If you were an Admin at Narutolounge... - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #16
Pride
Change is coming

Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough
Re: If you were an Admin at Narutolounge...

-Fire all the mods.
-Ban shino 1 hour for everytime he didnt unban me
-fire all the super mods aside form freshgrease
-hire new peeps for mods, ones that dont suck
-add a flame section (but keep the flame rules in othe rplaces, maybe not as strict tho)
-leave the spam zone alone, no moderation needed.
-lean up on alot of the rules
- and most importantly i would LISTEN to what my members wanted.

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #17
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

If I was admin?

I don't know, things are pretty good here. Although infractions can get pesky, it's not the forum as a whole, just individual mods.

I'd also encourage better grammar. I mean, most stuff is okay, but at least make it readable.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #18
TheFourthTail!
Chuunin

TheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of light

a points system / shop app would be nice

maybe try to put a stop to the attention whoring =/

and uh i would listen to the members more...

not that i'd do anything they say...
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #19
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Flaming would only be as punishable as spamming, except in extreme cases.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #20
EJ
Reckless

EJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979 View Post
Well said. Or, tell everyone to not take things so seriously.

I mean, it is just a forum. Not everyone here takes flames seriously, and I'm assuming those who do would be the 10-14 year olds here that whine about it. Maybe there should also be a different age minimum for joining. The youngest I've seen so far was like, what....11?

Edit: Wait, was this thread meant as just a spammy general chatty thread? Or was it intended for actual suggestions? Sounds like both.
I seen 10 yr olds

-I would also do that, put an age limit
-maybe try to recruit some well deserved mods
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #21
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

If I were a admin, I would allow people to join more than 5 fcs, give people only one chance for being banned for something, the next will be perm ban, and finally, I would add more rep bars.^_^

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #22
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

There have been nine year olds here, actually. Minimum age at other forums I've gone to is thirteen. Usually bumps up the maturity level a tiny bit, but barely. A kid who sees that he's gotta be a certain age to join a site he really wants to join'll just lie about it anyway. And then you end up with so-called "thirteen-year-olds" that act like they're five.

Anyway. If I were admin?

I don't really have a problem with the way things are run now. I'm pretty happy with the way things are run, overrall, though I think that some of the mods could be a little more active at the forums. But then again, this isn't that big of a forum to warrant them to be here at all times of the day, and people have lives, after all.

And for those of you complaining about the flaming rules, I have to wonder why it matters. If you're insulting another member, it's flaming. And infractions for flaming can always be taken away if they were mistakenly administered - like in the case of two friends bickering or something, and no harm being done. Infractions have been removed in this kind of case before, so I really don't see what the big deal is about the flaming rules.

Besides, the only thing that would come out of being more lenient about it is people calling each other fags and idiots left and right.

Anyway, I think things are pretty much fine as they are. I don't really have anything to complain about, or anything I would want to change if I was an admin.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #23
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
-Fire all the mods.
-Ban shino 1 hour for everytime he didnt unban me
-fire all the super mods aside form freshgrease
-hire new peeps for mods, ones that dont suck
-add a flame section (but keep the flame rules in othe rplaces, maybe not as strict tho)
-leave the spam zone alone, no moderation needed.
-lean up on alot of the rules
- and most importantly i would LISTEN to what my members wanted.
And thats why you would be the worst possible admin ever.

Listening to your members and actually doing everything they suggest are two completely different things. I listen to their suggestions/comments, but that doesn't mean I'll do every last thing they ask. Why? Because they don't always know whats best for the forum, alot of the time they only ask/suggest things that benefit themselves or things they think would be "cool". Basically they dont have the best interest of the forum in mind, only the best interest for themselves.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #24
TheFourthTail!
Chuunin

TheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of light

yea that was the thing i was trying to point out

i would change another thing...

if you get banned for flaming, but the other party says it's allright, you shouold get unbanned
Old 06-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #25
H_I
Jounin

H_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
Everyone says to be more lenient with the flamming rules. Here's a question: Why? You flame someone, they get insulted, so you get punished. We can't seperate flames into mild, moderate, and severe cases because if we do you whining sons a bitches will complain by saying that so and so flame should really be a moderate flame instead of a severe one. Theres no right way to do it, no matter what we do. So deal.

Here's an idea: DONT FUCKING FLAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. Dont get all mad and pissy at us for punishing you for doing something you shouldn't. Get mad at yourself for being too fucking stupid and flamming someone over the internet.
Spoken like a true general
Shino, Most people wont understand how we manage to keep any forum/website running. It takes hard work dedication and a ton of fucking patience. That being said, I started something a bit back, Letting a person become a 24 admin. So they can see the other side of it. Needless to say, only one person, I gave it to, was able to accomplish anything correctly, or make proper descions when they need to be made. For those who want SIG chANGES and Avator changes, There is a limit for a reason. And flamming, while funny to most, some cant take a joke, and everntually, it will be taken out of hand. So having none at all resolves more headaches then anyones thinks. besides that, enjoy. I just wanted to add my -2cents in
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokage Inuyasha
For those who want SIG chANGES and Avator changes, There is a limit for a reason
That was something I forgot to address in my post.

I can see why people are complaining about it, but there's really nothing that can be done, for the sake of forum.. health, I guess you could say, not to mention the fact of money spent on servers and bandwidth and whatnot.

I've never been an admin on a big forum like this so I can't say I know everything, or even a little bit, but I do know that having large KB permissions for avatars (like they have over at NF for senior members) or huge sigs makes it harder for the forum to work efficiently. Lag would be horrendous, and that would only lead to more complaining by the members. That was, if I'm not mistaken, one of the reasons TLTE was deleted, because of the strain it was causing on the forum. With bigger avatar and sig permissions, the strain would just be that much worse, and in the end, it'd just be detrimental to the forum itself. Things are fine the way they are. If you want big avatars and unlimited sig space, etc etc etc, go to NF or some other forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourthTail!
if you get banned for flaming, but the other party says it's allright, you shouold get unbanned
As far as I was aware, this was already possible a long time ago. =/
Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #27
TheFourthTail!
Chuunin

oh, i never realised you could...

never read anything about this in the rules...

*rereads*
Old 06-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #28
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

It's not in the rules, I don't think - because the point is to discourage flaming altogether.

But, there was a case, probably around a year or so ago, where a member had been banned because he or she called another member an idiot. When the banning thread was posted, the member who had been flamed PMed Shino about it, if I remember correctly, and asked him to retract the banning because he/she had taken no offense to the statement.

Because of that, the member that was banned was unbanned. I don't know if Shino made it a policy that this would be allowed, or if that was just a special case, but I do know that it has happened before in the past, at least once.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #29
TheFourthTail!
Chuunin

thanks for stating that out

as an admin, i would introduce the custom user title
Old 06-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #30
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future

-Switch some of the moderator's positions
-Bring BACK the Shop & the arcade.
-Add a special section for 'oldies'
-&maybe add a spot for computer/electronic help