VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!] - Page 646 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #9676
superninja
ANBU
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,841
Thanks: 190
Thanked 690 Times in 553 Posts
superninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura aboutsuperninja has a spectacular aura about
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
But we're discussing Tenten master of the Banana Fan vs Chouji of the Butterfly Effect.
Lets wait a couple of chapters to see how strong they are, if I had to guess I would say Chouji (if his speed got the same boost as his strength).
__________________
The great off panel war has begun...also called the war of one panel because most fights started and ended in one panel.

Also Kin and Gin as substitute for kyuubi chakra (the greatest amount of chakra in Naruto world) is something Kishi pulled out of his ass. I lost major respect. It would be like near the end of LOTR there happens to be another slightly weaker ring and Sauron is like "that will do". It kind of shits on everything established up to that point. It kind of insults my intelligence.
superninja is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #9677
X2Z
Academy Student
 
X2Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: iraq
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
X2Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

alright
__________________
i'm dead
X2Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #9678
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

this is a random fight but i was rewatching old naruto episodes and i was up to the chuunin exam . neji and kurenai seemed to have a moment after he beat down hinata.

so what do you guys think, neji vs kurenai during the chuunin exams. can neji take down a rookie jounin kurenai?
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #9679
Wolverine
Special Jounin
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Guess....
Age: 25
Posts: 2,177
Thanks: 2,666
Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

We don't know the Byakugan's resistance to Genjutsu. That aside, Neji beats Kurenai. It's not even a contest.
__________________
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #9680
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power
 
NeoKakarott023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, East Blue
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 3,841
Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
We don't know the Byakugan's resistance to Genjutsu. That aside, Neji beats Kurenai. It's not even a contest.
Rookie Neji owns Kureani... I don't think so, just because she got own'd by Itachi, that dosen't make her totally garbage, Kishi only showd prolly 3 total moves out the Broad. Additionally at Jounin rank, at the time of the Chuunin Exams, I'd say she'd own all of them except Naruto with the Kyuubi's help. Somehow I don't believe they give out Jounin Ranking like candy.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #9681
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

neji wasnt a rookie genin during the chuunin exams and i believe it said kurenai was a rookie jounin, just to clarify since you said rookie neji neo
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #9682
Wolverine
Special Jounin
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Guess....
Age: 25
Posts: 2,177
Thanks: 2,666
Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Rookie Neji owns Kureani... I don't think so, just because she got own'd by Itachi, that dosen't make her totally garbage, Kishi only showd prolly 3 total moves out the Broad. Additionally at Jounin rank, at the time of the Chuunin Exams, I'd say she'd own all of them except Naruto with the Kyuubi's help. Somehow I don't believe they give out Jounin Ranking like candy.
My bad. I meant Neji beats Kurenai, not Rookie Neji. I overlooked that during the Chuunin Exam bit. I thought he was citing the Chuunin Exam as reference and hinted at a battle between current Neji and Kurenai when she on the active roster.
__________________
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #9683
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power
 
NeoKakarott023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, East Blue
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 3,841
Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
neji wasnt a rookie genin during the chuunin exams and i believe it said kurenai was a rookie jounin, just to clarify since you said rookie neji neo
So Neji was a Chuunin taking the Chuunin Exams? Thats what you said, because Rookie = less than Genin, and you can't be a Genin until after graduating. In any situation, what does that say about a villages ranks if someone heading to Genin graduation had such ability and skill that they could wipe out someone 2 ranks higher (chuunin, jounin)? Sure they're are special cases like Jinks, but Neji, wasn't that special back then in the grand scheme of things. He was like Naruto, & Sasuke, showing 'flashes' of greatness, it wasn't consistent because they were all too young, and inexperienced.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 04-06-2011 at 09:41 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #9684
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
So Neji was a Chuunin taking the Chuunin Exams? Thats what you said, because Rookie = less than Genin, and you can't be a Genin until after graduating. In any situation, what does that say about a villages ranks if someone heading to Genin graduation had such ability and skill that they could wipe out someone 2 ranks higher (chuunin, jounin)? Sure they're are special cases like Jinks, but Neji, wasn't that special back then in the grand scheme of things. He was like Naruto, & Sasuke, showing 'flashes' of greatness, it wasn't consistent because they were all too young, and inexperienced.
i dont know what your first sentence or 2 is talking about. neji was not a rookie genin, he was not one of the konohas rookie 9 genin. he had already graduated a year prior to the rookie genin who entered the exam. neji in that exam far exceeded pretty much every genin. he was the top rookie in konoha after graduation and had another year of missions and training under gai when he was entering the chuunin exams. you think kurenai was ever top rookie, doubtful. i mean less then 3 years later neji becomes a jounin. she was a rookie jounin at the time. do you think ranks are truly what determines a winner in a fight, i dont. he beat that guy from the sound 5 who was very strong by himself. im pretty sure he would wipe the floor with most chuunin. there are shinobi like iruka who are chuunin. so i dont think its crazy to pit a genius like him with his skills and kkg against a rookie jounin such as kurenai
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #9685
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power
 
NeoKakarott023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, East Blue
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 3,841
Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
i dont know what your first sentence or 2 is talking about. neji was not a rookie genin, he was not one of the konohas rookie 9 genin. he had already graduated a year prior to the rookie genin who entered the exam. neji in that exam far exceeded pretty much every genin. he was the top rookie in konoha after graduation and had another year of missions and training under gai when he was entering the chuunin exams. you think kurenai was ever top rookie, doubtful. i mean less then 3 years later neji becomes a jounin. she was a rookie jounin at the time. do you think ranks are truly what determines a winner in a fight, i dont. he beat that guy from the sound 5 who was very strong by himself. im pretty sure he would wipe the floor with most chuunin. there are shinobi like iruka who are chuunin. so i dont think its crazy to pit a genius like him with his skills and kkg against a rookie jounin such as kurenai
You got Neji's past incorrect, he ran with Lee, and Ten Ten from the beginning, and didn't enter the Academy before anybody in his chuunin class.

" However, before discovering the true events and the whole story of his father’s death, Neji’s anger had followed him as he grew in life. Neji eventually entered the Ninja Academy and graduated at age 12. He was then placed on a team with Lee and TenTen under Might Guy. Over the following year they would take on several missions and Guy would offer his Taijutsu secrets to his students. Only Lee took him up on his offer though. A year after graduating Guy entered his team into the Chuunin Exam."

http://www.leafninja.com/fullbio.php?p=Hyuuga_Neji

Additionally, these are his stats back then...

Hyuga Neji
Ninja Registration Serial Number: 012587
Ninja Academy Graduation Age: 12
Birthday: July 3rd (13-years-old, Cancer)
Height: 159.2cm Weight: 45.8kg Blood Type: O
Personality: Emotionless, realistic
Specialized Technique: Kaiten, Hakke 64 Hands
Desired Opponent: Hyuga Hiashi, Uzumaki Naruto
Hobby: Emptying his mind [Literally "thinking empty-mindedly," but its literal meaning in English sounds like something Naruto does all the time XD]

and here's Kurenai's,

Abilities
Genjutsu Specialist

The full extent of Kurenai's abilities are predominantly unknown. But, her skill with genjutsu are so vast that they are said to rival even those of Itachi Uchiha.[9] Most of her techniques focus around flora and fauna; primarily using large trees to bind opponents as well as flower petals for various reasons.

In an anime episode it was shown that she is even able to enter the subconscious of a person to see their true nature. She is also able to simultaneously affect multiple opponents with her techniques, as seen during her fight with Kisame Hoshigaki and Itachi Uchiha. Itachi, a genjutsu master himself, has also praised her skills.[10]

Stats Edit
Databook Ninjutsu Taijutsu Genjutsu Intelligence Strength Speed Stamina Hand seals Total
First 3.5 4 5 4 2 4 2 4.5 29
Second 4 4 5 4 2 4 2 4.5 29.5
Third 4 4 5 4 2 4 2 4.5 29.5

IMHO young Neji wouldn't win, he could try hard, but the genjutsu would eventually get him.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 04-06-2011 at 11:25 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #9686
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
You got Neji's past incorrect.
again, dont know what you are talking about. all i ever mentioned about his past was that he was not a rookie genin when entering the chuunin exam which was said to calrify because you called him a rookie. it was clearly said he graduated a year earlier and was a not part of konohas rookie 9.

on the actual fight im not sure genjutsu would work on the byakugan and thats kurenais greatest strength. her speed really isnt anything that cant be handled and she doesnt seem to be any more intelligent then neji, infact neji seems to have the advantage there with the use of his byakugan. he also clearly has the advantage in hand to hand combat. i think it would be a good fight.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #9687
Wolverine
Special Jounin
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Guess....
Age: 25
Posts: 2,177
Thanks: 2,666
Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

@Neo: We all agree that Kurenai is good with Genjutsu but you're over-hyping her skill in it. Her skill with Genjutsu matching Itachi Uchiha? Now that is a bit far-fetched to even think of.
__________________
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #9688
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,689
Thanks: 4,758
Thanked 8,710 Times in 3,841 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
@Neo: We all agree that Kurenai is good with Genjutsu but you're over-hyping her skill in it. Her skill with Genjutsu matching Itachi Uchiha? Now that is a bit far-fetched to even think of.
According to the databook her skill in Genjutsu rival's Itachi's. I'll just be damned if I can't find the damn translation.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #9689
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power
 
NeoKakarott023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, East Blue
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 3,841
Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMeFaN View Post
again, dont know what you are talking about. all i ever mentioned about his past was that he was not a rookie genin when entering the chuunin exam which was said to calrify because you called him a rookie. it was clearly said he graduated a year earlier and was a not part of konohas rookie 9.

on the actual fight im not sure genjutsu would work on the byakugan and thats kurenais greatest strength. her speed really isnt anything that cant be handled and she doesnt seem to be any more intelligent then neji, infact neji seems to have the advantage there with the use of his byakugan. he also clearly has the advantage in hand to hand combat. i think it would be a good fight.
Um your correct on Neji entering before the others, I misread that, but I've never heard that Hyuuga's were immune, or has some great defense vs. genjutsu, i've never seen that before, or even heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
@Neo: We all agree that Kurenai is good with Genjutsu but you're over-hyping her skill in it. Her skill with Genjutsu matching Itachi Uchiha? Now that is a bit far-fetched to even think of.
That was copied from LeafNinja a Naruto site, those aren't my words. What I got from it was that she was beneath Itachi, specifically because of his Sharingan Hax. And basically beyond Uchiha's she's the strongest genjutsu user in the manga. Anybody got somebody NON-Uchiha better, whip them out. Lets discuss.

Keep in mind they're are A LOT of characters with hax's etc., they're just not seen, its on paper. Don't assume because someone hasn't battled, or 'seemingly' couldn't be badss ain't, this is a manga where lots of people are on the sidelines waiting for a turn they'll never get.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 04-06-2011 at 12:37 PM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #9690
AniMeFaN
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 717
Thanks: 103
Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
According to the databook her skill in Genjutsu rival's Itachi's. I'll just be damned if I can't find the damn translation.
didnt he see right through her genjutsu and reverse it, that would lead me to believe his skill is greater, also he has more powerful genjutsu with the use of his sharingan.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.