Japanese Dialects in Anime - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Languages > Learning Shops > Japanese

Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Rath
Hokuto

Rath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these parts
Japanese Dialects in Anime

I'm hoping this is the right place to put this topic... oddly enough I have this dying urge to ask about the accents of anime characters. I know some general things about the difference between eastern and western dialects... tokyo dialect compared to kansai (or osaka) ben and all of that. But I'm still a unsure if I'm understanding this correctly, the difference that is. I thought maybe the easiest way to figure out is by naming a few Anime characters that use specific dialects.

ok question .... Shinji Hirako/ Jiraiya/ Mugen.... just to name a few, they all have somewhat similar accents.... is that a western japanese accent? Or what dialect is it specifically. It's a stupid thing to ask, but like I said.... I have imploding curiosity here.

If anyone can clear this up for me with some examples, that'd be great. Woot woot. :0

~psttt...click my 'stache~

and now most likely deceased *sniff*

FanClub
~The Legend of Zelda FC~
~Akatsuki FC~
~Kakashi FC~

Last edited by Rath; 03-26-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Rath is offline   Reply With Quote