Animal-human embryos deserve human rights! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
LonelyNinja

Animal-human embryos deserve human rights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo News Article "Animal-human embryos deserve human rights"
LONDON (Reuters) - Hybrid animal-human embryos created for medical research should be viewed as human and permitted to develop into children, Roman Catholic bishops have urged the British parliament.

Scientists want to use the hybrid embryos -- known as "chimeras" after the mythical half-man, half-animal creatures -- to understand better and find cures for illnesses such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and cystic fibrosis.

Under draft legislation to be debated in the British parliament this year, the chimeras would have to be destroyed within 14 days and it would be against the law to implant them in a woman's womb.

But Catholic bishops of England and Wales want women to have the right to bear the chimeras, which would be more than 99 percent human, as their own children, they told a parliamentary committee examining the legislation on Tuesday.

In their submission to the committee, the bishops said:

"It should not be a crime to transfer them, or other human embryos, to the body of the woman providing the ovum, in cases where a human ovum has been used to create them."

"Such a woman is the genetic mother, or partial mother, of the embryo; should she have a change of heart and wish to carry her child to term, she should not be prevented from doing so."

Scientists, who have been pushing for approval of hybrid embryos because of a shortage of human eggs for research, said the bishops misunderstood the science.

"If we are using cow eggs, there is no woman involved," Dr Stephen Minger, stem cell researcher at Kings College in London, told Reuters on Wednesday.

Eggs from animals, such as cows or sheep, would be stripped of their nuclear and species identity, he said. Human cells would then be placed in the empty egg vessels, creating stem cell lines for research.

"Using non-human eggs is really just a pragmatic way of accelerating the pace of research," Minger said.

"And we think it is more ethically justified to use non-human eggs rather than ask women to donate for research that is still very much in its infancy."

Britain is a leading centre for stem cell research, attracting scientists with a permissive environment that allows embryo studies within strict guidelines. The government has appointed a committee of legislators to recommend the best way to allow hybrid embryo research.

The bishops said they opposed creating embryos purely for research, but wanted to minimize harm to such life once created.
And ya know, when the animal-fetus child is born the church is gonna start screaming, "THIS IS AN ABOMINATION AGAINST GOD!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070627/...ain_embryos_dc

Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Re: Animal-human embryos deserve human rights!

Wow... that seems intersting... the church is ushing for them to be born, but I agree when they are, the Pope is going to go balistic.

I wanna be friends with a hybrid >.>

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Tookaipai
Azalea Jacques

Tookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to all

Yeah i agree completely, the day the childs born the pope is gonna say, "It's an abomination, I never agreed with it" and then everyone in the church is gonna follow suit like a row of dominoes, pathetic, following a figurehead like that!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
Seal_master
Local Necromancer

Seal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really niceSeal_master is just really nice

first Chimeras next
CENTAURS
the Minotaurs

Chibi Thread Updated: 3/13/08

CO_OWNER of the RP FC
Evil Fc

thankies Kina X3
by MeteoraTC
Member of:
Fable Fc
Naruto RPG fc
Owner of:
Blood+ Fc
Seal_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
dEcCrIx
Snake Eyes Yeah!

dEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to beholddEcCrIx is a splendid one to behold

Gundam Seed in the making >.>
Akatsuki FC
Death Note FC
Fighting Game FC
dEcCrIx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #6
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it, why couldn't I have been born into a later generation? I wanna be a fucking hybrid. I wanna be half-cat. D:

Or maybe half-dog.

That would be so cool.

//slightly out of her mind

But yeah - Catholic church is totally gonna flip if/when push comes to shove. Then they'll start denying this just like they did the exorcisms.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Kina View Post
I wanna be friends with a hybrid >.>
I don't know, they might bite your hand and give you rabies or something.

Yeah, I agree with what everyone else said. The Pope is going to want them extrerminated once they're born. But the funny part is that if they are allowed to be born, since they're part-human, killing them would be murder. So the Pope will have to deal with it or hire hitmen to kill them all. Now that's a funny thought, the Pope hiring hitmen.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
Naruto.Haruno
Banned

Naruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of light

I bet they die after a few years of birth.

Naruto.Haruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto.Haruno View Post
I bet they die after a few years of birth.
I don't think they'll live long as well.

@LN: see, they'll die before they can kill you! =D

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote