VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!] - Page 94 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 AM   #1396
SharinganWarrior
Chuunin

SharinganWarrior will become famous soon enoughSharinganWarrior will become famous soon enoughSharinganWarrior will become famous soon enough
Re: VS Thread [With Manga Spoilers!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
Jiraiya vs Itachi = Itachi. This is just going based on what I've seen/know. Not just based on what is said (like that bullshit line from that dumb old sage from about Jiraiya having no equal lol). Honestly, I believe Jiraiya knows how to fight against the Sharingan. But I doubt he knows how to fight against the Mangekyou Sharingan. Hell, Jiraiya didn't even know a technique existed that could burn through his frogs' stomach. And that was just one of Itachi's powerful MS techniques. Lord knows what else he's hiding. Jiraiya just went Hermit mode, but I haven't seen anything impressive from it yet. At least, nothing that would take down someone like Itachi.
"A fight with Jiraiya wouldnt be without cost".. I doubt Itachi knows anything about the Hermit Mode (Dont know what Hermit Mode can do yet, but I'll bet its amazing).. When Itachi considered fightin' Jiraiya, he must have had thought about using MS, and besides Im pretty sure he thought that Kisame would fight alongside him..

Itachi's MS seems to be limited to use about 3 jutsus and then Itachi is out of chakra.. I'll bet that Jiraiya can break out any regular genjutsu, but I even doubt that Jiraiya would get caught.. So why get caught by any MS genjutsus.. So that leaves the usage of about three Amaterasus.. Itachi needs to be very accurate usin' them.. Bla, bla, bla... Yawn...

Im pretty sure Jiraiya could beat Itachi, hell, he could beat any member of the Akatsuki, not Pain, but Sasori, Hidan, Kakuzu, Deidara and the rest..
goldengod (08-30-2010)

Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #1397
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Jiraiya vs Itachi was always a topic to be discussed and disputed about.
I always said Itachi would win, and that is not because he is my favorite character. It is because he can instant kill any opponent. Jiraiya needs a few minutes to activate the Hermit mode. He needs seals to do any jutsu. His hair needs a second to reach it's target.
Amaterasu needs a blink to send anyone to oblivion.

And while we are at it, I don't know if Jiraiya can win against Kakuzu or Sasori. He is more powerful, and has more dangerous jutsu, but they can win with one attack, and that is what makes them very dangerous opponents.

Last edited by Shrike; 10-30-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #1398
trondah
ANBU

trondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Jiraiya vs Itachi was always a topic to be discussed and disputed about.
I always said Itachi would win, and that is not because he is my favorite character. It is because he can instant kill any opponent. Jiraiya needs a few minutes to activate the Hermit mode. He needs seals to do any jutsu. His hair needs a second to reach it's target.
Amaterasu needs a blink to send anyone to oblivion.

And while we are at it, I don't know if Jiraiya can win against Kakuzu or Sasori. He is more powerful, and has more dangerous jutsu, but they can win with one attack, and that is what makes them very dangerous opponents.
What a load of non-sense. If the Amaterasu could kill Jiraiya instantly, why did he flee then? The fact is, we know next to nothing about Amaterasu, it could be a shitty jutsu. About seals, Yondaime needed seals to use jutsu also, was he weak too? And what makes you think Jiraiya doesn't have any jutsu that could kill in one attack?

Hashirama Senju, the man hailed as the best shinobi of all time.

Last edited by trondah; 10-30-2007 at 08:39 AM.
trondah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trondah For This Useful Post:
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #1399
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondah View Post
What a load of non-sense. If the Amaterasu could kill Jiraiya instantly, why did he flee then? The fact is, we know next to nothing about Amaterasu, it could be a shitty jutsu. About seals, Yondaime needed seals to use jutsu also, was he weak too? And what makes you think Jiraiya doesn't have any jutsu that could kill in one attack?
I don't want to get started on why did Itachi flee from Jiraiya again, for one millionth time.
And I didn't said Jiraiya is weak because he has to do hand seals there, or you can't read.
We know next to nothing about Amaterasu, it could be shitty jutsu? Are you joking? If you are, then it didn't sound like it.
Reading your post is like visiting the circus.
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #1400
trondah
ANBU

trondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the rough

You don't want to get started because you can't finish. Obviously if he could kill Jiraiya with the Amaterasu instantly like you say, he would! He used it later just to escape from the toad prison. But why don't you go start a new thread and write about the Amaterasu the way you think it should be instead of the way Kishi wants it to be, then leave the facts for the rest of us to discuss.

goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #1401
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Guy vs Kimimaro - I would go with Guy, even though it is a very tough one since Kimi's CS2 is very powerful.
Guy can go gates, and that is the sole reason I think he can win.
Guy also uses ninjutsu and can probably defend against genjutsu.
He is very fast and powerful. Kimi's bones would be a big problem though.

Quote:
You don't want to get started because you can't finish. Obviously if he could kill Jiraiya with the Amaterasu instantly like you say, he would! He used it later just to escape from the toad prison. But why don't you go start a new thread and write about the Amaterasu the way you think it should be instead of the way Kishi wants it to be, then leave the facts for the rest of us to discuss.

I guess you can just be rude. Discussing things goes beyond your ability.
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #1402
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
You don't want to get started because you can't finish.
Whatever the reason may be, there's really no need to make a post that makes you sound like a childish brat.

Quote:
Obviously if he could kill Jiraiya with the Amaterasu instantly like you say, he would!
Really? Things are so obvious aren't they? It's obvious that Naruto could have killed Sasuke at the Valley had he directed his Rasengan the right way, but he didn't. It was obvious that Kabuto could have wtfowned Tsunade during the Sannin fight, but he didn't. So yeah, things may seem obvious to some, but that doesn't mean they'll happen.. Think a little.

Quote:
He used it later just to escape from the toad prison.
Yes. And have you forgotten Jiraiya's reaction to someone burning straight through his ZOMG frog's stomach? Jiraiya knew nothing of such a technique. He still doesn't even know. All he saw was a gaping hole set on black fire. So, I must say, you must be incredibly foolish if you believe that Itachi's Amaterasu wouldn't be able to insta-kill anyone it hits.

Quote:
But why don't you go start a new thread and write about the Amaterasu the way you think it should be instead of the way Kishi wants it to be, then leave the facts for the rest of us to discuss.
Pretty ignorant, aren't you? Really, if you can't put 2 and 2 together on what we've seen from Amaterasu, then stop post altogether.

Edit: New fight!

100% Itachi fighting with intent to kill instead of play around, vs 100% Kakashi also with intent to kill, and as added back up, he gets Neji's uncle.

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 10-30-2007 at 11:55 AM.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyM1979 For This Useful Post:
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #1403
trondah
ANBU

Quote:
Really? Things are so obvious aren't they? It's obvious that Naruto could have killed Sasuke at the Valley had he directed his Rasengan the right way, but he didn't. It was obvious that Kabuto could have wtfowned Tsunade during the Sannin fight, but he didn't. So yeah, things may seem obvious to some, but that doesn't mean they'll happen.. Think a little.
Not really sure where you're going here.

Quote:
Yes. And have you forgotten Jiraiya's reaction to someone burning straight through his ZOMG frog's stomach? Jiraiya knew nothing of such a technique. He still doesn't even know. All he saw was a gaping hole set on black fire. So, I must say, you must be incredibly foolish if you believe that Itachi's Amaterasu wouldn't be able to insta-kill anyone it hits.
I have never said it won't insta-kill anyone it hits. I'm saying Jiraiya would be able to dodge it. Amaterasu can seemingly burn through anything, but that doesn't mean you can hit someone easily with it.

Quote:
Pretty ignorant, aren't you? Really, if you can't put 2 and 2 together on what we've seen from Amaterasu, then stop post altogether.
Insults are easy to throw around. I'll say the same thing, put two and two together. Kisame and Itachi was there to capture Naruto, and they knew Jiraiya was there. After being confronted, Itachi uses Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and still has juice left for the Amaterasu. Still he chooses to flee even though he is backed up by Kisame. In my eyes that is pretty much evidence that he cannot 100% sure hit Jiraiya with it. Then he would kill Jiraiya and bring back Naruto because that was his mission. He even states himself that they would both be defeated. End of discussion.

Last edited by trondah; 10-30-2007 at 12:04 PM.
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #1404
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Not really sure where you're going here.
Wow. o_O

Quote:
I have never said it won't insta-kill anyone it hits. I'm saying Jiraiya would be able to dodge it. Amaterasu can seemingly burn through anything, but that doesn't mean you can hit someone easily with it.
That doesn't mean you can't easily hit someone with it either. And Jiraiya isn't known for any sort of speed. He's known for being a jutsu master.

Quote:
Insults are easy to throw around. I'll say the same thing, put two and two together. Kisame and Itachi was there to capture Naruto, and they knew Jiraiya was there. After being confronted, Itachi uses Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and still has juice left for the Amaterasu. Still he chooses to flee even though he is backed up by Kisame.
He may have fled for the same reason he and Kisame did against Kakashi, Kurenai, Gai, and Asuma. For the sake of not starting a war and causing a huge ruckus. Oh, but by your logic, I guess that means all four of them must be more powerful and able to take down Itachi and Kisame.

Quote:
In my eyes that is pretty much evidence that he cannot 100% sure hit Jiraiya with it.
Your eyes must not work well then. As I said, Jiraiya isn't known for being a fast character. Itachi is one of the fastest in Naruto, and most likely the fastest (living). That, coupled with his advanced Sharingan development...yeah.

Quote:
Then he would kill Jiraiya and bring back Naruto because that was his mission, end of discussion.
Read above please. End of discussion.

Edit: Trondah, please. You'll believe anything that's told to you? Itachi saying he'd be defeated anyway? Oh sure, let's believe what's convenient for your side. Let's also believe that Sakura can use genjutsu, along with every other line we're fed, instead of having the ability to think for ones self.

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 10-30-2007 at 12:18 PM.
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #1405
trondah
ANBU

Yeah, let's believe Itachi lies to Kisame that makes sense. Let's also believe that him killing Jiraiya will start a war. Your reasoning is so brilliant that I give up, you win.

goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #1406
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Yeah, let's believe Itachi lies to Kisame that makes sense.
I'm just saying we shouldn't all believe what we see. Because there are tons of things that contradict themselves.

Quote:
Let's also believe that him killing Jiraiya will start a war. Your reasoning is so brilliant that I give up, you win.
Well, Jiraiya is close to Tsunade, and is one of Konohas best.....and we HAVE seen Itachi and Kisame retreat for exactly the reason of not causing a war/making a ruckus, so it's not farfetched. Buut, you can believe what you want in your own imagination.
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #1407
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:
100% Itachi fighting with intent to kill instead of play around, vs 100% Kakashi also with intent to kill, and as added back up, he gets Neji's uncle.
I say that Itachi can win that fight.

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nexus For This Useful Post:
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #1408
truavenger4116
Chuunin

truavenger4116 is on a distinguished roadtruavenger4116 is on a distinguished road

miss post srry i agree itachi can handle kakashi 100% and i havnt seen nejis uncle but that would be interesting...

Last edited by truavenger4116; 10-30-2007 at 05:58 PM.
truavenger4116 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to truavenger4116 For This Useful Post:
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #1409
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of

As long as Itachi doesn't overdo his eyes, he's got a good chance.
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharingan Lord For This Useful Post:
goldengod (08-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #1410
MikeyM1979
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan Lord View Post
As long as Itachi doesn't overdo his eyes, he's got a good chance.
Well, that's the thing. He's gonna need his eyes. Neji's uncle's taijutsu I'm sure is on par or above Itachi's. So he'll need his Sharingan to keep track. Also, Byakugan can see through genjutsu. And then there's Kakashi and his crafty self.
goldengod (08-30-2010)