VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!] - Page 612 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #9166
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
also, its not t/s. the victims body stays put. also him t/sing there souls to a different dimension doesnt make much sense. why? well, if he can put the soul in another dimension, why bring it back? just leave it there- tsukuyomi would be an instant ohko.
Ok, you got me there. I thought it sounds cool, drag someone's soul into another dimension.

But seriously Numinous and kal el, your "perception of time" doesn't cut it. I already explained why.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #9167
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superninja View Post
Ok, you got me there. I thought it sounds cool, drag someone's soul into another dimension.

But seriously Numinous and kal el, your "perception of time" doesn't cut it. I already explained why.
You mean the whole dimension thing? It's not an alternate dimension. Everything that happens during Tsukuyomi happens in the victim's mind. There's no manipulation of the Space/Time barrier here. It's an illusion placed on the victim to make them think that time is passing at the rate Itachi wants them to think. He's not actually manipulating time (as I explained to KYF). He's manipulating his target's perception of the passing of time to mind fuck them.

Also, Kal el? WTF? I'm not Superman.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #9168
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That's because you are putting an arbitrary limit on how stretched the perception of time can be. Electrical signals between the sensory organs and the brain occur in less than a milisecond, and there are millions of nerves between them, so if the brain was forced to send as many signals as possible to the sensory organs, the perception of time would be far more slower (I don't know the possible ratio between real time and apparent time with the brain's at full speed, but Tsukuyomi's potential can't be far off)

If you ask "so why doesn't our brain do that normally", it's because it would require a LOT of metabolic energy directed only to the brain and sensory organs to keep up with such a process, which is probably why Kakashi fainted after being victim of it.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #9169
superninja
ANBU

superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
That's because you are putting an arbitrary limit on how stretched the perception of time can be. Electrical signals between the sensory organs and the brain occur in less than a milisecond, and there are millions of nerves between them, so if the brain was forced to send as many signals as possible to the sensory organs, the perception of time would be far more slower (I don't know the possible ratio between real time and apparent time with the brain's at full speed, but Tsukuyomi's potential can't be far off)

If you ask "so why doesn't our brain do that normally", it's because it would require a LOT of metabolic energy directed only to the brain and sensory organs to keep up with such a process, which is probably why Kakashi fainted after being victim of it.
I am putting an arbitrary limit. We have a rate at which our thoughts occur and come to our consciousness. 1 second to 48 hours, that is 172 800 times faster than a normal brain would function. That is, in my opinion, impossible.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #9170
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I am putting an arbitrary limit. We have a rate at which our thoughts occur and come to our consciousness. 1 second to 48 hours, that is 172 800 times faster than a normal brain would function. That is, in my opinion, impossible.
Ninja. Magic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (01-19-2011), That1CheezyGuy (01-20-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #9171
superninja
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenninKorby View Post
Ninja. Magic.
Well, yeah. But in that case I could be right about Itachi transporting his and the other guys mind into a dimension where time flows differently, one second in our world would be 5 days in that dimension. It's a theory of relativity (I don't understand the theory but I am using it since it says similar stuff).

Now Numinous will read a book about theory of relativity and start writing the formulas down lmao. Don't try, no one can understand that shit.

Besides what is more probable, that Kakashi's mind worked 170 000 times faster than normal so he could experience 48 hours, or that Itachi transported his mind into another dimension? I have the science on my side.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #9172
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Again, you are putting an arbitrary limit to arbitrary terms. You were the one who came up with "2 days in 1 second", while the manga says "3 days in a moment", and doesn't specify how long that moment was. Also, "172 800 times faster than a normal brain would function"? The brain doesn't have a default perception of 1 second, it can change wildly depending on what the sensory organs are sending to the brain.

Quote:
Well, yeah. But in that case I could be right about Itachi transporting his and the other guys mind into a dimension where time flows differently, one second in our world would be 5 days in that dimension. It's a theory of relativity (I don't understand the theory but I am using it since it says similar stuff). (I don't understand the theory but I am using it since it says similar stuff).
If you don't know what it means, it's better not use it or you're pulling a KYF.

Time dilatation depends on the velocity and/or gravity of the object/environment.And for such a stark difference in time dilatation, Tsukuyomi's hypothesized dimension would be in cosmic body moving absurdly close to the speed of light or with a huge gravity force that would make Kakashi's body crush due to his own weight.

Quote:
Besides what is more probable, that Kakashi's mind worked 170 000 times faster than normal so he could experience 48 hours, or that Itachi transported his mind into another dimension? I have the science on my side.
Occam's Razor says that is more probable to modify the perception of time 170 000 times faster than Kakashi surviving 3 days in Tsukuyomi's dimension. I have the science on my side.

Last edited by Numinous; 01-19-2011 at 04:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #9173
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well, yeah. But in that case I could be right about Itachi transporting his and the other guys mind into a dimension where time flows differently, one second in our world would be 5 days in that dimension. It's a theory of relativity (I don't understand the theory but I am using it since it says similar stuff).

Now Numinous will read a book about theory of relativity and start writing the formulas down lmao. Don't try, no one can understand that shit.

What, are you trying to argue that Num's argument is somehow invalid because you don't know enough about shit to know what the fuck he's saying?

Which is more likely? Given that Tsukuyomi CONTROLS THE MIND, AS IT IS A GENJUTSU, the former is infinitely more likely. It ever occur to you that the sheer stress that Tsukuyomi puts the mind under, in tandem with the perceived pain it causes the victim to feel, IS WHAT CAUSES THE MENTAL BREAKDOWN?

The passage of time is an entirely perceived trait, and the speed at which times passes is NOT BASED ON "HOW HARD YOUR BRAIN IS WORKING". You know how time seems to slow to a crawl when you're bored as fuck or put in a situation that would cause an adrenaline rush? You know how time seems to go so much faster when you aren't paying attention to it? Seconds aren't somehow changing in length, they just seem to last a different amount of time because of perception. Tsukuyomi controls that perception of time.

For your claim that "the brain only goes so fast...", no. Conscious thought may seem to "take time", but subconscious brain activity is damn-near-instant
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-19-2011), kael03 (01-19-2011), Numinous (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #9174
superninja
ANBU

SeninKorby, why are you so aggressive, you gonna make me cry. "I don't know the shit I'm talking about", well as Socrates once said "I never claimed to know".

Listen to this, the nerve impulses have a speed of travel, that speed is determined. I don't know what that speed is and I am too lazy to google it, but in one second you have a limited amount of nerve impulses because that speed is limited. You won't be able to fit three days of nerve impulses into one second because of physical limitations.

And you said I don't know what I'm talking about. Well compared to people that study I sure as hell don't, but the little I know I will say. And repeat again and again and again.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #9175
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Quote:
SeninKorby, why are you so aggressive, you gonna make me cry. "I don't know the shit I'm talking about", well as Socrates once said "I never claimed to know".
Socrates' methods were also the same ones that gave us the Geocentric theory. The one that was completely wrong. Philosophy and logic are fine and dandy, but without legitimate facts, proving a point is a guessing game, rather than a science.

Quote:
Listen to this, the nerve impulses have a speed of travel, that speed is determined. I don't know what that speed is and I am too lazy to google it, but in one second you have a limited amount of nerve impulses because that speed is limited. You won't be able to fit three days of nerve impulses into one second because of physical limitations.
That's called reflexes. You know how fast you can cause parts of your body very far away from the brain to do something just by nerve impulse? Really. Effing. Fast. Do you understand just how fast electrical impulses are? Literally as fast as lightning. You think lightning couldn't strike thousands upon thousands of times in a second (without factoring in the sheer amount of static electricity necessary)?

Quote:
And you said I don't know what I'm talking about. Well compared to people that study I sure as hell don't, but the little I know I will say. And repeat again and again and again.
That's not an admirable trait. That's stubbornness. That's refusing to acknowledge fact. That's refusing to listen to reason.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-19-2011), kael03 (01-19-2011), Numinous (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #9176
superninja
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenninKorby View Post
That's called reflexes. You know how fast you can cause parts of your body very far away from the brain to do something just by nerve impulse? Really. Effing. Fast. Do you understand just how fast electrical impulses are? Literally as fast as lightning. You think lightning couldn't strike thousands upon thousands of times in a second (without factoring in the sheer amount of static electricity necessary)?
Nice try. Two nerve cells are not directly connected so the electrical impulse doesn't travel as fast, they have to send messenger molecules to signal the next nerve cell in line. That takes time. Polarizing and depolarizing of the nerve cells takes time.

But it's better for us not to talk about science coz we are no experts. Numinous might show up and humiliate the both of us lol. She is like that, she likes science. I brought manga evidence instead - http://www.mangareader.net/93-147-17...apter-142.html

Itachi calls it a "world". It's a different dimension all right?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #9177
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It's an illusory world in which Itachi reigns supreme. You have to remember that Tsukuyomi is a GENJUTSU. It's all an ILLUSION. It's not real and, therefore, it doesn't affect space/time. It affects how one perceives the flow of time. Hence why in the illusion, 3 days pass, but outside the illusion there's a passage of about a second. Kakashi was made to perceive the passage of 3 days while under an illusion that controls all of the senses.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #9178
Numinous

Quote:
Quote:
Nice try. Two nerve cells are not directly connected so the electrical impulse doesn't travel as fast, they have to send messenger molecules to signal the next nerve cell in line. That takes time. Polarizing and depolarizing of the nerve cells takes time.
  1. Nervous signals last a few milliseconds.
  2. Synaptic lag AND action potential only lasts between 0.2 and 1 milliseconds.
  3. Neurons can handle more than one nervous signal at a given time due to the saltatory nature of signal conduction. And the longer the neuron is, the more signals it can handle at a given time. Of course neurons usually don't conduct as many signals as they can.
  4. Each nerve has millions of neurons, which adds up to a few billions if you only count the sensory organs and sensory parts of the brain, which are relevant to Tsukuyomi. And considering that a human has trillions of neurons, if one was to direct the signals only to the relevant parts for a couple of seconds and intensifies the number of signals, the perception of time would be incredibly stretched.

Quote:
She is like that, she likes science.
Holy Mother of all Revelations, I grew a vagina and didn't know about it!

Quote:
And the metaphor flew right above your head.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-19-2011), platinumrug (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #9179
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Goddamn why did this topic have to be brought up again. This is like the 10th time, already. I'm ending this shit now.

Tsukuyomi is NOT a T/S jutsu. Everyone that agrees, yaaaah. Everyone that doesn't boooooo!!!!!

Tsukuyomi is not set in some sort of alternate dimension. It's in the mind. It's basically nothing more then a dream state. Here's a fun fact. A dream that feels like it lasts for hours is actually only a few minutes in reality. It's time distortion bitches. Genjutsu works by affecting the mind. Do I have to draw you picture or can you connect the strings yourself??? Goddamn.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-19-2011), Numinous (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #9180
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
I named the days after the Semitic alphabet (22 letters= 22 days in a week) but that can easily be changed, since it's rarely mentioned. The months are named after the sons of Jacob (they're 12 more Dinah, the odd daughter), so...

No, I added a 13th month every 12 years.

It depends. The structure day-month-year and months having similar number of days is essential. A week span can vary, since I don't care that much for it. Now for daily time units, as long as 1 clock can work practically without people having to extrapolate a lot (that's why for me 10:10:55:55 was good, since all of them are multiple of 5, like our 24:60:60 is based on 12).

New unit. It's Juvian Moon:Hour:Minute:Second. The first is inspired by the rotational period of Jupiter, but for the sake of clock practicallity, it is not the same (9,925 h of rotational period vs 8,402 h of a Juvian Moon).

Again, clock practicality is priority. That system would require 2 independent systems, since 24 has no common divisor with 115.

That'd make 4 extra days on leap years (1 in 5). Very good for leap year simplicity, but worst for accuracy, since it would be 1 day off every 60 years vs 1 day off every 1644 years I had (I forgot to do all the math and was stuck on 137 years, silly me).
ok, just popping out some ideas. didnt really get that much into the numbers (didnt have paper by me, math without paper doesnt just feel right) will dive into it when i am able to (probably tomorrow). i pretty much got a feeling for what you are looking for now so it will be easier

if you want added accuracy you could always do what we do, add leap leap years (when a year that should be a leap year isn't a leap year). actually, that wouldnt work that well, since a leap year on europa doesnt add one day.

well, ill look into it more tomorrow (a bit tonight also).

edit: would to wouldn't

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 01-19-2011 at 07:56 PM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Numinous (01-19-2011)