Science or God? - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: Science, God or Something else?
Science 7 23.33%
God 17 56.67%
My own idea 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #76
Alucardhellsing
Academy Student

Alucardhellsing is an unknown quantity at this point
ok but god is nothing but yet he is everything right. this is an oxymoron not possible.

In the name of GOD, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnnation. Amen

Old 04-21-2005, 03:19 PM   #77
k-strife
Genin

k-strife is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardhellsing
ok but god is nothing but yet he is everything right. this is an oxymoron not possible.
two words, jumbo shrimp.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #78
Alucardhellsing
Academy Student

yes jumbo shrimp is also one but that is because of mutations. god is every everywhere which means he is gas or water but yet he is nothing which means he has no mass. so which ist it, is he everything or is he nothing.

In the name of GOD, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnnation. Amen
Old 04-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #79
Bearfan34
Genin

Bearfan34 is an unknown quantity at this point
The way I see it is that there is no way that "big bang" crap could work. There is no way that are entire universe(s) could be created by accident and feature fully functional and intelligent human beings and animals. Anyways, I beleive in God.

yami_youkai - my Sunny Island Girl
Daisuke - my Pink Floyd pal
Sakatsu - my bass buddy

Getting married to Yami_Youkai, the love of my life
Old 04-21-2005, 06:15 PM   #80
Bearfan34
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-strife
As for me, I'm on God's side Reason being, I believe there's a much deeper meaning to this world simply that science could never explain.
Wow. That is one of the most intelligent (yet simple) qoutes I have ever heard. I whole-heartedly agree.

Sakatsu - my bass buddy

Old 04-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #81
Alucardhellsing
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalevolentSasuke

He also didn't want Earth to be perfect, it is only designed as preparation for eternity and decides what we will do in Heaven (how we will serve God).
ok so this is just a jugement ground for heaven or hell correct? but god forgives all right? so hell must be empty.
"He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much." ~Luke 16:10 not true i can hate someone cause they kill my family and not hate all and i can not be faithful in much but be faithful in little

Actually, this is life from God, not from nothing.
but yet god is nothing yes?

Eternity has nothing to do with our earthly bodies, so what happens to our physical beings after death is irrelevant, it's entirely spiritual. Our soul lives forever, not our body. only if u belive u have a soul. i think that u live for one time and onetime only. u sould always "live like u were diein"

we did evolve because jesus created us perfectly, well then why free will, why sins available, why war available, why all this other not so perfect stuff to lead to temptation, sins, wars, deceptions, non religions? why all of that if we were created perfectly? my friend said this

Old 04-21-2005, 06:27 PM   #82
Bearfan34
Genin

That Is a really good question. I believe it is because God is a god of compassion. mercy, and he believes that people should have the freedom to choose what they want to do as long as they are living. I think that he wants us to accept him with our own free-will. I do not exactly know why there is sin and war and all that, but maybe it teaches us something. Like how the world is evil, but you do not have to be.

Sakatsu - my bass buddy

Old 04-21-2005, 06:28 PM   #83
Bearfan34
Genin

Faith, brotha. faith.

Sakatsu - my bass buddy

Old 04-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #84
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
One question is that if god created all living things, why did he only give humans that choice? And if he favors humans, why doesn't he make all creatures in their likeness? There is variation in life that cannot always be described as the work of a single entity.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #85
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,817 Times in 3,843 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

god is every everywhere which means he is gas or water but yet he is nothing which means he has no mass. so which ist it, is he everything or is he nothing.
God isn't everything, and He most certainly isn't nothing. He is everywhere, but not in the sense you are thinking. You are looking at this in an entirely physical way, God is spiritual, not physical. He isn't even bound by time, so I don't think the laws of physics stand much of a chance against Him either (He did create both, after all). As it just so happens, alot of arguments against God are just like this one, absolutely sensless.

Quote:
we did evolve because jesus created us perfectly, well then why free will, why sins available, why war available, why all this other not so perfect stuff to lead to temptation, sins, wars, deceptions, non religions? why all of that if we were created perfectly? my friend said this
Humans may have been created perfectly according to God's design for us, but we are certainly not perfect beings. So, if we aren't perfect, but God gave us free will so that we could love and actually mean it, then doesn't that automatically leave alot of room for error? Besides, it was Satan who introduced sin to the world, not God, not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrin
One question is that if god created all living things, why did he only give humans that choice? And if he favors humans, why doesn't he make all creatures in their likeness? There is variation in life that cannot always be described as the work of a single entity.
The choice of faith? Why would animals need it? I don't quite understand what you mean by "And if he favors humans, why doesn't he make all creatures in their likeness?" Variation in life that can't be described as the work of a single entity? What variation would this be? I'd think there'd be more variation with an intelligent designer than with random mutation and natural selection.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:11 AM   #86
Glaiza_mei
Special Jounin

Glaiza_mei is on a distinguished road
Amen...^^"

Let me be with you gaara-kun...*hugs*

.:Tomodachis:.
uzu-niichan.blizg.ia nel.mai.goku.ss18.kurai.kitty.toshi.
otc.hokge.azumi.kyoko.wolf.lynn.yami.og. 6n6.lapinky.as.xao.k1300
dosu.nataku.makoto.trevor.jax.sg.ken.bgb .blaze.

Old 04-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #87
toma24135
Chuunin

toma24135 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan34
The way I see it is that there is no way that "big bang" crap could work. There is no way that are entire universe(s) could be created by accident and feature fully functional and intelligent human beings and animals. Anyways, I beleive in God.
That is a theory, no one said that the big bang is truth, and if someone did tell you that the big bang is definately true then they don't know what they are talking about. Although if you accept that fact that you can't understand how god can do these things, then how can you use the fact that you can't understand how the universe could have been created thru the big bang as a reason for not believing it?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:29 PM   #88
ShadowKusatsu
Genin

ShadowKusatsu is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll believe 100% in science when it has all the answers. Which will be probably never, after all, for all the technological advancement we've made, simple things in nature like how the bee is able to fly is unable to be explained.

I'm not really a religious person though either. I have my own set of beliefs that I hold, and in my life experience organised religion has shown itself to be a bad thing.

----------------------------

----------------------------

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:57 PM   #89
toma24135
Chuunin

toma24135 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
simple things in nature like how the bee is able to fly is unable to be explained
Actually we figured that out, I saw a show on it. It has to do with the way the bee flaps it's wings, they tilt on the way up.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:17 PM   #90
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Genetic mutations aren't random occurences. Evolution has to do with the idea that creatures with helpful natural variations survive better than those without them, and they pass the traits on to their offspring. Over millions of years and many environment changes, evolution makes a lot of sense. Each animal is highly adapted to its particular environment. It's why creatures from different sides of the world that have similar environments are similar. Also, there are so many small differences between many species. It's hard to imagine why God would create so many small variations when the common ancestor that sprouted them survived in its environment in the first place. If there is geology, there is most likely evolution. If physics exist, then even God would have to enact some form of evolution to ensure the survival of living creatures.
Closed Thread