why would i get a warning - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Questions & Suggestions

Questions & Suggestions Post your questions or suggestions for this forum right here! We'll make sure to respond! Forum related questions only!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
JustPimpin
Jounin

JustPimpin can only hope to improve
why would i get a warning

why would in get a warning if it was the forums fault that i double posted? seriously, why would i double post? do you think i don't know what the edit button is? do you think someone with 500+ posts wouldn't know that? come on, and would i go through that much trouble of retyping all of that just to ass one more sentence? honestly, you mods are getting to be real prudes around here, and have been abusing your authority since i've been here(not just to me, but to all of the forumees here)....

^Come join the Troublemakers FC, click the sig^

IF ANYONE WANTS TO REPS ME, MAKE IT RED
.!.Believe It.!.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
sikfearless0
FALLEN HERO

sikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the roughsikfearless0 is a jewel in the rough
Re: why would i get a warning

yeah come on i dont even have a 100 posts and i know what the edit button is, that is retarted that every time the forum makes a mistake and double posts for u. ive only ben here for a month and i already know things are to strict.

^Thanks NarutoFreak Jr. for making me an awesome sig

Proud Member of NaruHina FC

Proud Member of Uzumaki Naruto FC

Proud Member Of TroubleMakers FC

Proud Member Of The Official Leaf Shinobi FC

I'm Gonna Be Higher Then God!-BlackStar
Old 06-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
LonelyNinja

Just be glad it wasn't an Infraction, just a warning. Seriously. And yes, sometimes I double post when the forum gets laggy, but after the post goes through, you know what I do? I recheck the thread to see if I double posted. Seriously, it takes two seconds to check if you double posted or not, and if you did you simply deleted one of the two posts. Not that hard.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

JP, who gave you the warning? You did delete the second post before you were served the infraction, right?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Well the forum went gay on me and made me create 2 same threads and I'm not bitchin about it...least you got a warning and not a infraction.

For the double post, just simply delete it and its fixed.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

JP--Stop whining, for one. For two -- even if it was the forum's fault, you should have realized that you had double-posted (glitch or no) and erased one of the posts to avoid a warning. But you didn't, and thus it is partially your fault anyways.

Secondly, your post count or your join date don't matter. Regardless of either of them, you can still make mistakes. I recently recieved an infraction for double-posting, and I've been here longer and posted more than you, so obviously, that kind of thing has nothing to do with the warning/infraction system, and that's the way it should be. If you're expecting favors or pardons around here just based on something like that, you're in for a rude awakening.

This forum isn't run on amnesty, so don't bother complaining about something that was your own fault (any mistake that you can fix but chose not to is thus your fault, not the forums') and trying to warrant your actions based on your post count. Yes, you're a rather seasoned member of the forum. Does that mean that you get treated any differently if you happen to slip up and double post or spam? No. That's not how NL works.

Also, don't accuse the admins/mods of "abusing their authority" when they're only doing their job. Especially when your main reasoon for saying so is because they won't grant you leniency that you think you deserve.

Next time think about what you're complaining about and at least come up with a respectable argument against whatever wrong's been done to you. It'll save you the embarrassment.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
G
S-Ranked Negro

Thanked 1,261 Times in 458 Posts
G has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond reputeG has a reputation beyond repute

Internet, serious business.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

It's only a warning, you got off easy, chillaxe.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #9
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
JP--Stop whining, for one. For two -- even if it was the forum's fault, you should have realized that you had double-posted (glitch or no) and erased one of the posts to avoid a warning. But you didn't, and thus it is partially your fault anyways.

Secondly, your post count or your join date don't matter. Regardless of either of them, you can still make mistakes. I recently recieved an infraction for double-posting, and I've been here longer and posted more than you, so obviously, that kind of thing has nothing to do with the warning/infraction system, and that's the way it should be. If you're expecting favors or pardons around here just based on something like that, you're in for a rude awakening.

This forum isn't run on amnesty, so don't bother complaining about something that was your own fault (any mistake that you can fix but chose not to is thus your fault, not the forums') and trying to warrant your actions based on your post count. Yes, you're a rather seasoned member of the forum. Does that mean that you get treated any differently if you happen to slip up and double post or spam? No. That's not how NL works.

Also, don't accuse the admins/mods of "abusing their authority" when they're only doing their job. Especially when your main reasoon for saying so is because they won't grant you leniency that you think you deserve.

Next time think about what you're complaining about and at least come up with a respectable argument against whatever wrong's been done to you. It'll save you the embarrassment.
I want to avoid sayin things from what you said so heres my question to JP.

1. You double posted, and yet you saw it and left it be?
2. What do you think was gonna happen by having a double post? "Oh, I've been on the forums for a couple months and have a high amount of posts, so the mods wont fuck with me if I double posted."
3. Why make a thread about it since it was your fault that you didnt delete your post? Too lazy to click the delete button?

You read the rules, you double post, you get infraction...it did NOT say anything about older members getting special treatment on double posting...all members are treated the same, no matter how old or having a high amount of posts.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Old 06-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
Miburo

Er, when he's saying "I've been here awhile" he's not asking for special treatment. He's trying to show that he knows not to double post, or that he's not dumb enough to make two posts in a row. Likely in an attempt to show that it was a forum error.

Not that I agree (Or care) one way or another. Just noticed a misunderstanding and wanted to help the guy out. Fight teh powar!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Er, when he's saying "I've been here awhile" he's not asking for special treatment. He's trying to show that he knows not to double post, or that he's not dumb enough to make two posts in a row. Likely in an attempt to show that it was a forum error.
Truth, but the context in which he says it makes it seem as though he's saying, "I've been here for a while, so I obviously wouldn't do it on purpose, why give me a warning?" That's the way I took it, anyway. I may have been mistaken, and if that's the case I apologize, but that's just the way it seemed to me, and thus I reacted/posted accordingly.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #12
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
Truth, but the context in which he says it makes it seem as though he's saying, "I've been here for a while, so I obviously wouldn't do it on purpose, why give me a warning?" That's the way I took it, anyway. I may have been mistaken, and if that's the case I apologize, but that's just the way it seemed to me, and thus I reacted/posted accordingly.
You sound like a staff member in the making.

All this over a double post. =\

JP, you're not actually still upset about the warning are you? The rules are enforced here regularly, and very well.

Edit: JP, you didn't even bother deleting the second post. You just edited the second one and added more content to it while leaving the first post untouched. o_O

Last edited by MikeyM1979; 06-29-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #13
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyM1979
You sound like a staff member in the making.
Thanks, I think.

Quote:
All this over a double post. =\

JP, you're not actually still upset about the warning are you? The rules are enforced here regularly, and very well.

Edit: JP, you didn't even bother deleting the second post. You just edited the second one and added more content to it while leaving the first post untouched. o_O
This wouldn't happen (meaning these kind of threads in particular) if people would be mature enough to accept their "punishment" when it's due (though I really wouldn't call it that). Also, reading the rules is a nice idea.

But to your edit, perhaps he had been editing the first post to address what he'd said in the second post and received the warning before he got a chance to finish the job (i.e., delete the second post). But that's giving him the benefit of the doubt, and that sorta thing doesn't work into the whole infraction/warning deal.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #14
goku100
I own j00!

goku100 will become famous soon enoughgoku100 will become famous soon enough

Who cares...either PM a Mod saying there was a lag in forums and it accidently created two posts, delete it yourself or let it be and get a warning/infraction...your choice.

Anymore questions, PM me
Old 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #15
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

i need to say this <.<

first post is NOT the same as your second one...look at it again there is additional text in the second one...therefore you would have seen BOTH of them at the same time at some point

also it is always a good idea to check your posts...for mistakes like this or any spelling/grammar errors you want to fix in addition to anything you may have left out [like in that second post where you ADDED text].....

and ditto to what goku said