Science or God? - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: Science, God or Something else?
Science 7 23.33%
God 17 56.67%
My own idea 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #61
kenokuvato
Jounin

kenokuvato is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Hmm. . .

Maybe for all of the other things that we do with two hands, like typing, and holding books, and putting on clothes. Maybe because he wanted to, but not for "personal fornication."

Old 04-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #62
toma24135
Chuunin

toma24135 is an unknown quantity at this point
well, you gotta admit, there are alot of times when one of your hands isn't doing anything.

Although in all seriousness, I don't see why something such as that should be a sin. No one is harmed by it. If god didn't want people to do such a thing then why did he basically program people to do such things?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:38 AM   #63
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
This is kind of a "gray-area" in Christianity. A lot of people believe it is a sin, but some Christians view it as they do gambling, that being: It's ok as long as you don't get addicted to it. Addiction to anything is the main reason God may not want us to do alot of things (just as most of His "restrictive" laws are actually put in place to protect us). Also, we are told to be pure, that includes our minds, and I think it would be uncommon to pleasure oneself without thinking "inappropriate" thoughts. My personal view of masturbation? Once in a while is fine because, as you pointed out, we are sexual beings, just as God designed us, but we must strive for purity in order to honour God.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #64
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
I stick with a mixture of both... sort of like God created science. Think about it - Science is immensely complex, and who else could have created something like that? The concept of the atom, the molecule, etc., who else could create such a complex system? I think that God started everything with these things in mind, and just let them go out on their own. And besides, without science, what would half of us be doing with our lives? No research, pharmacology, etc.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:32 PM   #65
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
I'm beginning to realize the flaw in this thread: I should have made it: "Evolution or God?", and not just "Science or God?", people seem to be confused, and I have nothing against science in general. So if anyone reads this before posting, keep that in mind.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:38 PM   #66
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh. Ok. I personally believe in both. I would say that god is like an overseer. He prevents things from going awry. I don't believe in saying that humans are better than other living creatures. We got here the same way that other organisms did. After all, we may be gifted with speach and thumbs, but we also start wars and have a tendency to be violent unlike a lot of animals. I think that all species are created naturally by evolution, and God just sets a balance between them. Humans are equal to animals because unlike animals, humans can be evil and corrupted.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #67
Mal
Scotch

True we got here the same way other animals did, we were all created by God. I believe that animals adapt to they're surroundings, just that they are pretty much the same today as they were when God created them, and maybe a few more species came into existance from cross breeding and such. Also, how can you say that "we also start wars and have a tendancy to be violent unlike a lot of animals."? Animals fight all the time, and for the same reasons people do: territory, power, "righes" (food). If animals had guns, they'd use them. If they had nukes, they'd use them. The only reason you think humans are worse is because we have the intelligence and means to create such weapons. The same goes for how corrupt we are, we are smart enough to blackmail and get leverage on people to use it against them and gain power.

Anyways, the bottom line is the only difference between us and the animals is this: intelligence and emotion. We can be compassionate, or we can be hateful. We have the choice.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:19 PM   #68
k-strife
Genin

k-strife is an unknown quantity at this point
WoW I must really applaud people on both sides for such spectacular posts Very intelligent and thoughtful posts. Most other forums that revolve around this topic end up in flame wars "OMG YOU STUPID THERE IS NO GOD" and "WTF YOU'LL SEE WHEN YOU GO TO HELL".

Much respect to all your opinions.

As for me, I'm on God's side Reason being, I believe there's a much deeper meaning to this world simply that science could never explain.

"How can you believe what you can not see?? How can you see what you do not believe."

"Don't use logic to explain the illogical."
Old 04-18-2005, 12:55 PM   #69
DaRk_DaNTe
Missing-Nin

DaRk_DaNTe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-strife
WoW I must really applaud people on both sides for such spectacular posts Very intelligent and thoughtful posts. Most other forums that revolve around this topic end up in flame wars "OMG YOU STUPID THERE IS NO GOD" and "WTF YOU'LL SEE WHEN YOU GO TO HELL".

Much respect to all your opinions.

As for me, I'm on God's side Reason being, I believe there's a much deeper meaning to this world simply that science could never explain.

"How can you believe what you can not see?? How can you see what you do not believe."

"Don't use logic to explain the illogical."
Well said brother..
Old 04-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #70
Alucardhellsing
Academy Student

Alucardhellsing is an unknown quantity at this point
ok GOD gave us free will (only if u beleive in GOD i do not) so then how do u explain the mistakes people make is it GOD or is it us. if its us the wat all the good is GOD. no also my mother took a course on religion and found out some very interesting things. i wont say them unless u really want me too cause it will really make u think about ur position in live. also about creation, wat GOD sayed poof let there be people and there was i mean come on and this goes against wat m sasuke sayed in the beging about life from nothing. then we have science, were if u can feel it with ur hands then its real. FAITH is a false sense of reality. (this is only my opinon i dont want to get banned or anything) then u have the whole family thing. also if anyone of u anyone were to track ur tree down far enough ( like to the beging which i dont have the time or engery for ) u would find that we have the same ansestors. has anyone heard of the OUT OF AFRICA THEORY. yes is just a theory but it also explains about how different people can about. what is basicly says is that people evolved in the now known as africa, and moved with the herds. they moved to asia, alaska, and other places and changed with the enviroment. aslo do u believe in heaven and hell. if there is one then im going down to hell cause well..... but when ur dead ur dead u are not getting back up. apokcia my friends apokcia (dont yell at me cause i cant spell ) lack of oxygen to the brain. its wat kills us all. then ur buried and the worms eat ur. (wat were we talking about again..... ohh yea sry) there is no GOD no uper being or anything. personal i find it weak that people can live knowing that their alone in the world and no one is going to hold there hands.

(most things here are my opion they are mine and mine alone no one infused me or anyhing like that) please dont drink and drive

In the name of GOD, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnnation. Amen
Old 04-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #71
Alucardhellsing
Academy Student

Alucardhellsing is an unknown quantity at this point
i like that alot that is very creative

i applode u

In the name of GOD, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnnation. Amen
Old 04-18-2005, 02:54 PM   #72
Dizzykilla
Special Jounin

Dizzykilla is on a distinguished road
i think both have there faults and point but i really dont know
Old 04-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #73
Mal
Scotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardhellsing
ok GOD gave us free will (only if u beleive in GOD i do not) so then how do u explain the mistakes people make is it GOD or is it us. if its us the wat all the good is GOD.
We have free will, we make mistakes. God designed us to be personal beings. Without free will you cannot choose to be compassionate or loving, and that is what God wanted us to be like. He also didn't want Earth to be perfect, it is only designed as preparation for eternity and decides what we will do in Heaven (how we will serve God). "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much." ~Luke 16:10

Quote:
no also my mother took a course on religion and found out some very interesting things. i wont say them unless u really want me too cause it will really make u think about ur position in live.
Sounds interesting.

Quote:
also about creation, wat GOD sayed poof let there be people and there was
Pretty much.

Quote:
i mean come on and this goes against wat m sasuke sayed in the beging about life from nothing.
Actually, this is life from God, not from nothing.

Quote:
then we have science, were if u can feel it with ur hands then its real. FAITH is a false sense of reality. (this is only my opinon i dont want to get banned or anything) then u have the whole family thing. also if anyone of u anyone were to track ur tree down far enough ( like to the beging which i dont have the time or engery for )...
You also don't have the means. It would be impossible to track your family back that far. To most people, your understanding of faith isn't what one might call "correct". Everyone has faith in something, maybe something as simple as "My best friend won't stab me in the back, I trust them."

Quote:
...u would find that we have the same ansestors.
That is true with either theory.

Quote:
has anyone heard of the OUT OF AFRICA THEORY. yes is just a theory but it also explains about how different people can about. what is basicly says is that people evolved in the now known as africa, and moved with the herds. they moved to asia, alaska, and other places and changed with the enviroment.
Yes I have: drought in Africa causes all of the trees to die out, which forces the monkeys to leave the trees and seek food on the ground. Because they are on the ground, they need to be able to stand up and look for danger. So, after "millions" of years of this, you begin to see early humans who grow taller and straighter because Natural Selection has it's way with them. They eventually develop into Homo Erectus and onto Homo Sapien (modern humans), spread out across the continent, onto other continents, and into different climates. These different climates cause differences in skin tone, facial features and such. Original Theory: Eventually an Ice Age comes along, Beringia forms due to sinking sea levels, creating a land bridge from Siberia to Alaska. People go across that, the cold kills diseases and people dying of them (explaining why Natives have no immunity to European diseases). They meet a wall of ice, it eventually melts, and they spread across the new world (North and South America). New Theory: They used boats, the rest is the same. Personally, I beleive it went similar to that, but God created man some where around the Mesopotamian area (around modern Iraq), and they spread from there. The Tower of Babel had a big part in it too.

Quote:
aslo do u believe in heaven and hell.
Yes.

Quote:
if there is one then im going down to hell cause well..... but when ur dead ur dead u are not getting back up. apokcia my friends apokcia (dont yell at me cause i cant spell ) lack of oxygen to the brain. its wat kills us all. then ur buried and the worms eat ur. (wat were we talking about again..... ohh yea sry)
Eternity has nothing to do with our earthly bodies, so what happens to our physical beings after death is irrelevant, it's entirely spiritual. Our soul lives forever, not our body.

Quote:
there is no GOD no uper being or anything. personal i find it weak that people can live knowing that their alone in the world and no one is going to hold there hands.
Is that supposed to be can't? If so, then maybe you should re-read some of my posts, were I say I'd have no problem with having no God. God gives me purpose. With evolution, life has no meaning, no purpose; and I'd be fine with making up my own purpose, but I'm more than happy to serve God.

Quote:
(most things here are my opion they are mine and mine alone no one infused me or anyhing like that)
Same here, except I've got a little inspiration from the Holy Spirit.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:10 AM   #74
toma24135
Chuunin

toma24135 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by [url="member.php?u=935"
k-strife[/url]]WTF YOU'LL SEE WHEN YOU GO TO HELL
HAHa that is awesome, if I believed in that stuff I would definately say that.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:47 AM   #75
Mal
Scotch

Sadly, that's all that some people are actually capable of saying, due to their lack of intelligence.
Closed Thread