Science or God? - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

View Poll Results: Science, God or Something else?
Science 7 23.33%
God 17 56.67%
My own idea 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #106
kakashi_00x000
Chuunin

kakashi_00x000 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think there are aliens, because God would have had to make them too, and it doesn't say anything about aliens in the Bible.

-History is like an Endless Waltz in three-four time. The Never-Ending steps of War, Peace and Revolution.
-\/\/HY (4n't w3 f33l wh4t 1t t4k35 f02 u5 t0 83 234l-why d0 w3 54y 4ll 0f th353 th1ng5 th4t 821ng u5 d0wn

Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 PM   #107
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinburne188
just wondering about allien from another planet or galaxy? did god create them too?
I highly doubt that aliens exist, I have seen evidence and videos of UFOs, but UFOs are nothing more than Unidentified Flying Objects. UFOs are not in the least any proof of alien existance, and since UFOs are all that I've seen, I tend not to believe in aliens.

Quote:
here's the problem with evolution. it took many years, sometimes million of years to evolve and no human live that long to be able to document the changes, so the scientists can only make prediction through sketches.
If the sketches are going to be even the LEAST bit reasonable, they need to be based on something, which is usually fossils. So the validity and age of fossils comes into play in this aspect.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:17 AM   #108
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
True, but fossils don't have to be proof of evolution. I think they are, but they could be seen as simply being old, dead things that God supposedly wiped out from the face of the earth. Common ancestry is a theory, but the existence of extinct creatures is a fact. You can't insult fossils... what did they ever do to you?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:57 AM   #109
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about
God and Science, i call it Gience .. but siriously, i believe that not all can be achieved by blindly following, the idea of religion is to strive for the truth, but on the other hand, not everything can be achieved with mans power, we need both to work towards synonymous harmony, thats the only way. not to solely rely on the pwr of the supernatural, but at the same time, not to be arrogant enough to belive everything is acheivable by human pwr
Old 05-25-2005, 05:22 AM   #110
mizu_tenshi
Genin

mizu_tenshi is an unknown quantity at this point
i think that when God created things... he created science too.... cuz after the created human.. human got curious about themselves and how their body function and their surrounding... so as they try to find the answer... they called it science...
aliens should have came from human's curiosity after they discovered other planets too... they would wonder if there is life on the other planets too... so they would start thinking that the life form from other planets could be in different shape and sizes as humans... i personally doubt that aliens exist...

[yami_youkai]-cute personality
[Ronen]-Friendly guy
[Ero_Ni_Sama]-a real cool dude
[Hinote_Dante]-long time friends-

I will turn into an angel.. spread out my wings and protect you wherever you are..
Old 05-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #111
swinburne188
Genin

swinburne188 is an unknown quantity at this point
have people ever thought of life after earth, someday the earth would die and become a death planet. where would we live? we need science to make spaceship and the technologies to support us beyond earth.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #112
Khari
Gyokunyo

Khari is infamous around these partsKhari is infamous around these parts
They both play an equal role too me.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:05 AM   #113
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
have people ever thought of life after earth, someday the earth would die and become a death planet. where would we live? we need science to make spaceship and the technologies to support us beyond earth.
Had you read previous posts, there is nothing wrong with science. I enjoy science, in fact. The discussion is about what you believe in when it comes to the existance of life. Everyone knows the Earth will one day be uninhabitable, I just highly doubt we'll be around to see it.

I'll reply to more posts at a later date when I'm less tired.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:16 AM   #114
xXGaaraXx
Demon Days

xXGaaraXx is an unknown quantity at this point
i'll believe in both until one proves the other wrng......

Old 05-26-2005, 01:42 AM   #115
swinburne188
Genin

swinburne188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalevolentSasuke
Had you read previous posts, there is nothing wrong with science. I enjoy science, in fact. The discussion is about what you believe in when it comes to the existance of life...
i read the first post and the question is "do you believe in/trust/whatever?" it doesn't say "do you believe in science or god when it comes to the existance of life?". i'm sorry if i ever deviate from the first post. i'm just saying that i believe in science more than anything else.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #116
Mal
Scotch

True, that was the original post, so I'll go back and specify what the argument has come to.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #117
skaffa
Genin

skaffa is an unknown quantity at this point
This is so eazy. Suppose god made everything right? He/She sure "invented" science as well. It doesnt matter were you believe in. The bottemline is:

Who or What created the first particle...

That is the one question we will never ever find an answer for...

It doesnt matter if you believe or not in evolution or god or what ever.. We might as well been created by a retarded little kid who thought he got some sea-monkey for his Birthday... You would never now...

Even than the same question applies...

. . . PAX . . .
Old 05-28-2005, 02:31 AM   #118
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Not necessarily... sure, something created the first particle... but did it create masses of particles and organisms, or did the particles create things on their own? It's a subject with many shades of gray, not just black and white.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:54 AM   #119
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
but we're not disgussing the first particle we're discussing whether we believe in science, God, budda, Ra or other. My personal belief is in God, and that God created every thing including science.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:35 PM   #120
Mal
Scotch

Would everyone stop viewing science as being "created" by God? Sure, it's true, but Science is an abstract noun, it's not an actual object we can see. The question isn't if God created science or the lack of Science created God, it's which theory is correct: Creation by God, or evolution by advantageous mutation?
Closed Thread