popular with his extremely powerful and flashy dunks.

Of the All-Star Game 2005, how can you not mention the Vince Carter dunk? That astounds me...

The dunk contest was pretty cool with Josh Smith making a name for himself and the soccer action between Amare and Steve Nash. Overall, pretty exciting All-Star game

Apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis
I don't know why you're analyzing an All-Star game because it's mean for fun and as a break for the players.
One, before you start flameing. I like to talk about basketball. The all star game was fun to watch and I want to know what people on NL know about it. I know it was just something fun for the players. i noticed that when shaq was at the foul shot line. Don't hate me for asking what the people at NL think about it because all I am doing is seeing what they think about it.

Quote:
And if Lebron James is gonna be the next "MICHALE JACKSON" as you say, and change from black to white, I'll die. There's lots of people saying that Lebron will become the next Michael Jordan, but I don't believe so. There have been many in the past Kobe, Vince, so many. They are still not in their prime but MJ was just too good. LeBron is just really popular with his extremely powerful and flashy dunks.
Another thing, I wasn't paying attention when I was typeing. Thank you for correcting me on that. Lebron is young, only in his second season and look how well he is doing. He has the potential to be at the next Michale Jordan level. Yes, he has good dunks but look at M.J.. On his shoes it shows him about to attempt a dunk. Isn't his dunking a reason so many people liked him?
From watching him in the NBA I saw that alot of people liked him because of his dunks and stamina.

Quote:
Of the All-Star Game 2005, how can you not mention the Vince Carter dunk? That astounds me...
The way you talk/type whatever annoys me. I didn't see the whole game though I know he and tracy did a various type of dunk/lay-up. VC hit the backboard and caught it in mid air then dunked it correct?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kites
Omigosh james is gonna be like the next michale jackson.
lmao, thats funny. Anywho, yeah I saw it, it was cool. Loved Josh Smith but most of the dunks were right out of NBA Live 2005.

nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
MasterAkira
Genin

MasterAkira is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I watched a bit of it. I just don't think that there ever will be another Michael Jordan IMO, but I really don't watch the NBA ne more I like to watch NCAA basketball better.

"The Force is Strong With This One."
IT IS FINALY COME!!!! "Episode III Revenge of The Sith"
MasterAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #6
Typhoon
Jounin

Typhoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't watch the dunk contest, but I watched the All-star game though. I thought it was pretty cool. The players played well. I also think T-mac played really well that game. Iverson, Ray Allen, Nowitzki and Grant Hill played good as well. Iverson won MVP! The East won...I actually supported the west.

Proud and loyal Co-owner of the Konoha 5 FC
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
tHeNiNjA Fr0mNYc
Mr. NL

tHeNiNjA Fr0mNYc is an unknown quantity at this point
yo east was KICKIN @$$ man lebron james was havin a good game and shaq and A.I and the rest of the eastern confrence. and the dunk contest MAN my fav was when amare stoudimire jumped over the other dude and dunked, and also there was these other two dunks where nash was assisting with some soccer moves . DAM that was hot!!!EAST SIDE BABY!!!
• DJing for the musical
• Graffiti for the graphical expression
<otc
<<swt
~*~member of the summoning fc~*~
~*~member of the 5 hokages fc~*~
~*~member of the ataksuki fc~*~
tHeNiNjA Fr0mNYc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:48 PM   #8
Kites
I Love Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kites
Omigosh james is gonna be like the next michale jackson..
Yea, I olmost wet my pants when i found out I wrote that ....then i got very mad*cough*thatapothguy*cough*
Old 02-24-2005, 07:30 PM   #9
bernie_rocks
Genin

bernie_rocks is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't get to watch the dunk contest either, but I liked the all star game (even though the west lost)

I liked it, it was a good game.
bernie_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
nhstennisballer2007
Chuunin

nhstennisballer2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
same as bernie so who won
nhstennisballer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:24 PM   #11
Apotheosis
Genin

Apotheosis is an unknown quantity at this point
Ninja from NYC represented it quite well. The East won.

Apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:01 PM   #12
aliensmarts
Genin

aliensmarts is an unknown quantity at this point
the dunk contest was GREAT!!! kinda weird when steve nash used his soccer skills tho
aliensmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #13
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensmarts
the dunk contest was GREAT!!! kinda weird when steve nash used his soccer skills tho
lol,, what about Chris Anderson, he was weird. I lmao whenever I think of him.

nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:51 AM   #14
Mystline
Academy Student

Mystline is an unknown quantity at this point
C. Anderson was just...bleh.
Plain sad ^^, I wonder why he was in the dunk contest anyways.
The dunks from the Sun's dude wasn't that good, it was all cuz of Nash that made it look nice.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #15
NatureWings
Genin

NatureWings is an unknown quantity at this point
LJ is good alright, but still, I donno about being the next MJ! He has the potential.. but MJ was just too good.
O ya.. I like that dunk off the glass made by VC. Damn he can jump really really high man! It was so SMOOTH! He's just like a silent rocket! It was as though everything was silent when he lifted off from the ground! So elegant! I salute you, VINCE CARTER!
NatureWings is offline   Reply With Quote