Science or God? - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: Science, God or Something else?
Science 7 23.33%
God 17 56.67%
My own idea 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #16
LightDreamer
Jounin

LightDreamer is on a distinguished road
*cough* *flips open thesaurus because there's no way in hell 'Blind Faith' together would be in the dictionary, o.o or at least no dictionary I've ever seen o.o;;*

rash belief...etc.

*cough* eh, I wasn't going against you or anything...it's not a definition sort of thing...it's just...a saying...-_-; I just said that cause well ur like faith >.< and stuff

You know...It's called Faith for a reason...they say 'Blind Faith' for a reason <.< bleh XP I was teh just saying >.< with the whole character minimum ting <.< blaaah dis is so not my department o.o because I know very little of the different religions o.o

-pokes- are u mad at me? o.o

--
If you gave me the letters hrt you could give me [ea] to get h[ea]rt or [u] to get h[u]rt, but I'd rather have hurt than a heart without [u]
- GOD I love that. You could give me a hundred thousand million years and I wouldn't have thought of that.

--
All this time I've spent trying to change into someone you would love, I didn't notice you changed into someone I can't love anymore. Goodbye My King .

---

The adulation of strangers.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 PM   #17
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=blind%20faith

I rarely understand what you're trying to say.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 03-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #18
coconaught
Genin

coconaught is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to go with science here, because I am not really that religious. For one many of the stories in the bible have been proven to be false or impossible. And here are a couple questions to ask yourself: If "god" made the earth, why, for most of it's existence, was there no life? And if "god" created the earth, than who created god, how did he come to be if something can't come from nothing. There is no way to prove any of this.

Science, on the other hand, can be proven, and has been proven, over and over again, for a hundred years or more. Scientists main theory is that when the earth began there was no atmosphere and the earth was pelted with hundreds of meteors, but one of the meteors held some protazoa that thrived off the atmosphere and created oxygen from their waste. The oxygen then formed an atmosphere over hundreds of years. With an atmosphere the lava began to harden and rain started to fall. from the rain came rivers and oceans. with less land the protazoa had to cope and evolved into early forms of algae. Other plants started to grow and the algae evolved into the first early sea animals. And thus the chain of life on a once desilate planet began.

And with your explanation of something cannot be made from nothing, that disproves having a "god". What in your definition is "god"? a spirit, an almighty being? If you believe he's a spirit then I have something to tell you. Spirits are a form of energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed. If that's the case then where exactly did the energy come from to change into this spirit? With your explanation there is no way that ANYTHING could exist because everything had to come from nothing or there would be nothing now. "god" would be no exception to your explantion.

1.14.20.9 - 1.14.20.9 - 1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2 >.>

due to someone screwing over the sig length no one is allowed on my list anymore unless I say so...

Cool People:

Swt, 6n6, angelwings, shnannerz, khari, Kites *sakura*, lily, oakygirl, Lorene, ImpulseSeed, DSM, lilxvietxgurlx, Goku 100,

I, DSM, was here...

the end =D
Old 03-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #19
LightDreamer
Jounin

LightDreamer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztec
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=blind%20faith

I rarely understand what you're trying to say.
hai hai -.-; I'm wrong, ur right, the world goes round, and I'm sorry that I decided so quickly that people 'ot to know what I chose =/

and I'll take that as a compliment! I didn't even know u were listening o.o; or in this case reading, what I have to say.

--
If you gave me the letters hrt you could give me [ea] to get h[ea]rt or [u] to get h[u]rt, but I'd rather have hurt than a heart without [u]
- GOD I love that. You could give me a hundred thousand million years and I wouldn't have thought of that.

--
All this time I've spent trying to change into someone you would love, I didn't notice you changed into someone I can't love anymore. Goodbye My King .

---

The adulation of strangers.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:58 AM   #20
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Kagami Kyoji is an unknown quantity at this point
I sooo don't want to get into religion because I tend to get cranky and more evil then you can possible imagine defending my point! Sooo I will only say...

GOD Pwns!

Don't bother asking me anything about this because I will not be happy, just had to get my feelings across thats all!

"To remove liberty from will is to remove morality from one's acts"

Old 03-13-2005, 02:03 AM   #21
toma24135
Chuunin

toma24135 is an unknown quantity at this point
well I suppose that god could both pwns and not exist so I think I agree with you.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #22
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
God is the only way to Heaven not Science.

- Heraclitus
Old 03-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #23
toma24135
Chuunin

That is your opinion. And most people would disagree with your views either because they are of a differnet religion, or do noy believe in religion
Old 03-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #24
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Quote:
God is the only way to Heaven not Science.
Prove Heaven exists and I'll admit you're right.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
Old 03-13-2005, 10:44 PM   #25
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconaught
I have to go with science here, because I am not really that religious. For one many of the stories in the bible have been proven to be false or impossible. And here are a couple questions to ask yourself: If "god" made the earth, why, for most of it's existence, was there no life? And if "god" created the earth, than who created god, how did he come to be if something can't come from nothing. There is no way to prove any of this.

Science, on the other hand, can be proven, and has been proven, over and over again, for a hundred years or more. Scientists main theory is that when the earth began there was no atmosphere and the earth was pelted with hundreds of meteors, but one of the meteors held some protazoa that thrived off the atmosphere and created oxygen from their waste. The oxygen then formed an atmosphere over hundreds of years. With an atmosphere the lava began to harden and rain started to fall. from the rain came rivers and oceans. with less land the protazoa had to cope and evolved into early forms of algae. Other plants started to grow and the algae evolved into the first early sea animals. And thus the chain of life on a once desilate planet began.

And with your explanation of something cannot be made from nothing, that disproves having a "god". What in your definition is "god"? a spirit, an almighty being? If you believe he's a spirit then I have something to tell you. Spirits are a form of energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed. If that's the case then where exactly did the energy come from to change into this spirit? With your explanation there is no way that ANYTHING could exist because everything had to come from nothing or there would be nothing now. "god" would be no exception to your explantion.
Why do people always assume that its either the bible or god doesnt exist? There are other religions besides christianity.

I'm going with God.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:13 AM   #26
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Not being able to prove something is NOT a valid argument against something...can you prove that you are not dreaming right now? NO! Can you prove that other people have mind's? NO! Do you still BELIEVE? YES!

*Cough* I said I was not jumpin in but it seemed that I need to post one peice of valauble evidence that supports the lossing side rather that these moronic people chanting so fickle to everyoen else's point of view! Alright this is the last post...promise!

Old 03-14-2005, 12:24 AM   #27
toma24135
Chuunin

Quote:
Why do people always assume that its either the bible or god doesnt exist? There are other religions besides christianity.
There are, but I don't see anything more believable in any of those. If you want to mention something from them I will be happy to listen, although I know far less about other most other religions.

Quote:
can you prove that you are not dreaming right now? NO! Can you prove that other people have mind's?
those are interesting questions that many people have pondered, although like religion they are theory.

Here is the way I answer this question, even if I am in a dream world, or part of someones dream, well I can't proove that, although I do know that in this dream world there are laws and science discovers them. I guess what I am trying to say is that even if we were in a dream world the facts that science has discovered would still be correct, because in this dream world in which we are existing they are correct. Although stuff like religion is still theory, and will always be theory.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:35 AM   #28
ddt705
Chuunin

ddt705 is an unknown quantity at this point
i shouldnt have voted in the first place. dam i gota think before doing it.
im ethiast.

1. no one can force you to believe in something, which happened to me
2. you choose to believe things. that means you make the choices, not other people.
3. if you are religious, you know that you can only believe in one god(s) and not any other (heard this from someone else).
4. if you are ethiast or religious, please respect other religions. cuz it shows bad manners, disrespect, and no trust to others.

i hate her...yet...i still miss her...
Old 03-14-2005, 12:52 AM   #29
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toma24135
Here is the way I answer this question, even if I am in a dream world, or part of someones dream, well I can't proove that, although I do know that in this dream world there are laws and science discovers them. I guess what I am trying to say is that even if we were in a dream world the facts that science has discovered would still be correct, because in this dream world in which we are existing they are correct. Although stuff like religion is still theory, and will always be theory.
Alright...then a curve ball...hehe...I am so giddy!

What if you were a brain-in-a-vat which Descarte thought feasable and having your nerves etc into nutirents and fluid and all that good stuff...

And say that a super computer was controlling your thoughts...the computer sent an impulse to a neuron that made you THINK that you were jumping up and down in a flower bed...yet not being able to fly into the sky! Science is there...or so you think...what if the computer sent a signal that made you fly or made you actually beleive that you were capable of flying and you did! The computer suplied the images into your nerves as you fed off its signals. Where is your science now?

The fact is that we cannot prove what is beyond us and we can PROVE little to nothing...we can only speculate and guess...which science is the same way...it was a scientific fact that people could not sail across the ocean for fear of falling off...wrong...science is an EVER-CHAINGING substance that continually proves itself right/wrong whatever...something that chnages so frequent...how can you be so sure of its use? Sure we cannot fly now...but what if? I once nagged on DA for being too anylitical over things that would NEVER happen but...in this case...it fits the bill.

Since science is changing is it not early enough to say that we cannot prove some things we hold true wrong one day? BOTH science and God are things in which we BELIEVE...only to a different degree to which we adhere to them makes the difference, yet all the same UN-PROVEN BEYOND ANY SPECULATION...since you cannot prove the future you cannot say that something CANNOT change...

A very nice answer but one riddled with traps!

Alright...I am done...hopefully...

Old 03-14-2005, 02:36 AM   #30
toma24135
Chuunin

first of all, even if you example is true, the science still works for that situation so it is really no different than mine.

Also you criticize science for not knowing everyhthing, asking why one shold "believe" something that admits it does not know everything. When someone says that they believe in science they are not saying that they believe that everything science currently says is true, period. And no matter what we find later we will still believe the old facts. When one says they believe in science they are saying that they are using logic to analize a situation to find out what is true. For example, I believe E=mc^2 because there is proof that it is true. If someone somehow was able to disproove it, then I would no longer believe it to be true. So it really isn't the same thing.

think of it this way, say there is a room. A religious person will just tell you what color the room is because that isthe color they believe it to be. A scientist will say they don't know until they go and look at the room. Then they will tell you, and until you could proove that the room is a different color they will accept the color of the room as what the evidence points towards
Closed Thread