VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!] - Page 611 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #9151
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
Tsukuyomi on Itachi's lvl is very debatable since his tsukuyomi controls time. That means that the tailed demon inside Killerbee has some control over time so he can get Killerbee out, or that the tailed demon shares Killerbee's illusion. Even then, there is probably a time that is needed to break genjutsu. Since Itachi can control time, he can prolong his jutsu indefinitely if you know what I mean. But ok, lets say tsukuyomi wouldn't work.
-.-'

After all the time people spent telling KYF that none of the MS techniques are T/S jutsu (except Kamui) 5 months ago, and you didn't get the memo?
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 01-19-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #9152
superninja
ANBU
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,841
Thanks: 190
Thanked 690 Times in 553 Posts
superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
-.-'

After all the time people spent telling KYF that none of the MS techniques are T/S jutsu (except Kamui) 5 months ago, and you didn't get the memo?
Hi Numinous

Anyway Itachi makes one second into two days in his illusion, so I don't know what to call that. Lets say Killerbee can't break that illusion by himself and he needs help from his animal friend. The 8tails bull sends his chakra to break genjutsu, well by the time all of this happens Itachi has spent 2 days torturing Killerbee or something like that. This is just a guess on my part though.

Obviously what happens is that Itachi takes his soul and the soul of his victim to another place, another dimension where time moves differently. It's more than a simple illusion imo.

I am saying that because thoughts and senses have a certain speed to them, in one second it is impossible to experience 2 days of something.

PS: I got this idea partially because I read some of your manga scripts where you have the human world and demon world and in demon world they count their years differently. I haven't read all of it yet I just browsed through. So this is your idea maybe.
__________________
The great off panel war has begun...also called the war of one panel because most fights started and ended in one panel.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.

Last edited by superninja; 01-19-2011 at 10:02 AM.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #9153
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
Hi Numinous

Anyway Itachi makes one second into two days in his illusion, so I don't know what to call that.
It's called altering the perception of time of the victim of Tsukuyomi.

Quote:
Lets say Killerbee can't break that illusion by himself and he needs help from his animal friend. The 8tails bull sends his chakra to break genjutsu, well by the time all of this happens Itachi has spent 2 days torturing Killerbee or something like that. This is just a guess on my part though.
Errr... no. Killer Bee would think he was tortured 2 days, but he was only mind-raped for a couple of seconds.

Quote:
Obviously what happens is that Itachi takes his soul and the soul of his victim to another place, another dimension where time moves differently. It's more than a simple illusion imo.
What the...

Tsukuyomi=Genjutsu. Simple as that. The reason why it's so famous is because it's the paragon of Genjutsu, it has no T/S aspect to it.

Quote:
I am saying that because thoughts and senses have a certain speed to them, in one second it is impossible to experience 2 days of something.
Yes, it is, if the perception of time of the victim is altered enough to do so. And even in real life, that can happen (due to time dilatation).

Quote:
PS: I got this idea partially because I read some of your manga scripts where you have the human world and demon world and in demon world they count their years differently. I haven't read all of it yet I just browsed through. So this is your idea maybe.
Just a clarification about the time difference: 1 second on Europa is VERY close to 1 second on Earth. The reason why they have different time parameters is because they have different references.

Humans have the rotational period (0,997 d) and the orbital period (365,256 d) of Earth as references, that's why we have 365 days per year and 366 on leap years (1 in every 4) to correct the difference left by the slight inaccuracy of the Sumerian duodecimal system of counting time: 60 seconds (12*5) per minute, 60 minutes per hour, 24 hours (12*2) per day.

Now things are VERY different for someone who would live in Europa: Europa is tidally locked to Jupiter, so rotational and orbital periods are the same (3,551 d), so I needed something else to rely on. And since Europa is a Juvian moon, I had to take Jupiter's orbital period (4 331,572 d). And, most importantly, make it so that a device like a clock would be as simple as possible.

Math ahead:


If we consider a rotational period of Europa as a day and the orbital period of Jupiter as an year:

Days per year: 4331,572/3,511 = 1219,817 days.

Since the result is very easily associated with 12, I made 12 months per year.

Days per month: 1219,817/12 = 101,65 days.

So rounding it up below, it's 101 days per month, up to 1212 days per year. But then you see there's a discrepancy between the calendar and the math, so I made the month of Dinah, which 86 days every leap year (1 in 12), so the discrepancy would be only 1 day per 137 years (1624 human years). Not as perfect as I wanted, but passable.

Now for days... it was a little tricky. Europa's rotational period is exactly 306 806 seconds, so the best I could get was the 10:10:55:55 time units (which translate to 302 500 Europa seconds). Not exactly the same, as obvious, but the difference between 1 Earth second and 1 Europa second is slim (1 Europa second=1,014 Earth seconds).

So, you see, although the calendar and time unites are different, the passage of time is practically the same.

Edit: Forgot to thank you for reading
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 01-19-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #9154
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

nice to see that you've done your research.
I might play around with the numbers to see if i could make a better system (unless you think you couldn't change the system)
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Numinous (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #9155
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
nice to see that you've done your research.
I might play around with the numbers to see if i could make a better system (unless you think you couldn't change the system)
I'd be appreciative if you came up with more accurate system, but changing it or not depends on how different it is from mine, because days and months already have assigned names.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #9156
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

what are the names of the days and months (maybe theyll make me inspired :b)

what did you mean by "so I made the month of Dinah, which 86 days every leap year"? you shorten it to 86?

oh and, how important is similarity to our system?

is the first 10 in 10:10:55:55 thee number of days in a week, or did you add some new unit?

if its not weeks and similarity in system is more important than similarity in the length of a second then you could use:

24:115:115 at least it has 24 hours :b

if accuracy of the second is important i had a system (forgot it) that had ~304k seconds

will look more at the calendar, but you could do a similar knuckle counting system as we have here, with the days in the months going like

102 101 102 101 102 101 102 102 101 102 101 102
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 01-19-2011 at 01:17 PM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #9157
superninja
ANBU
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,841
Thanks: 190
Thanked 690 Times in 553 Posts
superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

omg, stop with the numbers, I don't like the numbers.
But seriously, I am not very good at math or science, I thought the idea of the dimension with it's own time that is separate from our world is a cool one. Numinous, you are writing about demons and fantastical beings so you might as well make them live in a dimension with it's own time and not make it a Jupiter's moon. (that way that girl from middle ages can meet our contemporary "heroes" coz she spent some time in the demon world).

Back to tsukuyomi, I think Itachi said "in this dimension I control time" so even he called it a different dimension and not simply an illusion. The signal from nerves to brain takes time, the amount of thoughts we generate in a second probably also has a limit. There is no way Kakashi or Sasuke could experience two days in a second, they were probably functioning normally during that time with their thinking and everything. I hope Kishimoto reads this and says "tsukuyomi is a space time jutsu fuckers!".
__________________
The great off panel war has begun...also called the war of one panel because most fights started and ended in one panel.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #9158
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

he wont, because it isnt :P

oh yeah, try staring at a clock with no second hand for an hour, and tell me time perception wont fuck with you.

also, its not t/s. the victims body stays put. also him t/sing there souls to a different dimension doesnt make much sense. why? well, if he can put the soul in another dimension, why bring it back? just leave it there- tsukuyomi would be an instant ohko.

@num, i, for myself, havent excluded the possibility of amateratsu being t/s. its not likely, but its possible, and slightly hinted at.
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 01-19-2011 at 01:24 PM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #9159
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
-.-'

After all the time people spent telling KYF that none of the MS techniques are T/S jutsu (except Kamui) 5 months ago, and you didn't get the memo?
Bullshat captain delusional. Are u kishi?? Didnt think so... now keep ur subjectively bias opinions what they are, OPINIONS, not FACTS

Tsukuyomi Controlling time in phenomenological reality of physical reality makes no difference... It manipulation of Time and thats all that matters..

Amaterasu which summons black flames from nowhere onto the target isnt even freaking debatable except to the subjectively dense of you...

Kamui punches a hole in space so obvious T/S jutsu...

and sasanoo is really the only debatable one of them all... Its summoned from wherever the hell it exists, but is made up of the users chakra. Its summoned which would make it an obvious T/S jutsu, but is made up of the users chakra, not its own. So its close enough IMO... Its an entity separate of the user like the kyuubi, but made of the users chakra.... Its tricky!

So Technically all are forms of T/S jutu like amaterasu is a elemental T/S ninjutsu and tsukuyomi is a T/S genjutsu... ect ect.


BOT: Killer bee vs itachi?

Killer bees bijuu cant stop KB from being mind raped by tsukuyomi for 3 days straight cause tsukuyomi would only attack KB, not his bijuu which is separate from him and would have no clue anythings wrong until KB was already back from tsukuyomi and about to collapse, fight over!!!!
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #9160
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,688
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,707 Times in 3,839 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Tsukuyomi Controlling time in phenomenological reality of physical reality makes no difference... It manipulation of Time and thats all that matters..
It alters the PERCEPTION of Time, not time itself. Time will continue to flow at the normal rate for the person affected by Tsukuyomi and those around that victim. The victim will perceive time flowing at a different rate. Tsukuyomi is NOT a T/S jutsu because it does NOT alter time itself, nor does it alter space since everything it does is in the victim's mind.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-19-2011), Numinous (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #9161
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
what are the names of the days and months (maybe theyll make me inspired :b)
I named the days after the Semitic alphabet (22 letters= 22 days in a week) but that can easily be changed, since it's rarely mentioned. The months are named after the sons of Jacob (they're 12 more Dinah, the odd daughter), so...

Quote:
what did you mean by "so I made the month of Dinah, which 86 days every leap year"? you shorten it to 86?
No, I added a 13th month every 12 years.

Quote:
oh and, how important is similarity to our system?
It depends. The structure day-month-year and months having similar number of days is essential. A week span can vary, since I don't care that much for it. Now for daily time units, as long as 1 clock can work practically without people having to extrapolate a lot (that's why for me 10:10:55:55 was good, since all of them are multiple of 5, like our 24:60:60 is based on 12).

Quote:
is the first 10 in 10:10:55:55 thee number of days in a week, or did you add some new unit?
New unit. It's Juvian Moon:Hour:Minute:Second. The first is inspired by the rotational period of Jupiter, but for the sake of clock practicallity, it is not the same (9,925 h of rotational period vs 8,402 h of a Juvian Moon).

Quote:
if its not weeks and similarity in system is more important than similarity in the length of a second then you could use:

24:115:115 at least it has 24 hours :b
Again, clock practicality is priority. That system would require 2 independent systems, since 24 has no common divisor with 115.

Quote:
will look more at the calendar, but you could do a similar knuckle counting system as we have here, with the days in the months going like

102 101 102 101 102 101 102 102 101 102 101 102
That'd make 4 extra days on leap years (1 in 5). Very good for leap year simplicity, but worst for accuracy, since it would be 1 day off every 60 years vs 1 day off every 1644 years I had (I forgot to do all the math and was stuck on 137 years, silly me).

Quote:
omg, stop with the numbers, I don't like the numbers.
But seriously, I am not very good at math or science, I thought the idea of the dimension with it's own time that is separate from our world is a cool one. Numinous, you are writing about demons and fantastical beings so you might as well make them live in a dimension with it's own time and not make it a Jupiter's moon. (that way that girl from middle ages can meet our contemporary "heroes" coz she spent some time in the demon world).
4095 a.L =/= 2009 (or 1481, for that matter). Due to the nature of the Gate of Alecto (traveling through time), the current events on Europa are NOT simultaneous to the events on Earth. They're only presented at the same pace for narrative sake.

Quote:
@num, i, for myself, havent excluded the possibility of amateratsu being t/s. its not likely, but its possible, and slightly hinted at.
I don't think it's a T/S by the principle of Occam's Razor, but I know why people might interpret it that way.

EDIT:

@ KYF, STFU.
Quote:
Kamui punches a hole in space so obvious T/S jutsu...
Quote:
After all the time people spent telling KYF that none of the MS techniques are T/S jutsu (except Kamui) 5 months ago, and you didn't get the memo?

And...

Quote:
Bullshat captain delusional. Are u kishi?? Didnt think so... now keep ur subjectively bias opinions what they are, OPINIONS, not FACTS
Projection much?
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 01-19-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #9162
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
It alters the PERCEPTION of Time, not time itself. Time will continue to flow at the normal rate for the person affected by Tsukuyomi and those around that victim. The victim will perceive time flowing at a different rate. Tsukuyomi is NOT a T/S jutsu because it does NOT alter time itself, nor does it alter space since everything it does is in the victim's mind.
It does not control time, it controls time??? Lol!!

All ur doing is breaking down what happens in phenomenological reality while just calling physical realties time, TIME... which is asinine!!!

In physical reality all that happens is ur sensory organs gather info and u put it together into a perception of what u think is going on... u see something change, feel as though time has passed (awareness of said change) or see a clock show a different number then before... Basically all u can do to try and grasp reality in the physical sense.

And physical reality wouldnt exist without the consciousness of phenomenological reality to be aware of time and change....

Now quit calling a potatoe a Patatto and accept tsukuyomi as a T/S genjutsu because thats what it is...
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #9163
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
@ KYF, STFU.



And...



Projection much?
Damn numi, thats^^^ just weeeeeaaak!!

Im not the one going around trying to canonize my opinion lol... Im projecting some Enlightenment on to the blind
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #9164
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,688
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,707 Times in 3,839 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
It does not control time, it controls time??? Lol!!
I did not say that. I said it controls the perception of time. Time is a physical constant in reality. It flows at a constant pace (near as physicists can tell) unless something, like a black hole, alters it.

Quote:
All ur doing is breaking down what happens in phenomenological reality while just calling physical realties time, TIME... which is asinine!!!
Your posts are asinine. I'll say it again. Time is a constant. It flows at a constant rate regardless of how we measure it.

Quote:
In physical reality all that happens is ur sensory organs gather info and u put it together into a perception of what u think is going on... u see something change, feel as though time has passed (awareness of said change) or see a clock show a different number then before... Basically all u can do to try and grasp reality in the physical sense.
Perception of an event =/= that event. I can do nothing, time will seemingly pass more slowly for me. Or I could be doing something and time will seemingly pass faster. I'm not altering the rate time flows for me, it's purely a matter of perception. Exactly what Tsukuyomi does. It alters the victim's PERCEPTION of Time rather than Time itself.

Quote:
And physical reality wouldnt exist without the consciousness of phenomenological reality to be aware of time and change....
Really? We make physical reality happen by being aware of it? If you were gone, physical reality would still exist.

Quote:
Now quit calling a potatoe a Patatto and accept tsukuyomi as a T/S genjutsu because thats what it is...
It's not a T/S genjutsu. It's a powerful genjutsu that alters one's perception of the flow of time to royally mind fuck someone in about a second. There is no altering of the flow of time other than how someone perceives it.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Numinous (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #9165
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
And physical reality wouldnt exist without the consciousness of phenomenological reality to be aware of time and change....
Did KYF just say that physical reality wouldn't exist without us and our perception of it? I've heard many things from anthropocentrism, but this takes the cake any day.

Quote:
Im not the one going around trying to canonize my opinion lol... Im projecting some Enlightenment on to the blind
Err... you got this situation backwards, dimwit.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 01-19-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-19-2011), kael03 (01-19-2011), platinumrug (01-19-2011)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.