Harry Potter 5 - Page 4 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Old 07-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #46
Tookaipai
Azalea Jacques

Tookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to all
Re: Harry Potter 5

i thought that the movie was very good and that the directors did a good job at making it.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #47
Medi08
Genin

Medi08 is on a distinguished roadMedi08 is on a distinguished road

I thought the movie was so/so. Though I did wonder if the writers have actually read all of the books. They left out some important detials.

It figures that the longest book would have such a short movie.

I think that if you haven't read the books you would be so confused by now. But if anyone hasn't read the books and isn't confused - go you! Because I've read the books and still felt slightly confused walking out of the theater.

Oh, and I loved all the quiddich (sp?) they had in the movie.
Medi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #48
brandoi
bloodyazn

brandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookaipai View Post
i thought that the movie was very good and that the directors did a good job at making it.
You obviously haven't read the series. They left out oh-so-many important details. This movie wasn't that hard to film, yet they still made it horrible. Imagine the 6th and 7th(for those who have read the 7th book).
Old 07-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #49
shiki-fuujin
Chuunin

shiki-fuujin is on a distinguished road

the 7 book is awsome it would make for a great light from start to finish lots o magic a big buget film like spider man
shiki-fuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #50
4EvEr-Kazekage
Chuunin

4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice4EvEr-Kazekage is just really nice

Finally,rebellion begins...lets hope my school is like that someday lol

(\_/)
('__')
(> <)
4EvEr-Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #51
Sakura-chan♥
Genin

Sakura-chan♥ is on a distinguished road

the movie was alright even though they left out many scenes.. but they should have put the quidditch match [argh.. dunno how to spell it...]

~:Konoha Kunoichi FC:~ [owner]
~Naruto Addicts FC~[co-owner]
SasuSakuFC

SASUSAKU 4 LIFE!!
Sakura-chan♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:20 AM   #52
Mizukage Hitsugaya 10
Mizukage

Mizukage Hitsugaya 10 is on a distinguished roadMizukage Hitsugaya 10 is on a distinguished road

how the hell is it Longest book Shortest movie duel btwn Dumbledore and voldy :-)

Member of the Star Wars FC
Mizukage Hitsugaya 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:43 AM   #53
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

^Because they took a massive load of shit out...which made the movie suck even more.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #54
Lumineon
Genin

Lumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura about

Eh, I wasn't particularly thrilled with the amount of detail that they left out, but given the overwhelming size of the book, I think they included, for the most part, the major themes and ideas that needed to be included. I really enjoyed the ministry of magic scene; that was definitely the best part of the entire movie.

I would have liked to see Dumbledore use his hex, in which he basically knocks out Umbridge, Fudge, and a few other ministry members (I believe Shacklebolt) with one swish of his wand. That would have been awesome to see. I also liked the way they portrayed Sirius's death. It was a very heartfelt moment in the book and, in my opinion, it was heartfelt in the movie too. Poor Sirius. :[

this heart that beats,
it beats for whom?
Lumineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #55
brandoi
bloodyazn

brandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nicebrandoi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineon View Post
Eh, I wasn't particularly thrilled with the amount of detail that they left out, but given the overwhelming size of the book, I think they included, for the most part, the major themes and ideas that needed to be included. I really enjoyed the ministry of magic scene; that was definitely the best part of the entire movie.
Not really. I thought it was pretty choppy. The storyline didn't flow. If you didn't read the book, sometimes it seems as if you don't know why something happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineon
I would have liked to see Dumbledore use his hex, in which he basically knocks out Umbridge, Fudge, and a few other ministry members (I believe Shacklebolt) with one swish of his wand. That would have been awesome to see. I also liked the way they portrayed Sirius's death. It was a very heartfelt moment in the book and, in my opinion, it was heartfelt in the movie too. Poor Sirius. :[
Yeah Dumbledore actually doing something would be nice, because in all the other movies, he doesn't do shit. And Sirius's death? Horrendous. They made it so undramatic. In the book, they took 1 and a half chapter to describe how he died, and Harry's reactions. In the movie, there wasn't even a battle, Bellatrix just pops out of nowhere and kills Sirius. Harry starts yelling, and the moment is over.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #56
Lumineon
Genin

Lumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura about

It's very easy to say, "Well in my opinion a lot was left out," but trying to fit 900 pages into a two and a half hour movie isn't easy no matter how you look at it. I think the people who are upset over missing content are hypercritically overzealous. You honestly can't expect every minute detail to be put into the movie. Don't forget, these movies take an enormous amount of time and energy to make/produce, and if you haven't noticed the cast isn't exactly growing younger. There's a lot of pressure to get all of the filming done before Harry, Ron, and Hermione are able to try out for Dumbledore, Moody, and McGonagall respectively.

Ehh, "Dumbledore actually doing something would be nice"? I'm pretty sure the most epic scene of the movie was his duel with Voldemort. I'd hardly call that "doing nothing." Dumbledore's role increases as the books go on. Can't really expect him to be doing amazing things in any of the first four movies; even in the books he wasn't doing anything spectacular. Sirius's death wasn't horrendous. How long do you expect them to drag out his falling into a "mysterious shrouded veil"? It was a rather unexpected event in the book, and the fact that the movie was able to capture such a surprising event in the same fashion is a job well-done, in my opinion.

this heart that beats,
it beats for whom?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #57
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

The only parts they left out that in my opinion had a massive impact on people's understanding is 1) The explanation by Barty Crouch about how he helped Harry through the entire tournament and made it extremely easy for him to win. 2) Dumbledore's explanation about the fifth movie's events, he doesn't give a shred of explanation as to why he ignored Harry and kept him in the dark the entire time except for a half-hearted: I cared about you too much.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:34 PM   #58
Lumineon
Genin

Quote:
Dumbledore's explanation about the fifth movie's events, he doesn't give a shred of explanation as to why he ignored Harry and kept him in the dark the entire time except for a half-hearted: I cared about you too much.
Yes he does. Dumbledore mentions at the end that he thought that Voldemort was going to use the connection he had with Harry to gather information about the Order. He didn't want to risk it, so he ignored Harry.

this heart that beats,
it beats for whom?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #59
Kwakers
Missing-Nin

Kwakers is an unknown quantity at this point

Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World! Around the World!
Now all I need Is some music!
Kwakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #60
Ev0luti0n_X
Genin

Ev0luti0n_X is an unknown quantity at this point

its pretty good, tho they cut off alot of stuff..=\
Ev0luti0n_X is offline   Reply With Quote