Online videos stalling! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Computers

Computers Need help with a problem, or just want to talk about computers? Then this is the place to do that.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
stephc963
Academy Student

stephc963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Online videos stalling!

hey! how come the videos i watch online are stalling and not running smoothly? like on youtube. practically all of the videos! how can i fix it? thanks.
stephc963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Re: Online videos stalling!

That may be largely because of your internet speed. It has a BIG effect of how things load.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
stephc963
Academy Student

how do i improve the internet speed? could it be b/c i have an old computer? thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Theres two things that could be the problem, and how old your computer isn't one of them.

It could be that your video card isn't powerful enough to process the videos...but since your asking about watching streaming videos (videos online), then its not your video card.

The second cause would be your internet connection isn't fast enough. If there is an option on the site where your watching the videos to switch to a lower bitrate, then I suggest you use the lowest bitrate thats available. If there are no multiple bitrate options, then your either going to have to find a different place to watch videos or learn to live with it.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

if its youtube that your worried about, then pause the video for a few mins, then come back to it, and it should be loaded a bit,giving you longer smooth video play.

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

My internet vids load slow on youtube aswell for some reason. Don't worry just use other websites like www.dailymotion.com

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
Theres two things that could be the problem, and how old your computer isn't one of them.

It could be that your video card isn't powerful enough to process the videos...but since your asking about watching streaming videos (videos online), then its not your video card.

The second cause would be your internet connection isn't fast enough. If there is an option on the site where your watching the videos to switch to a lower bitrate, then I suggest you use the lowest bitrate thats available. If there are no multiple bitrate options, then your either going to have to find a different place to watch videos or learn to live with it.
What he says is true, but what kinda internet do you have?

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #8
stephc963
Academy Student

thanks for the responses! well, i have microsoft internet explorer! plus theres a wireless network in the house with 3 computers! sadly my computer is not the main one.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
Ichigo Usaragi

Yup just wait a few moments and it shoud load quite a bit.