Science or God? - Page 11 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: Science, God or Something else?
Science 7 23.33%
God 17 56.67%
My own idea 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #151
Typhoon
Jounin

Typhoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Gaara
Oh boy...

Well I think that god created everything because something couldent just blowup and everything is just suddenly here( Big bang Theory)
They say that the earth was created by a bunch of gasses and atmosphere, well I really dont beleive that because there is absoulty no way something so unexplained can create bsomething so complexed. Same with evolution! If their was evolution than we(refering to the human race) would have already evolved into something more. Same with all other animals. And their is no way life could have existed more than 20,00 years ago on this planet because the magnetic force field of the earth was so strong that nothing clould even exist here.

Oh and typhoon, It has been proven that science is just a THEORY and not a fact. But they are teaching it asd a fact with is stupid bceause it has not even been proven.
I never said science was a fact. I said it was a scientific guess/prediction. There's educated reasons behind the theories, and it's not just made up and thought of out of no where.

And humans have basically evolved over the years. Humans in Eastern Asia have less hair on their body as Europeans. Also, our brains and body structure have changed over the years compared to our ancestors in early civillization.

Proud and loyal Co-owner of the Konoha 5 FC

Old 06-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #152
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
Err... sorry to disappoint you Majin Gaara, but Religion is less of a fact then science.

flareofdragon.deviantart.com
Old 06-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #153
Majin Gaara
Genin

Majin Gaara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon
I never said science was a fact. I said it was a scientific guess/prediction. There's educated reasons behind the theories, and it's not just made up and thought of out of no where.

And humans have basically evolved over the years. Humans in Eastern Asia have less hair on their body as Europeans. Also, our brains and body structure have changed over the years compared to our ancestors in early civillization.
Yes but what about the animals? We would have already had different types of animals already. If evolution was real then we would already have a different race of humans and animals. smarter, faster, bigger, i donno but a different type of speices.

Oh and, The reason for: [Humans in Eastern Asia have less hair on their body as Europeans. Also, our brains and body structure have changed over the years compared to our ancestors in early civillization]
Its called genetics dude...

Take The quiz yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:46 PM   #154
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes but what about the animals? We would have already had different types of animals already. If evolution was real then we would already have a different race of humans and animals. smarter, faster, bigger, i donno but a different type of speices.

Oh and, The reason for: [Humans in Eastern Asia have less hair on their body as Europeans. Also, our brains and body structure have changed over the years compared to our ancestors in early civillization]
Its called genetics dude...

Wow, to be shouting out such large things, you have a very large misconception about evolution.

Evolution is not about species getting better as time goes on, it is about species changing to fit the needs of the environment. This doesn't mean the latter animal is any better than the first, it just means that in the new environment, the latter species will survive better.

Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #155
Majin Gaara
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareofdragon
Err... sorry to disappoint you Majin Gaara, but Religion is less of a fact then science.
Hohoho! Now that is funny! Lmao!

Actually people like to call it Religion because people take a beleif and split it up into their own little ways and beleifs but anyways God is not a releigon, christianity is.
There is more proof of god and more scientists are figuring out everyday that evolution is wrong. Scientists still state and use these theories because they dont want to admit anyting with god in it because of religious reasons and dont want to offend anybody.

Take The quiz yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #156
hyuuga#8
Genin

hyuuga#8 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have plenty of my own theories, but i'd rather live life than worry about how we were created.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #157
Majin Gaara
Genin

Quote:

Wow, to be shouting out such large things, you have a very large misconception about evolution.

Evolution is not about species getting better as time goes on, it is about species changing to fit the needs of the environment. This doesn't mean the latter animal is any better than the first, it just means that in the new environment, the latter species will survive better.
yes i know, I dont why i typed in bigger, faster and better lol
Evolution is supposed to be so that the species can adabt to the specific enviroment so it can survive better.But as i stated animals should alreayd be evolved some bit. Even if its a slightest genetic change.

Take The quiz yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #158
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

They have. Did you see that post about the birds?

Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #159
Majin Gaara
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuuga#8
i have plenty of my own theories, but i'd rather live life than worry about how we were created.
Were just debating and expressing each of our opinions on the birth of existance.

Take The quiz yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #160
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Hohoho! Now that is funny! Lmao!

Actually people like to call it Religion because people take a beleif and split it up into their own little ways and beleifs but anyways God is not a releigon, christianity is.
There is more proof of god and more scientists are figuring out everyday that evolution is wrong. Scientists still state and use these theories because they dont want to admit anyting with god in it because of religious reasons and dont want to offend anybody.
It's funny when people argue. They reveal their most ignorant side.

Alright, lets look at your creationism thinger. I have studied it, and I have heard both sides of the argument without any prejudice. When I listened to an Evangelist (Ken Ham, forgot his name, but he is a very well known Evangelist), he took down the 7 day = 6 billion years theory. Then he used light years as facts of god existing. Now my question would be, if he believes in light's speed, how can he believe in 7 day creation? The light of the stars does not have enough time to reach us.

Now I don't know what you have heard about scientists, but 1/3 of them are christian. They do not fight religion, they are just trying to make sense of the world in their own way. Religion might as well be proven by science later, but right now they are different things, they do not clash, so stop making them.

Also, you have a misconception about scientists. If there is one way they can prove another guy wrong, they will use it. It is not like a big community thing.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:11 PM   #161
Majin Gaara
Genin

Quote:
It's funny when people argue. They reveal their most ignorant side.

Alright, lets look at your creationism thinger. I have studied it, and I have heard both sides of the argument without any prejudice. When I listened to an Evangelist (Ken Ham, forgot his name, but he is a very well known Evangelist), he took down the 7 day = 6 billion years theory. Then he used light years as facts of god existing. Now my question would be, if he believes in light's speed, how can he believe in 7 day creation? The light of the stars does not have enough time to reach us.

Now I don't know what you have heard about scientists, but 1/3 of them are christian. They do not fight religion, they are just trying to make sense of the world in their own way. Religion might as well be proven by science later, but right now they are different things, they do not clash, so stop making them.

Also, you have a misconception about scientists. If there is one way they can prove another guy wrong, they will use it. It is not like a big community thing.
First of all, Were not arguing, were debating which is more of a friendlier word for arguing

Second, I like your opinions and i respect them But you beleive what you beleive becuase of your knowledge and studies and what and how you have grown up in life.

I beleive what i beleive becuase of the same reason.

Take The quiz yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #162
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
First off: No concrete proof of god. It's all faith. God is there to explain that which cannot be explained.
Second: Science has SOLID EVIDENCE. Careful observations were what led Darwin to his theories. It makes sense, really. The vestigal organs are a great supporting factor. Ex. the appendix is a useless organ that was once used for digesting tough plant material in ancient species. Also, common bone structures lead to the evidence of common ancestry. There is no right and wrong at this point, but I believe that science is more right than religion.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #163
Typhoon
Jounin

Majin Gaara, you talked about genetics before. And evolution is basically genetic mutation over a long period of time. If an Eastern Asian is placed in Europe, his/her family will eventually change to become more like a European. For example, the Asian family would start to have more hair on their body and their skin would be much paler than normal Asians in Asia over the generations. Genetics can change depending on the conditions, so why isn't it possible for animals' genetics to mutate a lot over long periods of time to finally become another species. Humans are also animals, we're just the most intelligent species.

And I don't believe in Earth and all living things being created by a god. I mean, has anyone seen god? No offense, I think religion are good moral practices, but I just find it a bit strange that the world is just suddenly created. I mean why would god do that anyway? Diseases can mutate and evolve into advancer organisms, so why can't animals be the same. There are also a lot of Christian Scientists too, which accept both theories. There's no major conflict between religion and science. But most of the Creationists just wants to try and prove Evolution wrong. They kinda wanna prove that god exists, but evolution was a theory generated from actual reasoning. A lot of actual studies and research led to this theory.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #164
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

<_<

Alright debating. But you should know that the genetic mutations are facts. It happens everyday.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #165
Typhoon
Jounin

Quote:
<_<

Alright debating. But you should know that the genetic mutations are facts. It happens everyday.
Yeah I know that. Genetics are scientific facts, and evolution is a scientific theory based on facts and not religious beliefs. It's a theory attempted to explain the unknown using science. Scientific theories like that have a high reliability rate, since for most of the time it's the closest to the truth. For example, a lot of history have been explained and proven correct by science, while history proven by religion and gods have often been proven wrong.

Closed Thread