The Barbie Conspiracy - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #31
xoRAZORBLADESxo
Chuunin

xoRAZORBLADESxo will become famous soon enoughxoRAZORBLADESxo will become famous soon enough
Re: The Barbie Conspiracy

I don't really know what i'm saying, but it's not the Barbie company's fault that America happens to be fat and unattractive. If we got up and exercised once in while, who knows? We could very well all look like Barbie and Ken. People who think that barbies were created to brainwash little girls are stupid. Is that what this thread is about? Same thing with models. Models typically work for designers who happen to make their clothes extremely fitted. There's plus-size models too, y'know. People need to stop analyzing stupid little things and blaming them for their own bad looks. Please realize that this is just my opinion and I'm not speaking for any of you. I'm probably wrong anyway. >.>

Old 03-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #32
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Well, Barbie is just a toy. I'm sure that in the minds of some easily influenced girls, Barbie is their role model and they want to be just like her. This may or may not include appearance. So girls see Barbie as everything they want to be, so they strive to be thin and blond like her. Other girls (Like myself), however, hate Barbie. They do things like pull off their heads and set them ablaze. So, it's either being thin, or being a serial killer. I don't think they really do it for any other reason than for money. They just don't care about the consequences.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #33
xoRAZORBLADESxo
Chuunin

xoRAZORBLADESxo will become famous soon enoughxoRAZORBLADESxo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
They just don't care about the consequences.
I honestly don't think there are any consequences. Most little girls realize that barbie IS a toy right?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #34
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

Razorblades, whether you want to believe it or not, barbie does subconsciously affect the open minds of naive girls in a negative way. It's placing insecurities upon us and warping our perception of body shapes and ideal beauty. Why should we exercise and crap to fit the image of such a doll? What is "fat and attractive"? Why should beauty be limited to what a mass media disseminates?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #35
Salusa
Academy Student

Salusa is an unknown quantity at this point
The Barbie Conspiracy

Just read some of the more recent threads in this section. They made me want to claw my eyes out.

So sticking this so that it can serve as an example of an awesome conspiracy theory.
Salusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #36
uchihademon91
Chuunin

uchihademon91 is on a distinguished roaduchihademon91 is on a distinguished road

appearance

it is merely a matter of perspective, whether a girl is drop dead sexy or a sunset is elegant. sure being fit has its medical benefits, but is that what is portrayed and emphasized in advertisements and tv. they advertise looks solely, because it cost more to "look good" than it does to not.

if barbie was used to influence little girls is questionable. children are the most influential beings. whether it be direct influence or subconscious is unkown. it could give them the thought that if you look like barbie, that you to will get a "sexy" husband, a big house, and a nice car. if thats what they were going for i dont know. more back up evidence for this could be if major cosmetic companies, or clothing companies funded or had relations with the barbie industry. if barbie company is just on its own as a toy company, than i find this theory doubtful.

kids might not just see these as toys. if they choose to play with them and the more often they play with, the more likely thats what they might aspire to be like.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:42 AM   #37
paupeda09
Academy Student

paupeda09 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Barbie Conspiracy

Just read some of the more recent threads in this section. They made me want to claw my eyes out.

So sticking this so that it can serve as an example of an awesome conspiracy theory.
paupeda09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:00 AM   #38
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,817 Times in 3,843 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Seriously? This is an "awesome" conspiracy theory? Ignoring the mass of poor arguments in this thread, it took me literally 3 minutes of research to discover that Barbie was in no way original. Businesswoman Ruth Handler was "inspired" by the German doll Bild Lilli, which was modelled after a popular German comic-strip character.

Sure, Ms. Handler could have been trying to brainwash women into thinking they were worthless if they didn't look like Barbie. I just don't find it likely that she would desire to make the group of women to which she belonged to feel inadequate:

Sure, she's aged a little in the above photo, but you can still tell she was certainly no looker.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #39
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Yeah give us a fat barbie

Give us a black captain America

Give us a six armed spiderman like the way he should

Stop brain washing our children.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
MangaKitty (12-15-2009)
Old 12-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #40
MangaKitty
Genin

MangaKitty is a jewel in the roughMangaKitty is a jewel in the roughMangaKitty is a jewel in the roughMangaKitty is a jewel in the roughMangaKitty is a jewel in the roughMangaKitty is a jewel in the rough

i'd just like to note that i was never really one to like dolls of any sort, expecially barbies. whenever a random 2nd cousin would get me a barbie, i was the lil girl to help my brothers pull the head off of em lol. i dont think that the dolls were made to be a brainwashing toy.. i almost am beginning to think that we are all totally sick for taking something as simple as a harmless doll and give it a hidden agenda. thats just ridiculous. i think that everyone needs to settle themselves down and realize that if you think the damn doll is mocking your weigh/hair color/size or whatever then theres a possibility that you have some self doubts about yourself that people, by nature, blame on someone, or in this case, something, else.

and i'd like to note that i'm not judging anyones else's opposite opinion on the matter. i'm just mad cuz my little sister came and pestered me less than 5 minutes ago to go play barbies with her. -_-

edit: a six armed spiderman would be AWESOME lol
MangaKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MangaKitty For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (12-15-2009), Mal (12-15-2009), Miburo (12-15-2009), T9F (12-15-2009)
Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #41
T9F
OOOH CHAMPAGNE

Thanked 1,124 Times in 407 Posts
T9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enough

i played with barbies when i was a little kid.
i dont look anything like them, as i have nipples and my feet dont look like theyre in high heels all the time, but i haven't been traumatized for life.
if anyone has maybe you should see someone.

Last edited by T9F; 12-15-2009 at 07:35 PM.
T9F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #42
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

I bet you also don't have a mattel stamp on your ass

in the end, i beleive people [anal retentive mothers] are blaming barbie for their children's self esteem problems because taking responsibility for something like that would just hurt to much

and like MK said, anyone who frets about the way a doll looks as compared to themselves, or their daughters needs to deal with their self doubts

also, there are tons of other fashion dolls, with lots of different shapes
if barbie is trying to mold girls then i suppose all the corporations aroudn the world are trying to do the same
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #43
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

I like to see people pulling the same shit on the super dollfie figures

lolololololol it makes our children try to be as cute which cause there suicide after they fail

Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #44
T9F
OOOH CHAMPAGNE

Thanked 1,124 Times in 407 Posts
T9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I bet you also don't have a mattel stamp on your ass
....welllll.... even if i did (which i dont) it would be as regretful as this:
Quote:
^not my tattoo

Last edited by T9F; 12-15-2009 at 09:21 PM.
T9F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T9F For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-15-2009), Tabris (12-16-2009)