Science or God? - Page 10 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: Science, God or Something else?
Science 7 23.33%
God 17 56.67%
My own idea 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 11:35 PM   #136
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
Err.. with evolution, we will learn that animals and other organisms can protect themselves by themselves, and we will be able to control many other objects. Plus, if we find out what made us, then we can make life on other lifeless planets, taking into account all of the weather condition and such.

Plus Evolution is needed for anatomy (sp?) and dissecting animals. If they were not similar, we would have a harder time finding out about these creatures.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:54 PM   #137
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
... yeah, but what does the big bang have anything to do with that? I don't really believe any theories. The big bang seems the most sensible to me, so I embrace that one for now, but who knows? Also, why would we need to go to other planets? Answer: we're destroying our current one. If we spend more time thinking of ways to save our current planet, we won't need to worry about moving to a new one.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 AM   #138
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road

We could make life on other planets. Do you know how great that would be?

And big bang can tell how everything got us here. You said there wasn't anything that said that.

We are going to destroy ourselves... then Nature will come back and take over again. Provided there is something to take over of course.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #139
swinburne188
Genin

swinburne188 is an unknown quantity at this point
here's one information about theory that i found from google:
"A theory is NEVER a fact, but instead is an attempt to explain one or more facts."
http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/...ookglossT.html
why can't creationism be called theory, it attempts to explain why we are here, but it can never be a fact until proven. and the fact that we arguing "where we come from" is because someone made a thread about this.

we are trying to go to other planets, that's why they build space station and exploration to mars and other planets. currently, the technology is not there yet for us to live on other planet.

Last edited by swinburne188; 06-01-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #140
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
A theory is based on observation, though. Creationism isn't an observation, really. And when you think about it, neither is the big bang. It's such a confusing topic... and it's getting off topic as well.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:48 PM   #141
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
well niether side has an extreemly strong argument, like you weren't there so you don't know what happened, we don't know if there was really a mass extinction, or if it was a world wide flood, cause we didn't see it.
evolution is not based on observations, it's based on faith. it's true, oh and i'm bringing my debate about evolution over here, cause, as some one mentioned the religion and god debate was not the right one for this arguement. I'll probably start running off examples and such, but i need someone to rebutle first, unless we're gonna have another screwed up debate without proper procedure... oh well.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #142
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

I really do not know how you people can be this ignorant.

Ok, there has been observation of species turning into another. Scientists have isolated a main population of a certain bird that was seperated into the Himalayas. Now the main population cannot breed with the isolated one. That is evolution at work.

Creationism cannot be a theory because you have to believe something that cannot be proven. Big bang can be proven because there is so much mathematics involved behind it. Of course its not absolute fact because it has not gotten rid of all the kinks. Therefore, Big Bang has a lot of support behind it (Mathematics has found many, many things before we actually found them, like Black Holes). The only thing that supports creationism right now is.... well nothing.

Unless you count the Bible. But not many people count that as an accurate historical document.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #143
swinburne188
Genin

swinburne188 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think, theory is also a believe. if a theory is fully proven, then it's a fact, not a theory anymore. if people don't believe in certain theory then there's no point of arguing about it. until something is fully proven, then it's only a theory or assumptions or believes.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #144
Typhoon
Jounin

Typhoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe in science and evolution over god and creation. As many of you said, science and the theory of evolution can be proven. It's basically an educated guess and it's a prediction came from evidence and reasoning. God and creation has no evidence and actual support. It's more like a story attempted to explain the unknown (kinda like a myth).

Proud and loyal Co-owner of the Konoha 5 FC
Old 06-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #145
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinburne188
i think, theory is also a believe. if a theory is fully proven, then it's a fact, not a theory anymore. if people don't believe in certain theory then there's no point of arguing about it. until something is fully proven, then it's only a theory or assumptions or believes.
No, Theory has a lot of evidence behind it, just not enough to make it a fact. That is why you hear the word "Theory" more often than "Law." "Law" is a theory that has not been defeated by opposition for a long time. (This is what you call fact)
Old 06-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #146
Aburame Jumshaid
Academy Student

Aburame Jumshaid is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe a bit of both...
Old 06-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #147
Majin Gaara
Genin

Majin Gaara is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh boy...

Well I think that god created everything because something couldent just blowup and everything is just suddenly here( Big bang Theory)
They say that the earth was created by a bunch of gasses and atmosphere, well I really dont beleive that because there is absoulty no way something so unexplained can create bsomething so complexed. Same with evolution! If their was evolution than we(refering to the human race) would have already evolved into something more. Same with all other animals. And their is no way life could have existed more than 20,00 years ago on this planet because the magnetic force field of the earth was so strong that nothing clould even exist here.

Oh and typhoon, It has been proven that science is just a THEORY and not a fact. But they are teaching it asd a fact with is stupid bceause it has not even been proven.

Take The quiz yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #148
maro_1
Missing-Nin

maro_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have my own gods so i say science and belief.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #149
Majin Gaara
Genin

Majin Gaara is an unknown quantity at this point
Weere and why would you worship your onw gods? lol

Take The quiz yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #150
Chibi Baka
Chuunin

Chibi Baka is an unknown quantity at this point
im more of a science person, but i still have doubts sometimes dunno why though, but yeah science

Curiousity killed the cat.
Closed Thread