Sakura part 1, most useless ninja ever? - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 02-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #16
LonelyNinja

Re: Sakura part 1, most useless ninja ever?

Part I Sakura is completely useless. Even Ino had more worth than her. Sure, Sakura was learning some medical techniques from Tsunade, but she never actually uses it during the main story (during fillers she did, but fillers are fillers <.<).

Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #17
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi View Post
It's true that Sakura was never really that strong in the first part. Although she tried her best, she just wasn't as strong as Sasuke or Naruto. But overtime it shows how everyone grew stronger, and Sakura grew as well.
In the beginning Naruto was a loser, with no talent in ninjutsu really; and he became strong very fast, and Sakura just didn't get as strong as fast.
I'd rep you if it weren't telling me to spread some more rep around. lol.

Sakura started out realistic. Her development as both a ninja and a person is probably the very best in the series. A lot of this occurred during Part 1 (her mental/emotional growth) and for me she was one of the best characters. Her abilities weren't noteworthy, but despite that... she would still risk her life and suppress her fears.

I mean, I really loved it when she would protect someone, because to me it meant even more as it was her attempting something that was far beyond her abilities... but because it was so important she was willing to risk almost certain death for Sasuke or Naruto. That's courage and there's nothing useless about that. <.< (NONE OF THE CHARACTERS ARE USELESS!)

I'm just sick of people weighing a character's worth solely by their physical abilities. I realize that this thread has to do with her physical abilities more so than anything else, but raw strength isn't all that makes a shinobi. And Sakura's inner strength is far from worthless and now she has utilized her strengths. It took time. It was realistic. She had to have true motivation, and it's not entirely for herself.

She's very intelligent and has grown into herself. You couldn't have Sakura as she is now without Part 1, so I can't see how all that wonderful character growth could be considered useless... She wasn't the strongest, not by a long shot, but she had the spirit and it showed itself several times in Part 1.

And how is Ino useless? Her abilities are specialized in the area of stealth and assassination. We've just never seen her perform in that circumstance. It's true she's not incredibly well-rounded, but that's realistic too. And I'm sure as she gets older and gains more in experience, her skills will increase. >.<

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #18
narut012
Chuunin

narut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the rough

Wow, look at the freakin title, says part 1, TALK ABOUT PART 1!!!

Sasuke Hater FC Link - http://www.narutolounge.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17071
narut012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #19
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Read what I wrote and you'll see that I did. o.O

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #20
The Blood Rouge
Academy Student

The Blood Rouge is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah she is realllly useless, idont think i've ever seen her in a uhh meaningful battle....ever
Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #21
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough

The main reason she helped fight was to protect Sasuke and she always ran to his body when he was knocked out and beaten up crying like a little child.

I have to say that she encouraged Sasuke to run away a lot earlier because she was so freaking annoying.

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #22
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blood Rouge View Post
yeah she is realllly useless, idont think i've ever seen her in a uhh meaningful battle....ever
Meaningful battle? What qualifies as a 'meaningful' battle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiek View Post
The main reason she helped fight was to protect Sasuke and she always ran to his body when he was knocked out and beaten up crying like a little child.

I have to say that she encouraged Sasuke to run away a lot earlier because she was so freaking annoying.
It wasn't the 'main' reason, though it was certainly a strong motivation for her. She fought the Sound Nin to protect Naruto, Lee, and Sasuke and also realized her lack of skills/contributions. She fought for herself then, as well as protecting her teammates. She saved Naruto from falling after the Orochimaru fight and held Sasuke when he was screaming in pain. So what if she spent most of her time aiding her friends? Like you guys are saying, her ninja skills were 'useless' so really, the least she could do is offer support. >.<

And yeah, excuse Sakura for crying when people who mean something to her are being hurt and are in life-threatening danger. Who cares that she's only a young adolescent and yet is in a situation that most grown men need training to mentally handle. <.< Dur.

And uh, your last comment is just amusing. >.< Sasuke's leaving had absolutely nothing to do with Sakura's influence. To even say that is just biased and tardish. ::sighs::

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Old 02-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #23
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Sasuke left so he can train and get more powerful than anything he could have gotten in Konoha. He didn't leave because Sakura annoyed him. Why is it that Sakura is such an easy target for everyone here? Have we forgotten of just how useless others are? Ino? Tenten? Hell, even everyone's beloved queen of insecurity, Hinata. Oh yeah, Ino can transfer bodies. I guess that makes her so useful. And Tenten, yeah, she has great aim. Unfortunetely, she still can't hit shit to save her life. And Hinata. She's a fucking Hyuuga, and a very sad, pathetic one at that.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #24
narut012
Chuunin

narut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the roughnarut012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
Wow. Read what I wrote and you'll see that I did. o.O
Who said that that comment was directed towards you?

Sasuke Hater FC Link - http://www.narutolounge.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17071
narut012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #25
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Mikey... :/

Ino's skills are meant for stealth/assassination. She's not really combat suited, from what I noticed. But she's not useless. >.< Useless for a ninja is like... an average person. Me and You. Everyone else in this thread... (unless they study/practice martial arts, then you could kick my ass, lol) And anyway, Ino's character, like Chouji, is not vital to the plot.

Tenten has, quoting Gai, 10/10 aim. That's spectacular. But she's a minor character. She's never going to awe us unless Kishi gives her the chance. <.< And I doubt he will.

Hinata is insecure, but that has a lot to do with her pure heart and her father's behavior. She has inner strength and wants to change herself. And she seems like she has potential, even if the odds are against her. Though she'll never be the strongest, but that's not what is important. What is important is that she wants to change and is willing to put forth the effort. Remember the scene of Hinata staying late and practicing after Shino and Kiba went home? She's got heart. And she hasn't even displayed an abilities in Part II, so let's wait before we label her sad or pathetic. <.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by narut012 View Post
Who said that that comment was directed towards you?
No one. But you posted right after I did and didn't specify who it was directed at.. and I hadn't noticed anyone talking only about Part II, although others did mention her progress in that part. But oh well, sorry for the misunderstanding. ^.^

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 02-28-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #26
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Sorry UchihaTaijiya. I just, am tired of people that are so quick to target Sakura over anything. Same thing with Sasuke. They're both pretty easy, quick targets for some of these people over the stupidest things. Yet no one really says a word against the people they favor. Lord help us if that actually ever happens.

Edit: I'm just fed up with it. That's all. I'll get over it. I know that those names I mentioned are there for different reasons. None of them are actually useless. Neither is Sakura, damnit.

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 02-28-2007 at 10:14 PM.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #27
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Well, Sakura's development in Part I isn't really tangible but relates more to her personality and maturity. Also, Kishi specifically designed her to be 'not likeable' in the beginning and it appears that impression hasn't left some fans, despite her obvious growth as a person and as a ninja... And Sasuke, meh, he has a lot of bashers but even more fans, so it's all good. xD His fanclub on NarutoFan has over 1200 members, by far the largest I've peeked into.

And yeah, sometimes you just can't help but compare Sakura to the other girls who have had much less development. Especially when people are hating on her for being realistic. >.< That bothers me the most.

People who can't see the faults in their favorite characters can be just as annoying as people who constantly bash and can't see the good. >.< Don't turn my favorite characters into Sues! >< The strengths and weaknesses of each character are what makes them them... if they were all perfect we'd have a pretty damn boring story on our hands... ::shakes head::

EDIT:: Sakura fanart.

Don't like, don't look. XD

Dirtying up their beds

Tearing it all apart

Keep it good
Keep it right

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 02-28-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #28
Code
Missing-Nin

Code is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of lightCode is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blood Rouge View Post
She doesn't play a "meaningful" role in Part 1.

Although I agree to a certain extent with the person that said about Sakura getting stronger after making Sasuke defect from the village. After that, Sakura was tired of being a burden and took it upon herself to become a medical specialist and wanted to take part in bringing Sasuke back even if she had to do so with force.
Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 AM   #29
SeventyxxTimes7x
Genin

SeventyxxTimes7x is on a distinguished road

naruto should have rasangan her in the face a long time ago

.::Current::.
®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®

®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Thanks for the gift
*Ferfo**Charles*
*Optical**Antix**Antix2**SnAkEy**Antix3**Flow**Deri**Gokuva**NeoCG**Lyzzard*
SeventyxxTimes7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 AM   #30
diane_cheeze
ANBU

diane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to behold

mmm...in terms of combat, i do agree that she was pathetic.. even more pathetic than hinata too, cos hinata really tried real hard to defeat neji during the chuunin exams.
even in the forest when sakura tried to protect naruto and sasuke from the sound-nins, it was rather cool, but nothing fantastic, she still couldnt do much! even Ino's skill was better though she cant really fight....

but glad that sakura realized how lousy she was, since though she's blessed with the whole, perfect chakra control thing, she cant do much with it... so now, she's way better!!!

diane_cheeze is offline   Reply With Quote