Gas Prices - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
Pride
Change is coming

Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough
Gas Prices

So over the past few years gas prices have steadily risen, and in alot of areas have broken 3 bucks a gallon, today i was driving home form couirt, noticed i needed some gas, so i look at the little isgns and shit and it says "regular unleaded : 1.98 & 9/10" (i dont understand what the 9/10 mean <_<) anyways, i was like holy shit, so i pulled in, and got my 20 bucks of gas, filled my car completely, even had to go back and get money back (only have a 10 gallon tank, i never let it get under 1/4 of a tank) so i was all happy and shit, had enough left to give to my mom for smokes. but then i started thinkign about why the hell gas prices are so low, i did some research its not just that place, everything is now under 2 bucks, except like all teh shit thats really close to my house, the most expensive is 2.12 a gallon. and i started thinking of possible reasons, and it dawned on me, political races are coming up (mayor, DA's, shit like that) so im like hmm... If prices can get this low when politics are tryign to get votes, why cant they be this low all the time? it's a god damn consperacy these high gas prices.

Discuss.

these are list of prices arund here. Prices in bold.

1.98 Raceway Bossier City Mon
9:54 AM DivneChiYaYa

Old Minden Rd at I-20
1.99 Sam's Discount Tobacco house a Bossier City Mon
5:01 AM NAZJR

Barksdale at Central Park
2.00 Raceway Bossier City Sun
3:52 PM SharPei

Old Minden Rd & !-20
2.00 Circle K Bossier City Sun
3:49 PM DivneChiYaYa

Old Minden Rd & I-20
2.00 Valero Bossier City Sun
3:46 PM DivneChiYaYa

Benton Rd & Old Minden Rd
2.01 Murphy USA Bossier City Mon
9:33 AM bulldog318

Airline & Melrose
2.01 Valero Bossier City Mon
8:23 AM Starlady73

Airline Dr & I-20 (Exit 22)
2.01 Citgo Bossier City Mon

Airline Dr & E Texas (Otto's)
2.01 Circle K Bossier City Mon

Hwy 80 E & Swan Lake
2.01 Albertsons Express Bossier City Mon

E Texas
2.01 AAFES Barksdale AFB Sun
3:08 PM Tomahawkdriver

Barksdale AFB
2.01 Albertsons Bossier City Sat
7:05 PM ellason

E Texas
2.05 Valero Bossier City Mon
12:50 AM Juugreen

Airline Dr at Viking Dr
2.06 Murphy USA Shreveport - NW Mon
12:50 AM Juugreen

Pines Rd. & Wesport Dr.
2.06 Citgo Shreveport - North Sun
8:23 PM Redbeard

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]

Last edited by Pride; 09-25-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: Gas Prices

It's not a conspiracy. GOP backers are putting a lot of pressure on the oil companies right now to lower prices so that they actually stand a chance in this November's race. They want people to think that things really aren't that bad.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
shadowclone
Genbu

shadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really nice

well here in Las Vegas the prices are still pretty high. around 2.65 ish for midgrade

So true.

shadowclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
Mooch

around here the prices bounce from 1.85 to 1.99
Old 09-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
It's not a conspiracy. GOP backers are putting a lot of pressure on the oil companies right now to lower prices so that they actually stand a chance in this November's race. They want people to think that things really aren't that bad.
uh-oh more gop bashing, wouldn't that then be considered a conspiracy. one reason i know of the drop is the change in gases. in the summer they use a more expensive type, the winter they use a winter blend, that cost less. Plus the fact that we had no major destructive hurricanes helps a little. also the fact that people drive more in the summer than the winter helps. So dont act like since bush got in the gas prices are all the sudden doing this. they have been up in the summer and down in the winter forever now.
Cant remember, my uncle is a owner of some gas lines in ohio, cant remember his excuses. in certain areas of the country its going to be more costly, like when i went to florida 3 weeks ago gas was 3 dollars there. when i got to ohio its 2.06. if the gop was worried about the votes wouldnt they lower the prices down in florida, it has been a important state.

no im not a rep. and i dont care for bush

Last edited by SirBenoit; 09-25-2006 at 06:17 PM.
SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

It's not a conspiracy if it is true. And of course I blame the GOP for oil prices. After all, almost all of the leading GOP members DO have millions, if not billions, of dollars invested into the oil companies.

(Additionally, there is no difference in the gas you get at winter and the gas you get at summer. You're thinking about the anti-freeze that you specifically add to your engine AFTER you get the gas.)

Anyhoo, I'm not exactly the only person that thinks this theory...

http://www.discourse.net/archives/20...tion_hmmm.html
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...9/big_oil.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...R2006091501121

Here's my favorite quotes from those articles:

Quote:
Cynics and Washington insiders will suggest to you without much hesitation that gas prices are sure to rise again in a little more than 60 days -- right after the midterm Congressional elections on November 7.

With gas at $3 a gallon, a lot of folks might head off to the ballot box steaming mad at politicians and Big Oil. That would be bad for incumbents, i.e., Republicans. Imagine the cost to Big Oil of a Congress in the hands of the Democrats next year. Can you spell p-r-i-c-e c-o-n-t-r-o-l-s?

The cost of Democratic control of Congress to Big Oil might reach well into the billions -- a lot more than keeping a lid on gas prices between now and November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K. Ashton
"As an economist, I cannot speculate on the politics that may be involved, but my recent research suggests that the recent drop cannot be explained by the drop in crude prices or the change in inventories alone. From an economic standpoint, therefore, it certainly raises questions in my mind as to whether the high prices we saw this summer were in any way justified by market fundamentals. I do not believe that they were. To the extent that prices are now declining more than market fundamentals might dictate suggests to me that a decision has been made to reduce prices back to levels that might be considered more in line with the forces of supply and demand. Whether that is a politically motivated decision is up to others to decide, not me! Nevertheless, it is clear to me that the prices we witnessed this summer could not be justified by the market."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mufson
No matter what theory oil analysts used to explain the spike in petroleum prices over the summer, this week those analysts were saying that those factors -- geopolitics, supplies of refined products and hedge fund speculation -- are working in reverse to drive prices down.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Old 09-25-2006, 06:56 PM   #7
D4rKR34v3r
ANBU

Location: Wow, if you are reading this stop trying to stalk me
D4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud ofD4rKR34v3r has much to be proud of

LOL, the reason they are making gas prices up is to encourage buying thse hybird cars or using the Bus (in canada TTC) or carpooling or walkign/biking and saving the earths oil. This is exactly like cigarette prices. In toronto the gas prices look good, yesterday they were 80-90 a litre (canadian =P) so that is pretty cheap.

There is no conspiracy with gas and stuff(or is there BUM BUM BUM). Well just to say there is a lot of other trasportation so use it and save the world!!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

sorry my internet sucks, but i did find this article. its from a liberal station, to go with all your L- sites. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14806032/. its on the winter blend like i said earlier.
http://www.slate.com/id/2098672/ sorry this is 2 years old, but it talks about the summer blends and why its more expensive.

it seems that libs want to cut down on pollution so they make us spend more on gas. then when they make cleaner gas, they jump on republicans for uping the cost of gas. i think they are in a lose lose situation
sorry if my spelling is bad

so there is no gop control of the gas lines before the election, just another L-winged conspiracy

Last edited by SirBenoit; 09-25-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #9
Hatori_Heiji
Genin

Hatori_Heiji is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah its no longer a just a cheat dollar or 2. or even cents (like back in the 60's and stuff). It cost alot now adays. It sucks for us because we have to pay them. Because well....we all need gas one way or another. I think its just stupid how much they're charging. I went to yosemite and the gas was 5$ a gallon! No Joke!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #10
Pride
Change is coming

Potter, wth is GOP?

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
SirBenoit
Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Potter, wth is GOP?
GOP, http://www.rnc.org/
republican.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #12
Pride
Change is coming

ah i see, i see. so its my kinda site ten? republicans own.

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Old 09-25-2006, 08:13 PM   #13
SirBenoit
Sennin

Sorry to throw you off, its not a site. i was saying that it pretty much mean republican, when you here it

Old 09-25-2006, 08:28 PM   #14
Pride
Change is coming

oh well im republican so, w/e

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Old 09-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #15
DarkAztek
Sand Man

Mod Note: Quit spamming up the thread. (And Pride, I'm suprised I have to tell you again, but don't call me that.)

As it has been said, I cannot find a reason for gas prices to drop so dramatically right now. Oil price per barrel is relatively the same as before, if not changed by a matter of $5. That should not have lowered prices by about 30 cents a gallon. And again, as I quoted, the reasons for it going down now are the reasons it went UP last September... You know, the year that there was no election.