DEsert Punk - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 05-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
EJ
Reckless

EJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of light
DEsert Punk

Desert Punk brief overview:

(砂ぼうず, Sunabōuzu?) is an anime set in a post-apocalyptic world.[1] After an implied nuclear catastrophe, like many other countries, Japan has been reduced to a desert and the surviving humans eke out a meager living in the hot sands.

Desert Punk focuses on the adventures of a desert handyman called Kanta Mizuno, nicknamed Sunabōuzu, due to his seemingly incredible feats of skill and daring while on the job. Throughout the series, he acquires an apprentice and makes a few friends as well as enemies.

During the first half, the series has light-hearted overtones as we learn about him and his life in the desert through his humorous and wacky adventures, often due to his overcharged sex drive and his obsession with big breasted women. The show adopts a more serious atmosphere during the second half of the anime as he becomes embroiled in the political turmoil that soon erupts over Japan and its subsequent consequences, as well as exploring, experiencing and ultimately questioning the fallacies of the hard, bitter environment that is the desert. This change in tone is reflected in the opening and closing themes of the anime.
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future
Re: DEsert Punk

Yeah I tried watching this anime and it sucked so much I had to turn it off so I could continue living my semi-sane life as we know it....
Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
EJ
Reckless

EJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of light

lol it was kinda weird at first, but I enjoyed the humor afterwards

do you know where I can find it? because I've been trying to look for more episodes but no luck
Old 05-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future

It was on comcast's on demand int he anime network or anime selects section last year... there are a few episodes on youtube...
Old 05-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #5
EJ
Reckless

he's a cool protagonist, brave, daring, and perverted lol
Old 05-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #6
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk_sea_monkey View Post
It was on comcast's on demand int he anime network or anime selects section last year... there are a few episodes on youtube...
That's where I saw the first episode, but dammit, Time Warner completely raped the On Demand anime section here in California. >.>

Anyways:

I laughed pretty hard when I saw the first few eps. When Desert Punk was taking on that one gang...

"Your mother's a filthy whore! Your mother's a filthy whore!"

Gawd, I almost died laughing. XD
His shotgun kicks ass, too.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #7
EJ
Reckless

it was hilarious

SHUT UP MY MOM ISN'T A DIRTY WHORE!!!

where can I find this delish anime? :/
Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasenganAcv2 View Post
it was hilarious

SHUT UP MY MOM ISN'T A DIRTY WHORE!!!

where can I find this delish anime? :/
I was literally rofl'ing (since I was laying on the floor to begin with XP).

If you have a torrent account just Google Desert Punk torrents. You'll find something.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
EJ
Reckless

sounds good =]

how long is it though?

I think it was 24 episodes right?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:21 AM   #10
LonelyNinja

I don't know how many episodes there were. Wikipedia should be able to tell you, though.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
EJ
Reckless

Wiki had like 24, sadly :/

I love it man

The Demon and The Double Ds was good