Lost Soul - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Fan Creations

Fan Creations Show off your fan art or fan fiction here! Only hand drawn work may be posted!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #76
silencer299
Genin

silencer299 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lost Soul

The four walked in, finding that the inside was nothing like what they had imagined. If they didn't know better, they would call it a cozy house. A thick wall, at Kiyoshi’s wish, separated Naruto and Hinata’s rooms.

Hinata fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed, dreaming of the day she confessed her love. Naruto was eagerly trying to think of a way to be alone with Hinata, when Kiyoshi walked in on him.

"What is it?" asked the spiky-haired blond. Kiyoshi walked up to Naruto's bed and lay down beside him. "Hey, what are you doing?!! I don't swing that way!"

"Is sex all you have on your mind lately?" asked Kiyoshi, "Chill out pepper man, I'm only here to talk, not molest."

Naruto couldn't understand how Kiyoshi could keep a straight face when talking about anything sex-related. "You're messed up in the head, you know that?"

"Don't say the obvious, it makes you look like more of an idiot than you really are." replied Kiyoshi to Naruto's poorly formulated insult. "You want to get Hinata to yourself?"

Naruto laid down as well and said "Yes."

"What? Yes? That's all you've got to say?" Commented the longhaired blond on Naruto's sorry answer.

"What else can I say?" complained Naruto

Kiyoshi shook his head "Naruto, if you love her, you have to let her know. You can't let her know that you love her with a single word like 'yes'. You have to work on your language skills."

Naruto couldn't take this "What would you say?!!"

Kiyoshi thought about it, he wouldn't be able to say something love-proving to Hinata, so he imagined admitting it to Hikari. "Hikari... I don't know how to begin telling you what I feel. I guess the first thing I should emphasize is my gratitude, I am thankful that we crossed paths, I am glad that I didn't get away from the pirates back on that island, and I am grateful that you came and saved me from the darkness."

Naruto started to feel like he was in a cheesy love scene of a romantic movie. But that last word caught his attention, making him think "Darkness?"

"You saved me from my fears..."

"Fears?" thought the confused whisker-boy, finding the word quite interesting coming from the mouth of the supposedly fearless killer.

"My fear of life, you make me want to live, want to embrace life, embrace you. You're my reason to live, you are my new life, and I want to live you to the fullest." finished Kiyoshi

"Uhh..." Naruto was speechless, the long-believed cheery person was now found out to have been a sorry excuse for a living being. "What the hell was that?"

Kiyoshi opened his eyes "Apparently I need work with my speech craft too." replied the blond to the unimpressed Naruto "That's besides the point, the point is, a simple 'Yes' can't possibly emphasize your love. You have to try to prove it with every word and action that you execute."

Naruto had already given up on being stubborn and started understanding what Kiyoshi meant, "I see."

"Alight, you think about that when I leave. The other thing I wanted to talk to you about is the Kyubi" carried on Kiyoshi, this time with the absence of the soft happiness and cheer in his voice.

Naruto became uneasy "I don't th..."

Kiyoshi cut him off "That's right, you don't think. How in the hell are you going to make the relationship with Hinata work if you keep something as big as the Kyubi a secret?"

Naruto was so much into the latest events that he forgot all about the canine demon inside him. He found Kiyoshi to be correct, Hinata had the right to know about the fox, he owed her that much. Furthermore, the rest of the village knew about him, if he wouldn't tell her, she would eventually find out the hard way; from her father. Telling her would be the more humane and smart thing to do, let her make the choice on her own, without any pressure from the people around her. "I agree with you, but what if we're wrong?"

Kiyoshi smiled "Now you're thinking. You're right, this is a delicate situation, keeping a secret from her is the worst thing to do, but it's best to analyze the situation from every possible angle. Unfortunately, the closest person to being wise that we have at our disposal is Kakashi, and he's not around, so we have to do this on our own. Perhaps Hikari can help push you in the right direction?"

Naruto nodded "Thanks Kiyoshi, you're a true friend."

Kiyoshi got up to leave, but stopped. "Naruto..." said Kiyosh, getting the teen's attention "You're not stupid, and you're not thoughtless."

Naruto's expression changed into confusion again "I can't tell if what you just said is a good thing or not."

"Your thoughts are just all over the place, I was as careless and stupid as you at one point." continued Kiyoshi, then reached inside his vest "This is what helped me, and as you can see, the results are fantastic." taking out a hard-leather covered notebook, and tossing it to Naruto.

"What's this?" asked Naruto, opening the notebook, and going through the blank pages.

"It's another present." smiled Kiyoshi "The human mind is different from that of an animal's, not because we're smarter, but because we can find the connection between causes and effects. This idea stretches out into connecting simple thoughts, such as seeing the connection between a river and rain."

"So how is this supposed to help?"

"Have you ever played chess?"

Naruto recalled a couple of matches that he had with Shikamaru "Yeah, with Shikamaru, he beat me very quickly, the guy is a genius."

"Perhaps, but any genius can be surpassed by hard work."

Naruto felt a fine resemblance between the statement and what Lee went through to overthrow Neji. "Continue."

"The reason Shikamaru beat you is because he can easily see the connection of every move to the consequence of it. Not only that, but he is also able to think ahead, and therefore knowing the consequences of several turns ahead, thus he is able to create a tactic, plan of battle. To say it simply, the longer the chain of connections that you can make, the clearer your thinking becomes, and the smarter you become."

Naruto was shocked by Kiyoshi's reasoning, he never actually thought about overcoming Shikamaru’s tactical skills, they felt so overwhelming that it seemed to be impossible for anyone to surpass him. "I think I know where you're going with this,” replied Naruto

"From now on, you will write your thoughts out. If you can secure your current thoughts, you will be able to expand them into the deeper ones. The rest is up to your dedication to better yourself for Hinata."

Naruto smiled at the mentioning of her name. "I'll do my best to better myself. I know that I'm not much of a prize, but I'll eventually be worthy of her love."

Kiyoshi walked out of the room smiling "He finally gets it."
silencer299 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #77
xxxkakashixxx
Genin

xxxkakashixxx is an unknown quantity at this point

wow kiyoshi is a great teacher... he got naruto to the stage where he can think about his next move/step good i like this stroy... i'm your fan okay?

Co-owner of:
German Naruto FC
Haruno Sakura FC
Kakashi's Girlfriend's FC
Naruto Addicts FC
KeKKei Genkai FC
Proud member of
The *new* SasuSaku FC
Hatake Kakashi FC
xxxkakashixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:37 AM   #78
MYSTERY
Genin

MYSTERY is an unknown quantity at this point

Pls update soon...

U really have too much time...
_,.-+*Greetings at silencer299*+-.,_

.........WE......... __
..(....\....WILL...../....)
..\....\..ROCK... /..../
..\....\..YOU.../..../
...\..../´¯. |.¯`\.../
.../... |.....|.. (_|¯¯ \
...|....|.....|._.\...\.. \
...|.....|´¯.|.. .|../... |
....\......¯....¯....... /
...▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀...

Im a silent lurker, not posting
anything anymore,
sry...

MYSTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #79
silencer299
Genin

Sorry, I was afk for a few days, due to moving out of my old apartment.

Chapter 27 - Another Lost Soul

Kakashi and Inari were wandering around, looking for the rest of the team.

"Damn... no signal." said Kakashi "Where in the hell did they go?"

An idea popped into Inari's head "Kakashi-sama, can your equipment be interfered by rock formations?"

Kakashi nodded, "Only if the equipment is surrounded by rocks all around, so if there's a mountain in between two signals, they will bend around and not be interrupted."

"So what? Like a cave?"

"Yeah."

"Then let's find any caves on record." suggested Inari.

"That'll take too much time, if they are in a cave, they are safe. So for now we have to consider the worst case scenario and search for their signal, they might be in danger, and have a limited time."

Inari sighed, "Fine... Oh yeah, why don't you use the ninja dogs of yours?"

"We're on water, they won't find any scent in the water."

"I thought you were the pro at tracking?"

"Shut up."

Kiyoshi was going over what he was going to say to Hikari, His conversation with Naruto opened his eyes to see that he isn't prepared. Not dating for three years has its consequences.

Kiyoshi was walking by Hikari's open door, so decided to walk into the girl's room. She was laying on the bed, reading a book "Hey Hikari-chan, how would you like to take a walk with me?" asked Kiyoshi coming up to her.

She smiled and put her book down, reaching her hand up to Kiyoshi. He took her hand to pick her up, but she pulled him down onto the bed instead. "How about we talk here?" she whispered in his ear.

Kiyoshi looked around "Umm..."

"Oh my god..." gasped Hikari "You're shy!"

Kiyoshi bit his lip in response "Let's take a walk outside... Please?"

She pecked him on the forehead "Alright" replied, getting up.

Kiyoshi got up after her, and she put her hand around his waist, he went along by putting his hand over her shoulder, and they walked out. The violet-haired girl smelled like fresh jasmine flowers, and her skin felt really soft to Kiyoshi, the years of wielding weapons and fighting made his skin extra-hard. "I'm sorry for dragging you out, it's just that I wouldn't be able to concentrate if I were in constant worry that Naruto would barge in."

Hikari put on a hurt expression "Are you afraid to admit that you like me?"

"No, that's not wha..."

She cut him of with laughter "I'm just kidding, stop being so uptight." Kiyoshi fell silent, looked down and smiled. "Come on, talk to me" continued Hikari "What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"I just wanted to talk, I guess." replied Kiyoshi "Tell me about yourself, thanks to your drugs you know almost everything about me, yet I still have to get to know you."

Hikari smiled "Where do you want me to begin?"

"First of all, your attitude. You're a sweet girl, but back on the ship you were a reckless rebel. You're not schizophrenic, are you?"

The girl giggled, "No, I'm just a good actor. In order to be the leader of that crew, I have to seem heartless. But after two years of being there, you become one of them, and truly start losing your heart."

Kiyoshi agreed on this, a captain couldn’t be soft. "I see. But how did you end up a pirate anyways?"

"I was bored,” replied Hikari "My family died before I was able to remember them, and my life was too meaningless."

"That's not an answer"

Hikari sighed; she was going to have to tell him the truth. "I joined up with the pirates for revenge."

Kiyoshi's eyes widened "What?"

"Long before the pirates, I lived with my older brother. We inherited a teashop from our parents, and we were able to make a living. Life was good, it seemed that everything was set up for us, to enjoy this world." Hikari was smiling; the happy times were reflected by the joyful expression. Kiyoshi frowned, knowing that the only way to not get disappointed is by expecting the worst. "Then they came, burning everything to the ground." The cheery expression was already faded away.

"Who?"

"The pirates. They came, burning, stealing, and killing for nothing but personal gain."

Kiyoshi was in shock, the girl before him was the leader of the criminals that destroyed her life. Before saying anything, he decided to hear the whole story first. "What happened to your brother?"

Hikari's eyes were now full of hate, scorching the girl's beauty. "The former captain killed him."

"Why?"

"The captain was advancing towards me, telling me about horrid things, things that he had done, things that he was going to do... things that would become of me." The hate in Hikari's eyes was now dominating all else. "My brother jumped in to stop him from hurting me, only to be pierced by a sword. He kept getting back up and cut down again, buying me time to run away."

Kiyoshi didn't know how this story could possibly lead to Hikari being the captain of several pirate ships. "And you ran away..."

"Yes. I ran, leaving my brother's screams behind me. I ran until my veins pumped rubber and my lungs inhaled razor blades... and then I ran some more. I didn’t feel as if I was running away from the pirates, I was running away from my brother's misery."

Kiyoshi looked down at the ground. For the first time in his life, he felt fortunate for not having a family, he couldn't even imagine the pain that she felt. "I'm sorry about your brother."

Hikari wiped her tears off and smiled "It's all in the past now, nothing we do will change it." Hikari couldn't stand recalling her painful memories, but Kiyoshi wanted to know, the only thing she could do was tell him the rest and hope to not lose his respect. "And so I trained, I sought power and strength to avenge my brother. Every day doing nothing but training for eight years, driven by hate."

Kiyoshi smiled, revenge never ends nicely, but at least her intentions were noble to some extent. "Do you want to stop there for now?" he asked the weeping girl.

Hikari shook her head, no matter how unpleasant and misguided her actions were in the past, she had to tell him, put it all out on the table, and keep nothing hidden. "Two years ago I went out, seeking that murdering bastard and his crew, when I found him, I ripped him apart. Limb by limb, I was trying to satisfy myself with his pain. But the more I made him suffer, the more hate I felt."

"So you found your revenge."

"Yes, but with a price. No matter how much I tortured him, it didn't bring my brother back, and in the process I was losing myself as well."

Kiyoshi stopped walking and gave her a shoulder to cry on. Thinking to himself "These lessons can only be learned the hard way, or not at all."

After a few minutes, Hikari's crying had lessened, and she carried on, "After that, the crew took me in as their captain, only if I promised to never use my powers against them. I joined them, hoping to stop their criminal acts."

"Never happened, did it?"

"No, what happened was the exact opposite of what I wanted. Instead of changing them, they changed me, and I became the very evil that I sought out to destroy."

"You can't change pirates, they're like kids, all about peer pressure."

"Mutiny would be imminent."

Kiyoshi was shocked to find their relationship in the stage where they complete each other’s sentences. "You're strong, two years of being on a ship with the same pirates that destroyed your life, and your heart survived." smiled Kiyoshi "I don't blame you, and you shouldn't either."

Tears of joy appeared in Hikari's eyes, she couldn't be happier from the fact that Kiyoshi accepted her. She felt light, as if every little worry and sin was lifted from her. "Thanks Kiyoshi-kun" said the violet-haired girl, giving him a hug and digging her face into his shoulder.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #80
silencer299
Genin

Kakashi's monitor had been giving off a signal for the past five minutes; he and Inari were following it to a nearby island.

"Do you think they're safe?" asked the kid

"If they are safe, they're very inconsiderate of my feelings," replied the masked ninja

"That brings me to the next question, aren't ninjas supposed to be emotionless?"

Kakashi was tired, and didn't feel like giving Inari a history lesson. "At one point, we were trained like that, but times change."

"Will you tell me about later?" asked Inari

Kakashi nodded "Yes, but for now let's focus on the task at hand."

Naruto took the opportunity of being alone to sort his mind out. He took a pencil and the notebook Kiyoshi gave him, and started writing his thoughts out in point-form notes. After a long and thorough observation of his scribbled brainstorming, he concluded "There's no more doubt about it, I have to tell Hinata about the Kyubi."

"Hey kid!" yelled the fox for Naruto's attention

"What is it fatass?" replied Naruto in a calm manner.

"Do you really thing that she'll accept you if you tell her about me?" asked the fox.

Naruto found the Kyubi's input to be strange, "why do you care? Are you afraid for my social life?" scoffed the blond.

"Not really, I just don't want my host to go loopy on me," replied the Kyubi.

Naruto thought about everything that was just said, finding it difficult to believe that the beast inside him was concerned for his sake, "I don't think that's the reason you don't want me to tell her. If anything, telling her will strengthen the relationship. So from what I gather, it seems that my relationship with Hinata is posing as a threat to you."

The Kyubi backed off, "whoa, chill out Mr. Detective, it was just a suggestion."

"As of now, all your opinions are excluded from the matter," thought Naruto to the Kyubi, and then tuned the fox out completely.

Hikari hung off of Kiyoshi's back, chin resting on his shoulder. They were sitting on a ledge, over the sea, watching the sunset.

"Hikari, do you really think you want to go out with me?" asked Kiyoshi "After all, I have that..."

She put her index finger on his lips, "I don't care, I won't leave you."

The sun was shining its last rays on them, until the sky engulfed it completely, and the darkness crept over the red sky. "I've never felt this before. It's like I got a strong grasp on life, and it's not going to get out."

"I feel the same." replied Hikari, arms around Kiyoshi's shoulders.

That eerie feeling which Kiyoshi was already used to come to his attention, he barely noticed it anymore, but it was still there, like a gash on the roof of his mouth, it was bothering him.

Hikari noticed his discomfort "What is it?"

"I've had a strange feeling ever since I came to this country, it's as if something big is coming." explained the boy "do you feel it?"

Hikari frowned, "No, I don't."

"It's probably nothing."

"Don't concern yourself with petty things, and kiss me."

Kiyoshi dropped his head back, and his lips met Hikari's in a soft kiss.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:32 PM   #81
MYSTERY
Genin

MYSTERY is an unknown quantity at this point

finally ;p

U really have too much time...
_,.-+*Greetings at silencer299*+-.,_

.........WE......... __
..(....\....WILL...../....)
..\....\..ROCK... /..../
..\....\..YOU.../..../
...\..../´¯. |.¯`\.../
.../... |.....|.. (_|¯¯ \
...|....|.....|._.\...\.. \
...|.....|´¯.|.. .|../... |
....\......¯....¯....... /
...▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀...

Im a silent lurker, not posting
anything anymore,
sry...

MYSTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #82
silencer299
Genin

Chapter 28 - A Solitary History

Kakashi and Inari reached the island and were carefully moving about it, trying to avoid any possible ambush.

"How much further is the signal?" asked Inari, hoping that the answer would be something like 'behind that rock'. More than Kiyoshi, Inari was a defensive fighter, sneaking around and looking for dangerous things was not his style.

To Inari's surprise, Kakashi answered "behind that rock," pointing in the direction of a boulder near a ledge.

The two of them cautiously walked around each side of the boulder, only to be met by sharp blades at their throats, their owners hanging off the boulder above them. "Hey Kakashi!" yelled Kiyoshi, "Hikari, it's alright, this is Kakashi and Inari, they're friends." both of the blades were lowered, the two teens jumped down, and Inari sighed in relief.

After everything was settled, Hikari started observing the ninja that she heard so much about "So you're Kakashi? Not as good as I'd hoped, according to Kiyoshi, sneaking up on you would be impossible. Maybe there's a first time for everything."

A voice came from behind the two teens "I see I was introduced, and I hope you believe Kiyoshi next time." as the Kakashi in front of them turned into a log and fell down to the ground.

Hikari quickly turned to look at the source of the voice, finding Kakashi lazily sitting on the boulder, reading a book. "Whoa."

Kiyoshi turned to the stunned Hikari and smiled "I told you so. He isn't a pushover, even now, what you see before you is a clone."

Kakashi smiled and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Coming out from behind a tree. "You definitely are the master at meditation, Kiyoshi." said the copy ninja

Kiyoshi became displeased, turning away from the tree to look at the boulder again, "Kakashi-sama, please stop cloning yourself."

The masked ninja peeked out from behind the rock as his clone at the tree also disappeared. "Very nice, you got to teach me how to do that sometime."

Inari and Hikari were watching this battle of confusion from the side. "Is it over?" asked Inari

Hikari was stunned, she had seen a professional ninja at work, but Kakashi's deception skills were on a completely different level. What was even more amazing was that Kiyoshi was able to see past the copy ninja's skills, it seemed as if to Kiyoshi this was nothing more than finding an elephant behind a palm tree. "I can't be too sure," replied the girl.

Kiyoshi was getting pissed off, "Kakashi, I don't have time for your petty tricks, I want to spend some time with Hikari."

Kakashi stepped out from behind the boulder along with a clone and said, "Fine, I’ll give this round to you." After which the clone disappeared and the real Kakashi turned to Hikari, "So, is Kiyoshi going to introduce us?"

Kiyoshi walked up to the girl, put his hand around her shoulder and said, "This is Hikari, the best person that ever happened to me."

Hikari slightly blushed at the introduction, "We met on the pirate ship."

Hikari's explanation answered Kakashi's next question, the one where he was going to ask if they found out about the pirates. Instead he asked, "You were a hostage there?" Kiyoshi burst out laughing. The masked ninja looked back and forth between the two teens in front of him, "What? Did I say something funny?"

After Kiyoshi finished laughing, he explained, "She's the captain of the five pirate ships."

Kakashi was surprised, the silly looking girl before him was the leader of many brigades of pirates. "I see." he nodded, rubbing his chin. "Kiyoshi, tell me this. How many have you had today?"

Hikari became insulted, "Kiyoshi didn't drink today, and for that matter he won't need to drink as long as I'm around."

Kakashi's impression of the girl changed from tamed to dangerous. "I better not mess with these two, or she'll kill me," thought Kakashi upon feeling Hikari's stare fixed upon him. "Alright, I believe you." Hikari calmed down when Kiyoshi kissed her on the cheek; changed back to the soft loving girl she was before. "I didn't ask before, but are you two going out?"

Kiyoshi turned to Kakashi and yelled sarcastically "Nooo, whatever gave you THAT idea."

Hikari giggled, "Yes, we're going out, is there a problem?"

Kakashi hesitated from telling all that he knows about Kiyoshi, but the blond enlightened him "She knows more about me than you do. Even the kind of thing that will make you want to stay the hell away from me, and definitely kick me out of Konoha."

Kakashi was surprised by this comment, but didn't want to get into the discussion. He hadn't slept in two days and wanted some rest, "Where's Naruto and Hinata?"

"They're at my hideout, probably sleeping." replied Hikari

Kakashi sighed at the word 'sleep', "May I have some?"

"Sleep? Sure." answered Hikari, leading the group to the cave. Upon arrival to the invisible entrance, she said, "Here we are."

Kakashi and Inari looked at eachother, "And where are we?" asked Kakashi

"My cave." replied the girl, walking towards a mountainside, and disappearing into it.

Inari became freaked out "What is this? Where did she go?"

Kiyoshi didn't feel like explaining, so he grabbed the two guys by the hands and ran into the cave. Inari was terrified, he didn't feel like running into a wall, but to his surprise, instead of an impact, they ran into a cozy apartment-like residence. "Wow," he said looking around, "but I got to say, the place looked bigger on the outside," joked the kid.

"Inari, you're comparing this cave to a mountain," said Naruto coming out from his room with the notebook that Kiyoshi gave him.

Kiyoshi, seeing this, said, "I see you've been doing some thinking."

Kakashi ignored all this, went into Naruto's room, and fell asleep. The four kids followed his silent actions with their eyes and turned away after they were completed. Hikari started "There's six of us, and I don't know how any of you fight. It seems some of you aren't familiar with each other's styles."

Inari agreed on this more than the other two, "so what do you suggest?”

"I suggest we have an all-out sparring session tomorrow, but let's go to sleep for now." everyone agreed and went to their assigned by Hikari bedrooms.

The next day everybody but Naruto and Kiyoshi slept in. The two teens couldn't sleep at all; their worries were keeping them up all night. When the time said six-thirty, Naruto decided to get up to wander the hideout. When he walked out of the room, he saw Kiyoshi sitting in the living room.

"Hey Kiyoshi, what's up." said Naruto coming to sit next to the teen.

Kiyoshi lazily turned his head to look at Naruto "Nothing, just thinking over some things."

"Want to talk?"

"No, I don't discuss things like this. But this is the kind of thing that makes me afraid for Hikari's life."

"Protect her with your life" suggested Naruto

Kiyoshi looked down in disappointment, "I can't protect her. Just by being with me she's in danger."

Naruto thought about it, "Does she know about this?"

"Yes, but she still doesn't want to leave me."

"Then the decision is made. As soon as you told her, the decision was no longer yours." explained Naruto

A tear brewed in Kiyoshi's eye, "I never should have joined your village." whispered the blond.

Naruto didn't understand why Kiyoshi would say something like this. "Why the hell not?"

"Because I met Hikari." Kiyoshi looked back at Naruto "for a very good reason, I swore myself to a solitary life. Now, for the selfish reason of being lonely, I put everyone in danger."

Naruto looked Kiyoshi in the eye, "Is there somebody hunting you?"

Kiyoshi shook his head, "I hope it's nothing, but if something bad happens to any of you, I'll hold myself responsible for as long as I live."

Naruto leaned back, this conversation wasn't going anywhere. No matter which direction it went in, there would always be a dead end, Kiyoshi wouldn't say what was bothering him. "Kiyoshi, you ARE living a solitary life."

Kiyoshi smiled, "When did you become so philosophical?"

A grin crept across Naruto's face "I learn from the best."

"Alright. Now tell me why you're not asleep."

"I'm afraid of what'll happen if I tell Hinata about the thing inside me," said Naruto

Kiyoshi found this understandable, "Afraid of life?"

Naruto looked up at the blond before him, "What?"

Kiyoshi arched his back, leaning on his knees. "There are three main fears. The first one is the fear of life," said Kiyoshi keeping count of the fears on his fingers, "the second one is the fear of death," continued Kiyoshi, putting a second finger up. "And the third one," Kiyoshi looked up at Naruto, "is the fear of admitting that you have either of the first two."

Naruto was thinking about this, "So basically three fears; life, death, and denial?"

"Sure, if it'll help you keep track." replied Kiyoshi. "The third one, denial, is the easiest to overcome, because everyone is naturally born with all of them, and admitting is all you have to do."

Naruto nodded to indicate that he was following along. "Then..."

"The other two, are a lot harder, because in order to overcome them, you have to do more than admit that you're afraid. But..." Kiyoshi smiled "once you overcome one, you can easily overcome the other."

Naruto didn't understand the last part "what do you mean?"

Kiyoshi rephrased it using a different example "In order to have a good death, you have to have a life that's worth remembering."

This, Naruto understood. "Where are you going with all of this?"

"You're afraid of life," replied Kiyoshi, "This is very evident, because you very well know that it's better to tell Hinata now, than leave it in the freezer for her to find out later."

Naruto agreed, life is full of scary things, life is scary in itself, but in order to dominate it, you have to tackle it head on.

Last edited by silencer299; 08-30-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #83
silencer299
Genin

I'm going to a cottege, see you all in 3 or 4 days. tata
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM   #84
xxxkakashixxx
Genin

ok then have fun... oh by the way good chapter^^

Co-owner of:
German Naruto FC
Haruno Sakura FC
Naruto Addicts FC
KeKKei Genkai FC
Proud member of
The *new* SasuSaku FC
Hatake Kakashi FC
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #85
silencer299
Genin

Chapter 29 - Nuclear Breakfast

"Five more minutes..." The line that's usually used by the teen with an eyesore of a suit. This time, to everyone's surprise, it was not Naruto.

Kiyoshi knocked on the door again to wake up his new girlfriend "I thought you wanted to show your skills off in front of everyone today!" yelled the blond "you're the one who suggested that we have a sparring session!"

There was a pause with no reply.

Kiyoshi was getting amused by her behavior, it somewhat reminded him of his teammate, Naruto. "Are you even in there?" he asked, once again knocking on the door.

She replied "Ten more minutes."

Kiyoshi laughed. "You said 'five minutes' a few seconds ago," exclaimed the teen, barging in to find his girlfriend in underwear, lying on the bed in an awkward position. He instantly turned around and closed the door to prevent anyone else from seeing her half-naked body. Facing the door, he tried to convince her to wake up, "Come on, wake up," and before he knew it, Hikari was hanging off his back.

Hikari had her hands and legs wrapped tightly around him "Come to watch me sleep?" whispered the girl into his ear.

Kiyoshi couldn't care less about her arms keeping a stranglehold on his neck; his breathing was just fine thanks to his dandy muscle structure. Yet he still hated to think what would happen to anyone else if they were caught in her grasp. "Don't blame that on me, you were the one who didn't want to wake up."

Hikari slid off his back. As she was putting her clothes on, she kept her boyfriend in sight to make sure he wasn't peeking. "Do you still weigh half a ton?"

"Are you making fun of my weight?" complained Kiyoshi with a hurt voice.

Hikari laughed, "you know I'm just kidding, stop being so uptight."

The blond smiled, he knew better than to expect disappointment from Hikari. "Are you done dressing yet?"

Hikari came up from behind, stroked his hair and kissed him on his cheek. "You're a gentleman aint ya?" joked Hikari, nibbling on his ear.

Kiyoshi turned around, softly put his arms around her and gave her a deep kiss on the lips. "I hear those words way to often, they should be engraved on my tombstone."

Hikari broke the contact between their lips, "very romantic..."

Kiyoshi laughed and dragged his girlfriend out of her room, but to his surprise she was still resisting. He found out the reason when Naruto yelled out "Put some friggin pants on, I can see your black panties!"

Hikari covered her nether region with both hands and yelled in reply "Stop observing them!"

Naruto covered his eyes with the palm of his hand, still peeking through a slit between the fingers. Kiyoshi was stunned, "I thought that you were dressed!"

"Why on earth would you think that?" yelled the girl in reply, rushing back into her own room.

"Because you were nibbling on my ear!"

"That doesn't mean anything!"

Kakashi stepped out of his room to see what all the commotion was about. After several moments of witnessing the situation he shook his head in disbelief, "You'd think those two were married," said the masked ninja to Hinata, who was walking by his door, and watching the argument as well.

Hinata thought about it, she couldn't believe what she was witnessing; Hikari and Kiyoshi were fighting, but at the same time still keeping that love pouring between them evident. "I sort of envy them."

Kakashi turned his head towards the Hyuga; he couldn't believe her statement because he didn't feel what she did. Kakashi couldn't feel the love connecting Hikari and Kiyoshi, the only thing he could feel was the need to close the door and get back to reading his tormented book. "Call me when everything's settled and breakfast is ready." said the copy ninja, vanishing back into his room and locking the door.

Inari was already up, and making a check-up on his crossbow. The trigger was so outdated that it got jammed on the sixth click, "damn thing's supposed to go up to eleven in one pull of the trigger," sighed the kid. "This'll have to do for now though, I never shoot anything more than three arrows at a time anyways."

Naruto came barging into his room screaming "Help me, I'm being chased by dogs!"

Inari couldn't react in time. Before he knew it, Naruto and a stampede of dogs trampled all of his stuff, leaving a big mess behind. The only thing Inari managed to save was his crossbow. "Where the hell did he bring those dogs from?"

The morning was chaos. Hikari and Kiyoshi were creating half of the racket, Naruto and the dogs were creating the other half. Hinata was desperately trying to quiet everything down, Inari was fixing his room, and Kakashi was doing what he always does in chaotic situations; he chilled out in his room, reading a book.

Once everything was settled down, breakfast was made, and dogs chased out, everyone sat down to enjoy their meals in peace.

Kiyoshi turned to the spiky-haired blond, "Naruto, where did those dogs come from?"

Naruto felt somewhat uncomfortable with all the eyes fixed on him; everyone wanted to know the answer to the question. "I... don't... know," replied the teen, rubbing his shoulder.

"You seem to have a knack to attract dogs," stated Kiyoshi "was it always like that?"

Naruto shook his head, "no, it's just happened recently. I was also attacked by dogs when Hinata and I separated to cover Kakashi's route."

Kiyoshi became suspicious, the situation back in Konoha was Naruto's fault, and these dogs probably got attracted by something idiotic he may have done as well. But three incidents involving a pack of dogs trying to hunt Naruto down was getting slightly suspicious. "Oh well, they weren't here to kill anyone, and they were only after Naruto. It's not too big of a deal,” concluded Kiyoshi, carrying on with his meal.

Naruto became enraged by the last comment, "If I had a terminal disease, you wouldn't be saying that!" exclaimed the whiskered teen.

"But you don't," replied Kiyoshi through a full mouth.

Naruto turned to Hikari, "How can you stand him? Let alone date him?" asked the blond, recalling the morning's argument between the two.

Hikari smiled "Love isn't something that outsiders can see. The world of love only exists between the two lovers, nobody from the outside can possibly feel what the lovers feel."

Kakashi put his book down, "that's very profound."

Hinata stepped into the conversation, "but that's not true!" exclaimed the Hyuga, getting everyone's attention. She turned to Kakashi "don't tell me you didn't feel the love between these two, when they were making that ruckus this morning?"

Kakashi didn't know what she was talking about, "All I felt was terror, these two are scary when they argue."

Hikari jumped in, "You felt it too? How?" coming closer and closer to Hinata with every word.

Hinata was starting to feel sorry for giving her input; Hikari's attention was too overwhelming. "I just felt it… I don't know how."

The distance between the two girls' faces was now dangerously close. Kakashi rubbed his hands together in excitement, hoping for something to happen, something that in Naruto's terms would be called 'perverted'.

Nobody heard a sound escape Inari's mouth. He was just sitting there, eating his breakfast.

Kiyoshi turned to the pre-teen, "you alright? You’ve been quiet all morning."

Inari nodded in reply, "I just can't provide any input to your conversations."

The blond found this to be disappointing; everyone should be in on morning conversations. He decided to quickly finish everything and drag everyone outside to have an all-out sparring session. Rushing through his breakfast, he nearly choked on it. Once he was done, he took Inari by the wrist and ran outside, yelling to everyone behind him, "we're going to start the sparring, finish up and join us."

Naruto started shoving the food down his own throat, trying to get the food inside him to get to training with Kiyoshi as soon as possible.

"Naruto-kun! Don't eat so quickly or you'll..." started Hinata, only to be cut off by the sounds of Naruto's choking, "choke."

Hikari was laughing at the struggling blond, "good job, now you'll be late for training."

Naruto successfully got the rice out of his lungs and started heavily breathing for air. "Shut up," said the blond running outside to join the spar.

Kakashi got up, not removing his eyes from the book, and followed the rest of the guys to their morning exercise.

The two girls were now left alone by the messed up breakfast table. Hikari shook her head "boys..."

Hinata now had another opportunity to talk to Hikari privately. "Hikari, your relationship with Kiyoshi..."

"What about it?"

Hinata didn't know whether or not she should be asking the next question. "I know it's a private matter, but can you tell me more about Kiyoshi?"

"What? Why?" asked Hikari with an inquisitive face, "You're not getting him away from me."

Hinata felt embarrassed by this turn of conversation, "That's not what I meant..."

"Then what?"

"The other day, we were discussing Kiyoshi's sanity, I'm just wandering if he's alright."

Hikari laughed, Hinata's concern for her teammates was something she hadn't seen for a long time. "Kiyoshi's a bit messed up, yes. But I'm going to fix him up for the use of everyone and myself." joked Hikari, "don't worry, he doesn't bite."

"But what about..." Hinata was about ask about Kiyoshi's history, but before she could, Hikari grabbed her by the arm and dragged her after the guys.

The six of them took a moment to stretch. The island had a perfect setup of trees, sand and water, for them to have the free-for-all fight they were waiting for.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #86
xxxkakashixxx
Genin

great i just love this story i havent laughed this much in ages XD

Co-owner of:
German Naruto FC
Haruno Sakura FC
Naruto Addicts FC
KeKKei Genkai FC
Proud member of
The *new* SasuSaku FC
Hatake Kakashi FC
Old 09-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #87
silencer299
Genin

Chapter 30 - Free for all Spar

The six of them stood at the furthest corners of the semi-circular lake, getting ready for the ultimate spar. At Kakashi's command "Hajumae!” everyone rushed to the center of the lake, engaging the free-for-all fight.

As they were running, Kakashi threw a smoke bomb up in the air to act as a screen, and started performing seals.

A transmission came from Kiyoshi through the microphone, "Kakashi, remember you asked me if I had any more hidden weapons? Well if you convince me to, I'll show them to you."

At that moment, Naruto jumped at Kiyoshi, catching him off-guard and shoving a rasengan into his chest. Kiyoshi flew back spinning, and landed in a low position.

Hikari took this opportunity to attack Naruto. Running up to him, she threw a punch, which he was able to easily evade. A slap followed the punch and landed on the boy's cheek, she jumped back to let him realize what she had just done.

Naruto felt an exceptional pain come from the slap, when he rubbed his cheek; he saw blood on his hand. "Ow!"

Hikari opened her fist and waved at Naruto, revealing hidden metal claws. "I thought you were a ninja."

Hinata was currently fighting Inari, advancing and fending off from his crossbow shots. Inari reattached his crossbow, and went into a battle stance preparing for close combat. Hinata ran in, throwing attacks at the kid with no effect. Inari was relaxed, the attacks were fast, but in relaxation, everything becomes slow and easy to spot.

Naruto and Kiyoshi were going head-to-head, Naruto desperately trying to get Kiyoshi with his kunai. The whiskered teen was able to land several hits on Kiyoshi, thus making him bleed.

Kiyoshi still didn't want to take his kodachis out; he didn't even want to fight. The only good he used this training session for, was evasion and defense. Moving his head out of the way of Naruto's stab, he felt a presence behind him. Making a sharp move, he was able to evade Naruto's clone, which also wielded a dagger.

Kiyoshi was stunned "when did you get the chance to create a clone?"

Naruto was swinging attacks at Kiyoshi, landing a few into his chest and shoulder. "I tossed shurikens at you, remember?"

Kiyoshi smiled while evading the next attack "so you disguised several clones as weapons before starting the fight. Very nice tactic, but you shouldn't give it away until you're sure that the fight is over."

Naruto was getting ticked off, "what fight? You’re not fighting."

"I'm sorry if that’s insulting you, but I can't take the risk. I swing to kill, and I don't want to harm any of you," replied Kiyoshi, whose body was now extremely cut up and bleeding.

Naruto hesitated with the next attack, "I'm off to fight someone else, you're no fun." And with that Naruto took off, seeking a fight with Kakashi

Kakashi emerged from underwater in front of Hikari, he didn't know her abilities, but she didn't know his either. Taking out a kunai, he charged into combat, to be hit by a flaming punch in the stomach. The copy ninja exploded in a puff of smoke.

Hikari looked around to find the real Kakashi, when a couple of clones jumped out from underwater, grabbing onto her limbs, making her immobile. The real copy ninja emerged from the water in front of her, "Is that it?"

Hikari smirked, "Do you know what's so special about these clothes?"

"I'm guessing you're about to tell me?"

Hikari shook her head, "I'm going to show you," replied the girl. Everything around her started sizzling, the clones were slowly disintegrating, and the water under her was starting to evaporate. With the last clone no longer there to hold her down, she jumped at the real Kakashi, making him submerge before she could get to him. "Oh no you don't." said the girl putting both her palms on the water's surface.

Inari and Hinata stopped attacking eachother due to the water suddenly heating up. It was starting to become really hot everywhere, a little more and the water would start boiling. They rushed off to the sandy beach to continue their fight without being cooked alive.

Naruto and Kiyoshi also felt the temperature rapidly increasing; neither knew what was going on. Naruto ran back to the beach, while Kiyoshi went on to check if his girlfriend was safe.

Kakashi couldn't handle the heat; he had to get to the surface again. Hikari had caught him in a tight spot, no clones would survive the heat, they would all disintegrate at once, and he had to go out into the open. Sneaking was over; it was time to start the fight with the girl.

Kiyoshi came to the see Hikari standing on boiling water, he was sweating, soles of his shoes starting to get soft, and the heat was too unbearable for anyone to survive. He looked around searching for Kakashi, who was nowhere to be found, the only explanation he could come up with was that he is underwater. "Hikari!" yelled the teen, concerned for the girl's safety.

Kakashi jumped out from underwater, skin red, as if he just got out of a hot spring. "Damn you're hot!" said Kakashi jumping up into the air to get out of the heat.

"Only I'm allowed to say that!" yelled Kiyoshi, taking his trench coat off and pitching it to the shore of the lake. Followed by taking off a couple weights from his pants and tossing them after the coat. There was nothing left to cover Kiyoshi's bleeding, the vest and shirt were soaked in his blood, and several cuts were visible on his face and neck.

Kakashi landed on the surface and jumped off again. "Kiyoshi, how can you stand the heat in all those clothes?"

Kiyoshi didn't reply, he took off after the copy-ninja in mid-air, tackling him out of balance. After landing alongside Kakashi a hundred meters away, he replied, "I love the heat, it's the cold that I can't stand." Grabbed the masked ninja by the collar and tossed him back in Hikari's direction.

While in midair, the copy ninja used Naruto's tactic, and crossed his fingers across his chest, making a clone appear and toss him into a different direction. Before he was able to land as he had planned, Kiyoshi appeared in front of him, with an attempted punch in the face. Kakashi was able to block it, but at the cost of his balance. He fell down to the boiling surface, and jumped off it again.

Hikari was watching the two guys fight in the distance, still heating the water to keep Kakashi from hiding underwater.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #88
silencer299
Genin

Kiyoshi and Kakashi were fighting at an eye-piercing speed, his weights weren't weighing him down, every move, feeling light, and he was able to attack with a speed that changed the air currents around him.

Kakashi was able to keep up, his eyes were accustomed to fast movements, and evasion was a lot easier when he was keeping his calm. Twisting himself around Kiyoshi, he took his kunai and standing back-to-back stabbed Kiyoshi in the leg. "This should slow him down."

At moment's notice, Kiyoshi disappeared and reappeared underwater, under Kakashi. Grabbing on to the seemingly unsuspecting ninja's ankles, he was starting to pull him down.

This stunned Hikari, nobody has ever done something so reckless. Kiyoshi was completely submerged in boiling water, and using the fact to his advantage. "Kiyoshi!" screamed the concerned girl; her boyfriend was being cooked alive. She stopped heating the water, but had no method of cooling it down again. Kiyoshi was a goner, "What on earth is Kiyoshi thinking?" thought the girl, staring at the submerging Kakashi.

Kakashi was sinking into boiling water, but a smile lurked under his mask. When he was submerged knee-deep, he gave off a sigh and said, “that should have been enough for you to feel some pain,” and turned into a log.

Kiyoshi let go, and jumped out of the water. Unlike when Kakashi emerged from the water, his skin wasn't red; the hot water didn't do anything to him. The only thing it did was burned his wounds shut and washed his hair. Turning to a reef sticking out of the water, "You sly dog, I didn’t noticed you replaced yourself when I had grabbed on."

Kakashi came out and was staring at the teen in front of him in disbelief, Kiyoshi wasn't even slightly hurt by the heat, the water had evaporated off him, and he wasn't even sweating. "Are you sure you're human?"

Kiyoshi's cheer vanished in that moment's notice; Kakashi's question had a really hurting effect on the blond. He turned around walking to his girlfriend. "I’ve had enough, go check on the rest of the team."

Kakashi took his book out and started back to the other three.

Kiyoshi walked up to the concerned Hikari, "Are you alright?" asked the blond

Hikari stared at him in disbelief, "am I alright?" repeated Hikari in a scared tone. "You're asking ME if I'm alright?"

The blond looked around, not finding anyone else he could have spoken to. "Um, yeah."

The girl threw a punch at him, making him fly back, "what the hell were you thinking?!! You could have died!"

Kiyoshi got up, putting his jaw back into place. "I don't know what you're so angry about, I'm fine."

Hikari ran up to him and hugged him, weeping. "You asshole... I was worried..."

Kiyoshi hugged her back, "I'm sorry, I should have told you that I'd be safe."

She kissed him on the lips, not letting go. "Never do anything like that again." Hikari stood back, analyzing her boyfriend, the cuts he had on his face had stopped bleeding, and his hair was more blond than ever. "How did you survive that?"

"Over several years of fighting and killing, I got swung across rough surfaces and got burned several times. It doesn't show, but I have pretty dense skin from my encounters." explained Kiyoshi, "but the nerves and skin are still there nevertheless, so I feel pain even more than any normal person does."

At this moment several shurikens swept Kiyoshi off his feet and off to the side. Hikari was starting to get tired of being concerned for his safety and turned to face the assailant. "Naruto, you're starting to get quite annoying."

Naruto wiped his satisfied face off, "what? Why?"

"Because we were in the middle of something!" yelled Hikari and started chasing the blond around the lake with a ball of lava in her palm.

Kiyoshi got up, moaning, "what the hell just happened?" After a glance around, he found that somebody put more holes in him, and Hikari was chasing something orange. "I've had enough for today," said Kiyoshi getting up and starting back to Hikari's hideout.

Naruto stopped running and threw several kunai at Hikari.

The girl jumped up and grabbed the sides of her attire, pulling them in opposite directions. A long cape spread out concealing her, allowing Naruto's kunai fly through without touching her.

"What on earth is THAT?" asked Naruto

Hikari jumped out from hiding and landed on the water, the long black cape waving in her background. "Just something I picked up."

Naruto threw a shuriken at her, making her jump up into the air and get consumed by the monstrous free-form cape. The shuriken went in, and out of her concealment. Hikari became visible to Naruto's eye again, and landed on the water's surface. "This is a very nice material, it has the ability to expand and shrink, and therefore it can become as soft as a feather and as tough as diamond."

"But which it?"

"It's both," replied Hikari, slightly confusing the teen. "I control its state with my chakra."

Naruto smiled "so that's why it moves according to your will."

"That's right, I can turn it into a shield to deflect attacks, I can make it into a screen to prevent the enemy from being able to aim at me. I can move it freely, as if it were an extension of my body, and lastly..." Hikari smirked "this material is fire-resistant, so I can play with fire all I want and not burn my clothes off."

Naruto didn't want to fight her; she seemed to be a powerful opponent. She had her strategy figured out, and weakness was still unknown, and probably several other jutsu that were yet to be seen. But a hard opponent meant good training, "Let's go shorty!" yelled Naruto charging at the girl.

Hinata and Inari were done fighting, and were now kata training under Kakashi's supervision. Kiyoshi got back to the hideout and started searching for alcohol to treat his wounds with (and drink). Hikari and Naruto fought until neither could stand properly, and started back to the shore while they still had chakra to keep them on top of the water's surface.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #89
xxxkakashixxx
Genin

i hope they fight again some time soon^^

Co-owner of:
German Naruto FC
Haruno Sakura FC
Naruto Addicts FC
KeKKei Genkai FC
Proud member of
The *new* SasuSaku FC
Hatake Kakashi FC
Old 09-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #90
silencer299
Genin

Chapter 31 - Gifts

Kiyoshi, surprisingly enough found the girl's hidden stash of alcohol, and was following his 'one for you, one for me' way of treating his wounds. Everybody else was done training and having a fun time at the island's beach. Naruto was swimming after fish, Kakashi was surfing, Inari was carving arrows out of branches, and the girls were tanning themselves and chatting about random events in their lives.

After having treated his wounds, Kiyoshi went back to look for the group in hopes of teaming up with them to go on the merry quest of killing time. Upon spotting their fun in the distance, he tripled his pace towards them, tripped, and made a face-grind for twenty meters until Hikari stopped him and lifted him up by the feet.

Hanging upside down from Hikari's hands, Kiyoshi looked up at his girlfriend, "Hey there, you seem to have grown a lot since the last time I saw you," joked the blond, spitting sand out in between every few words.

Naruto jumped out from the water, to find the funny setup of Kiyoshi dangling from Hikari's grasp in a helpless position. "You got owned!" yelled the spiky-haired blond to Kiyoshi.

Hikari didn't approve of Naruto's input, more so she didn't approve the fact that Naruto had input to give. She swung Kiyoshi around into Naruto, who flew back several hundred meters and landed in the lake with a big splash. Putting her boyfriend down, "you should be more careful," said the girl.

Kiyoshi, lying sideways on the sand and resting his head in the palm of his hand, was more happy than stunned by the fact that his girlfriend could lift him up and use him as a weapon. "How is it that you can lift me?" asked Kiyoshi

Hikari lay herself down beside him, smiling. She then pulled the side of her clothes, they stretched and retracted. "Like I told Naruto, this fabric is manipulated by my chakra. Therefore I can use them as an addition to my strength."

"That's awesome! Now tell me why you're so hot." smirked Kiyoshi

The girl joked at Kiyoshi's poor flirting skills, "What's the matter? Jealous?"

"Does that mean you don't consider me hot?" replied Kiyoshi in hopes of scoring pity with his hurt facial expression.

The cheap pity-scoring trick didn't work on Hikari; she shot down every one of his attempts to get her kiss, and instead tried to get him to make the move. "Among other things... You're not hot, but you don't like me because I'm sexy either,” replied the girl.

Kiyoshi shot another attempt at her soft side, "but you are!"

"I know I am," laughed the tanned girl, getting up and running towards the water.

"Hey wait a seco..." started Kiyoshi only to catch a mouthful of the sand kicked back by Hikari's run. "Pretty smooth..." thought Kiyoshi

Hinata and Naruto were watching the invisible battle of speech craft in silence, and sitting in awe when it was over. The words weren't too impressive, but the taunting and flirting in the teens' voices was having a deep impact on the surroundings.

Kiyoshi followed his girlfriend into the water. Naruto and Hinata were left alone, the blond wanted to tall her about the Kyubi within him, but kept hesitating. "What is it Naruto-kun?" asked Hinata upon spotting the disturbance in his look.

Naruto snapped out of his confusion and faced Hinata. It was such a beautiful day, they were having fun, and he didn't want to ruin it by the unhappy conversation. "It's..." He knew that what he would say next was going to make or break the day.

"Are you alright?" asked the Hyuga, putting her forehead to his.

Naruto shrugged, worry was now the only thing he felt. "Damn I'm a coward..." thought the blond. "I'll tell you later, it's something that should wait."

Hinata frowned; Naruto was keeping a secret from her. "Alright, tell me when you're ready," said Hinata standing up and walking away towards the water.

Kakashi appeared out of nowhere and came up to Naruto, "that's what's going to happen every time you don't tell her. Secrets, no matter how small or big, will always make a relationship waste away."

Naruto didn't get startled; he was too busy feeling sorry for himself. "But she looks so happy, I don't want to ruin her day."

Kakashi looked down at the blond, "Happy?" asked the masked ninja. "Why don't you take a closer look?"

Naruto looked up to look at Hinata; she was splashing water with Kiyoshi and Hikari. On a closer observation he realized that his girlfriend wasn't happy at all. She was having a fun time with the water fight, but her eyes contained sadness that would break any heart. "Why? Why is she sad?"

"She's sad because you're sad. She's sad because the man she adores, her boyfriend, doesn't trust her with his pain." replied Kakashi

Naruto hugged his knees, "but what if she doesn't like what I tell her?"

Kakashi smacked the teen at his feet, picked him up by the collar and started bitchslapping him. "Wake up dumbass! She will love you no matter what! And here you go hurting her with your cowardice and stupidity!"

Naruto didn't struggle. He took the hits, knowing that his former mentor is correct. "When should I tell her?" asked the whiskered kid, nothing but remorse left in his sapphire eyes.

Kakashi dropped him and pointed to the water fight, "now!"

Naruto hesitated, but once Kakashi kicked him he started slowly walking towards Hinata. Each step heavier than the last, he didn't know what to say, "I have the Kyubi, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier?" thought Naruto, tears forming in his eyes.

Hinata spotted the blond coming into the water, heading towards her, struggling to keep the tears back. She started back to him, "Naruto-kun?" said Hinata, taking his hands. "What's wrong?"

Naruto felt like a soldier being ordered to march into certain death against his will. He had to soothe the situation down, "can I talk to you in private?"

Hinata nodded and they went to a nearby tree, nobody was there to distract them. Naruto felt even heavier than he did in the water. No matter how much he was going to change the atmosphere, the feeling would always get heavier with each passing second. "I have something to tell you..."

Hinata saw his worry, she saw his fear, and she felt it too. But she felt happiness as well, he was about to tell her something important and painful, entrust her with himself. "What is it?"

Naruto took a deep breath; he wasn't ready, marching into a battlefield with one bullet in a pistol and no home to return to. "Before I tell you, please know this. No matter what you will think of me, and whatever your decision will be, I will always love you." Naruto was on the verge of tears even more than before.

Hinata didn't know what to make of this, how horrible is the secret that he can't even think about telling her without breaking into tears?

Naruto looked up and gave off a deep sigh to calm his breathing. Looking at his girlfriend again, "I should have told you this before, a long time ago. Many people in Konoha hate me, there's a reason for that."

Hinata knew that every adult in the village despised Naruto's existence, yet never knew why. He hadn't done anything to them, before she first saw him, he couldn't have done anything horrible to receive this much hate. "Why?" asked the Hyuga, she always wondered about it, but never really cared about outside opinions about her love. She would always love him.

Naruto swallowed again, "do you remember the stories of the Kyubi?"

This was an unexpected turn of conversation to Hinata; does he have something to do with the monster? He can't, he's too young to have anything to do with the monster. "What about it?"

The boy's next words were spoken in a shivery voice, a voice of a soldier in shellshock. Not because his life was traumatizing, and not because it was painful to recall, but because he was about to give Hinata something painful, and that's hard to endure. "The Kyubi is... Sealed inside me." eventually spoke the blond.

Hinata was speechless, she didn't know what to do, how to react. Her next move was out of instinct, and it even surprised the girl herself. She slapped her boyfriend, even though it was surprising to her, she knew why she did it. "How dare you question my devotion to you? How dare you keep me out of this?" spoke the girl with a weepy voice. The next thing she did was she hugged him, "don't you know this won't nearly be enough to scare me away?"

Upon hearing this, Kyubi became displeased, "shit..." thought the oversized fox.