Speed Racer Movie.....I am not kidding. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Speed Racer Movie.....I am not kidding.

Yeah, apparently so. I was going through the IMDB list and ran into this little gem. Not much is said but its in the making and if I am not mistaken is due to come out next year. I had a little chuckle before I thought about it; it might not be that bad. Not much you can do to screw up the movie except maybe the Speed Racer's car which is basically the whole point of the series. I used to watch it faithfully when I was little so what the heck, I think I will watch the movie for old time's sake.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
z3ro06
Genin

z3ro06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Speed Racer Movie.....I am not kidding.

tom cruise would make an awesome speed racer XD
Old 06-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Haha, I'd totally watch that. I know a kid that drives like speed racer. In the rain. I love the way Speed Racer talks... hope they keep the speaking like that, just so I can have my laughs.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

thats kinda old. they already have the cast and everything. the guy from the girl next door is playing speed
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
Kina
Star-Stuff

Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Are they're any trailers out for it? I haven't heard of this before. Whose the rest of the cast?

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

there arent any trailers yet, they jus started production i think and itll be out next summer. john goodman and susan sarandon are the parents. cristina ricci is trixie.and mathew fox is racer x. and emile hirsch is speed

they say this is the prototype for the movie
http://media.movies.ign.com/media/03...g_4640573.html

Last edited by blake; 06-23-2007 at 11:26 AM.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Kina
Star-Stuff

Sweet car, it looks better not all cartoony. I'll whe movie, depending on the quility o a trailer will decide if I'll see it in theaters.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
gaarasandchick13
Jounin

gaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud ofgaarasandchick13 has much to be proud of

I might watch the movie, idk. I probably won't watch it in theatres, but if it looks good in the trailers, i might.
That car is awesome. XD I'd love to just drive around in it and laugh.(well, when i have my liscense. lol) Maybe the movie won't be as lame as i thought it was gonna be when I first looked at this post.... hmm...
gaarasandchick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

And apprently, they're making a new Speed Racer anime with the Mach 6. At least that's what it said on Attack of the Show.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
Huna_Ichi
Genin

Location: In a country on a globe in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe thats really a pocket demention.
Huna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really nice

WOO! Cant at... wonder who the ids gonna be.yu know- theone with the monkey

..... O_O oh god..... its MOnthy Python all over... RUN AWAY!
Huna_Ichi is offline   Reply With Quote