One Piece 651 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road
One Piece 651

Finally, here it is:

Enjoy!
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marlboro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-26-2011)

Old 12-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One Piece 651

I don't know what to be more joyful about, the One Piece chapter or you coming back, Marlboro. Welcome back!

Edit: Great introducing chapter, and lol @ Sanji imagining Big Mom to be hot. Little he knows..

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 12-26-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,285 Times in 2,927 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Interesting cover, each SH represented by an animal ( chopper by a raccoon lol ).

I have mixed feeling about the chapter though. We got a glimpse of Big mam ( looks nothing like I expected, and she is completely psychotic. A cannibal to boot ), but things are moving really fast.

Caribou was disposed of way too easily. I knew the M3 were stronger than him but I at least wanted to see him try and defend himself a little. The character design for some of the characters was weird even by OP standards, and now Luffy wants to put FMI under his protection ?

At the moment that just doesn't seem realistic to me. Sure the SHs are powerful, but they don't have the weight that the Yonkou have to their name, not to mention the Yonkou have numbers as well.

Overall it was a good chapter, not great for me.

PS: Kidd is a beast. He is fucking around with the Yonkou's underlings and is probably laughing about it.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-26-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-26-2011), Marlboro (12-26-2011), Numinous (12-26-2011), Senkradlol (12-27-2011), uzumakinagato (12-26-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Interesting cover, each SH represented by an animal ( chopper by a raccoon lol ).
Badass Tiger Zoro is badass.

Quote:
The character design for some of the characters was weird even by OP standards
You mean Bobbin? I agree, his design confuses me. Other than that, the designs were within Oda's standards. Even the stealth references are there (Pekoms is a parody of Horatio Cane from CSI:Miami).

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I do understand why Oda is doing this.

This is similar to how the SHs were targeted by Crocodile right after they entered the GL, but it is still unrealistic to put FMI under their protection right now, specially since it could lead to Luffy taking out a Yonkou already which in my opinion it's too early.

And once again, holy shit Big mam is freaking nasty.

Edit: She reminds me of Yubaba from Spirited away, only really huge and vastly more disgusting.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-26-2011 at 08:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-26-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
The character design for some of the characters was weird even by OP standards, and now Luffy wants to put FMI under his protection ?

At the moment that just doesn't seem realistic to me. Sure the SHs are powerful, but they don't have the weight that the Yonkou have to their name, not to mention the Yonkou have numbers as well.
But why? Luffy was always unreasonable, I don't see anything wrong with this development. Funny, SHs didn't even enter the NW and already they are in an open war with Big Mam. This should be fun.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-26-2011), Gakure (12-27-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
PS: Kidd is a beast. He is fucking around with the Yonkou's underlings and is probably laughing about it.
Haha, that comment made me lol was nice that Oda mentioned him.
I don't think it will be long before we see law, i wonder what he's up to. I would say marines were hunting him 2 years ago cause he helped luffy out big time.

And it's typical luffy to start a war, and i actually like it, it's a nice twist to when Luffy comes to NW. And too early ? well there is still much stuff that needs to be done that i don't think it's too early, great timing IMO.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
Marlboro
Drop The World <3

Thanked 1,121 Times in 669 Posts
Marlboro is on a distinguished roadMarlboro is on a distinguished road

@Num: Thanks bro =D I don't think I can really 'leave' completely even if I wanted to, this spot has a distinct attraction force to it xDD

@chapter - Was decent, finally introducing BM made up for the wait. Luffy basically told that lion ''Yeah, I ate your candy! And I still want some more'', was freaking priceless.

Never would've expected BM to look like that, damn she's huge. I expected a more 'feminine' look like Nami or something. But damn, she's freaky 0.0
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

After giving it more thought this could work depending on what happens next.

Most of the pirates that come to FMI are going into the NW, and Luffy is definitely famous enough to stop those pirates unless they happen to be powerful rookies like he once was.

And as the SHs progress and take down stronger pirates the better their protection becomes for FMI. There will probably be many stepping stones before Big mam. I doubt Oda will have the SHs engage her so quickly.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-26-2011 at 10:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Marlboro (12-26-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #10
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,025 Times in 584 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

BM really wants to destroy FMI though she said she will take it out on luffy. And man, she is nasty. Wha's with that three eyes girl.

Kid is yet to defeat Kaido though he also declared war on him 2yrs ago, so luffy's declaration is ok for me. They might not actually fight cos of Lolla(if she is the daughter) but one thing is for sure, a good tussle with BM crew in the upcoming chapters. Shirley is never wrong.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #11
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Yeah that cover was pretty sweet. One of the best this year I'd say.

Quote:
Caribou was disposed of way too easily. I knew the M3 were stronger than him but I at least wanted to see him try and defend himself a little.
I kinda expected for Caribou to be one-shotted like he was. He seems like the kind of guy that depends on his DF for defense, and once that's neutralized with haki, he'd be kinda of a pussy. Caribou has always been a joke villain anyway. Only reason he's got the bounty he has, is from killing marines. In terms of strength the guy isn't even at Arlongs level.

Quote:
The character design for some of the characters was weird even by OP standards, and now Luffy wants to put FMI under his protection ?

Overall it was a good chapter, not great for me.

I dunno about this. I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I see it a different way. The character designs, although weird, do show some traits that hint at potential future match ups. For example the guy with the extremely long legs and short fat waist, is most definable a kick boxer, or something similar. That and the french sounding way he speaks definitely hint at him being Sanji's future enemy. I have no doubt that other crew members will have equally weird (yet still distinctly compatible) qualities to the other SH's.

In terms of putting FMI under his control, it makes sense to me that he start there. He has to start somewhere right? It would seen anticlimactic if he were to wait until he's much stronger, to start his island claiming campaign, when it's less of a challenge. Also FMI has a defensive value that other places might not. The island is hard to get to, is valued by pirates everywhere as the only viable means for them to the NW, the islands populace is strongly supportive of the SH's, has a standing army (that needs to be stronger), and Jimbe looks like he's staying put for the time being. Those 5 factors make FMI a much easier to protect place then some random island out in the middle of the NW that might get fucked up on a whim.

Don't get me wrong though. I still don't think the SH's can beat a Yonkou. At least not alone. The random name dropping of Kidd, may not be random at all. It could be alluding to a possible meet up and alliance in the NW. I'd imagine if it were a collaboration between the SH's and the Kidd pirates (or any other of the supernovas) then a fight against Big Mam is definitely doable.

Last edited by ask me anything; 12-26-2011 at 06:39 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Marlboro (12-26-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Well, when Luffy said that he was going to make Fishman Island as his turf I think he meant it as eventually, probably after he faces off with Big Mam he'll claim FMI as his own. That's how I understood it at least.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #13
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,332 Times in 4,061 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Cool chapter.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

I'm kinda wondering if Madam Shirley's prediction about FMI being destroyed, wasn't about the fight between the SH's and Hodi's gang. Now that I think about it, it seems kinda lame for that to be true. Maybe the prediction was actually about the SH's upcoming war against Big Mam.

I could see a future scenario where FMI gets destroyed in battle by Big Mam's forces, when the SH's aren't there to protect the island, but Noah has been fixed by then and is used to escape. Such a fate could be a good character builder for Luffy. The kid has already faced the hardships of losing his bro, and up 'til now his training has been so he'd be strong enough to defend his friends. Losing an island he's sworn to protect would show him the harsh reality that being a true leader is about more then protecting those that are right in front of you. That's something Luffy needs to learn sooner or later.

For the most part, an island that's being protected by a pirates "name", doesn't mean it's really protected at all. Some guys like Shanks might actually be all honorable and protect their allies, but for the most part pirates are scum. So when those scum pirates (Like Big Mam) swear to protect an island, it really just means is that they would consider it a personally insult to them if some other pirate comes along and attacks it. They in turn would hunt those other pirates to the ends of the earths to destroy them. It's that fear of complete and utter annihilation that keeps most pirates (with a few exceptions of course) from doing something stupid like attacking their allies. IF Luffy ever develops a widely known reputation for being that kind of pirate, then yeah, he'd be able to put FMI under is "name". Luffy already has a strong rep from fighting in the war next to WB. Not to mention the crazy shit he did at Ennies Lobby, and breaking out of the "impenetrable" impel down. So the kid already has a good starting point. I think if even the word gets out about his fight against Big Mam, that will only propel his rep even further upwards. So yeah he's not that far now from being a legitimate "big player" in the NW.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #15
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I agree that Shirley's vision was not put in there for nothing.

Personally I think everything will tie in with Reverie. The FM will be presenting the signatures and making the announcement that they pretend to migrate, so FMI most likely will be done in one way or another.