Illegal Immigration - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #61
EightDX
Genin

EightDX is on a distinguished road
Re: Illegal Immigration

One: I doubt the neutrality of your "How Much Do Illegal Aliens Cost..." link. It's good that you have a source to link an idea to, but I don't think your link has a viable source (mostly since it is an "official" site that should know enough to cite). If a study had been done and was cited there, I would believe it. I highly doubt the owner of that site financed or did the survey themselves.

As for the time machine: I can't make five years pass.

...as for the 100 years ago thing, look up "Gilded Age" through Google or Wikipedia.

...and I have never once said that crossing the border illegally was legal in any sense. I have said numerous times, though, that it is not without logic.

...and this is not about the Iraq war. Bringing up the Iraq was in a thread about something else doesn't make you more credible. It also supports my argument that the problem is with the underlying system (the US Government), if anything.

...but at this point, we are stretching the scope of the argument a bit farther than we should.
The guns were empty and they boiled at him, transmogrified into an Eye and a Hand, and he stood, screaming and reloading, his mind far away and absent, letting his hands do their reloading trick. Could he hold up a hand, tell them he had spent a thousand years learning this trick and others, tell them of the guns and the blood that had blessed them? Not with his mouth. But his hands could speak their own tale.

The Dark Tower
EightDX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #62
narutoiscool
Chuunin

narutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to beholdnarutoiscool is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huna_Ichi View Post
WOOT! dude= i totay agree with you-100%. My grandother came from italy LEGALY during WW2... i dont wanna hear they are trying to scae poverty or anything... thats all well and good but do ti the right way. ad if you dont like it- tough shit... dont come here then. and its bull that they can get all this stff and white or black people can get. for exampel [and this is racest and illegal i think] this clinic turned down seeing my mother for kidney stones saying she needed to have a hipanic etnisity to come to them and that migrant workers get teated for FREE. WTH?!?!?!

go on youtube and look up angellover. i have a whole rant on it.
i agree with you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzegBv5bam4
best song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=segm2CUWFp4
Tokio hotel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llH13hboNYA
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HApqwIgSbgQ&feature=
narutoiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:03 AM   #63
Itai
Genin

Itai is on a distinguished roadItai is on a distinguished road

I just read the first post in the thread and that's hilarious... The U.S.A. most likely has some hardcore racists but as far as jobs being "crappy", it all matters to what you're qualified to do, and how well you are able to network (meet people who can get you good jobs; i.e. CEO of a company being a family friend).

People make life tough for other people, generalizing U.S.A. as a whole is a bit much.

Proud Member Of: Yondaime & Akatsuki Fc

Itai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #64
KanesAssasin
Academy Student

KanesAssasin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDX View Post
One: I doubt the neutrality of your "How Much Do Illegal Aliens Cost..." link. It's good that you have a source to link an idea to, but I don't think your link has a viable source (mostly since it is an "official" site that should know enough to cite). If a study had been done and was cited there, I would believe it. I highly doubt the owner of that site financed or did the survey themselves.

As for the time machine: I can't make five years pass.

...as for the 100 years ago thing, look up "Gilded Age" through Google or Wikipedia.

...and I have never once said that crossing the border illegally was legal in any sense. I have said numerous times, though, that it is not without logic.

...and this is not about the Iraq war. Bringing up the Iraq was in a thread about something else doesn't make you more credible. It also supports my argument that the problem is with the underlying system (the US Government), if anything.

...but at this point, we are stretching the scope of the argument a bit farther than we should.
well Im back finally, and that wedding was awful....but enough on that. The thing on Iraq was to show you that Times and all these news outlets aren't as unbiased as you believe. Thanks for not keeping on with the flaming, that was getting a little annoying.

As for my site not being "neutral" I could say the same thing about wikipedia. Anyone, and I mean anyone (I've done it and friends have too) can go on there and put whatever the heck they want, as long as it isn't blatantly wrong, plus the site if I'm remembering correctly is supported by a congressman, and if it's biased, prove me wrong. I will be glad to admit if it's biased if you can prove it to me.

Peace Through Power
KanesAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:49 AM   #65
EightDX
Genin

EightDX is on a distinguished road

...actually, Wikipedia (and all Wikimedia sites by principle) has rules set up for neutrality. The same goes for things like some newspapers, encyclopedias, and various other media sources. While it isn't law, it is good principle. (I believe the AP subscribes to that idea, but I'd have to check on that. Any good and honest media would, though)

"According to Jimmy Wales, NPOV is "absolute and non-negotiable."" -from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped..._point_of_view

And being a part of a political party that has certain views as well as certain corporate constituents often equates to being more than biased.

...but I'm not here to defend hard/soft sources, really. (At least I made some kind of point there.)

And when was I ever flaming? Disagreement doesn't equate to flaming, at least not where I'm from. To be honest, if a bit of honest, ideological resistance comes across as such, you might not be in the right frame of mind here. People can and will disagree with any given point at any given time and, if anything, that is the point of debating. Multitudes of ideas will be strewn about for all to see (this is especially true of forum debates), and I can guarantee that none of us will agree with them en masse. Again, though, that is the point of debating. It's not just one point of view, it's as many as possible.

And that message isn't going out to just KanesAssassin. It's going out to everyone who reads this message. The whole point of discourse is to provide multiple points of view. While it can easily erupt into a maelstrom of flaming and nothingness, it does not have to. Camps will form and battles will happen, I'm sure, but to throw a random pop culture quote in here, "There's no reason we can't be civil."

(I swear, I wish more things like Projekt Revolution came around. They get me in a good mood. One I can actually post in. >_< )
The guns were empty and they boiled at him, transmogrified into an Eye and a Hand, and he stood, screaming and reloading, his mind far away and absent, letting his hands do their reloading trick. Could he hold up a hand, tell them he had spent a thousand years learning this trick and others, tell them of the guns and the blood that had blessed them? Not with his mouth. But his hands could speak their own tale.

The Dark Tower
EightDX is offline   Reply With Quote