New Police Weapons - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

View Poll Results: So what are your thoughts on the Subject?
I think these weapons should be used. 17 77.27%
I am opposed to these weapons. 2 9.09%
I am still undecided. 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
Magister
Genin

Location: A single conversation across a table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
Magister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the rough
Arrow New Police Weapons

Okay, so yesterday I was watching the history channel show: Modern Marvels
And they were talking about some new police weapons that are being tested. The following is what I saw: The MR, a tactical gun that is like a giant revolver rifle that has a huge chamber. It fires large stile grenade shaped rounds of a plastic metal polymer. When they fired the weapon it could make two inch thick dents in a solid steel door. Mind you this weapon was categorized as 'non-lethal'. lol doesn't sound like it to me.

Another new weapon coming to a police force near you is a special stink rifle, that fires a potent smell, possibly the worst on the planet. A combo of roadkill, fermenting cheese, rotten deer guts, etc. The smell is apparently enough to make you fall down and try to get rid of the smell. I'm not sure how affective this 'weapon' will be.

Moving on. The next weapon was a rifle that fires plastic & rubber mixed rings. These rings are effective enough to knock someone down at a hundred yards no problem. They also leave a ring shaped bruise and have enough force to break blood vessels. In one case they spoke of, a woman was going to commit suicide and they didn't want to shoot her. Because she was holding a gun to her head. They took out the new ring gun, and fired it at her arm, promptly breaking her forearm and rendering the gun hand useless. The other alternative was to shoot her. So I think they made the right choice regardless of the effects.

The last remaining gun people have already heard of. The bean bag shotgun. This consists of a shotgun loaded with shells that have a beanbag inside it, causing bruising and pain on impact. They were trying to upgrade the Beanbag gun by increasing the aerodynamics of the bag. Because the bag is meant to strike flat, it comes out of the gun with alot of wind resistance, so this weapon make be upgraded. They also mentioned that most people think rubber bullets are non-lethal. But under closer examination they revealed that if shot incorrectly a rubber bullet can ricochet off the ground and pierce through your neck.

Thats it. Please tell me what you think about these new weapons in this thread, and vote on the poll. Let me know weather you think these weapons should be employed in police affairs or not. (The beanbag gun has already been released to all sheriff units) Remember, If you dont agree with someone tell them without flamming. THIS IS NOT A DEBATE. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE NOT HAVING THIS MOVED. IT IS IN THIS SECTION FOR A REASON.

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

OWNER OF THE GOOGLE FC -UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Co-Owner of the

MEMBER OF: THE ROLEPLAYING FC
THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My first and younger bro- Tookaipai
My equal aged bro- Fireninja
The sis I don't mess with- Miyuki
The 'older than me' (she feels) sis- Kata-chan7
My Halo bro-Trey
And the bro with no explanation!-ino11
compared to
what lies
within us

Last edited by Magister; 07-19-2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: xtra
Magister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future
Re: New Police Weapons

Yeah, I watch this show. And a few days ago while half asleep waiting for *someone* to get home. I'm opposed =]

They were talking about the body armor that's mechanical and shit.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
Magister
Genin

Location: A single conversation across a table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
Magister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the rough

I think I saw that one too. They were talking about body armor that cost like $500,000 to develop. And they can't use it cause it would cost like 5,000 just to make one.

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

Co-Owner of the

THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My Halo bro-Trey
compared to
what lies
within us
Old 07-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
Genjutsu Genius
Chuunin

Location: In a flower field! Somewhere over that rainboww!! =]
Genjutsu Genius is on a distinguished roadGenjutsu Genius is on a distinguished road

So the stink rifle fires the smell towards the person, like a flamethrower or something? Or is it like a bullet?

Fanclubs: [Haruno Sakura, Final Fantasy]**♥

I made my siggy and my avvy! Shuddap, I know I suck!
Flowers!
Genjutsu Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Magister
Genin

Its a little chamber like baggy attached to a point. It breaks on contact and spreads all over the person.

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

Co-Owner of the

THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My Halo bro-Trey
compared to
what lies
within us
Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
Genjutsu Genius
Chuunin

Location: In a flower field! Somewhere over that rainboww!! =]
Genjutsu Genius is on a distinguished roadGenjutsu Genius is on a distinguished road

Eww.....well, ok, that makes more sense.

Fanclubs: [Haruno Sakura, Final Fantasy]**♥

I made my siggy and my avvy! Shuddap, I know I suck!
Flowers!
Genjutsu Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Magister
Genin

Eww? I think if you got hit by it you'd be more like: "Oh, gawd. SICK! Augh! *barf* awwwu!"

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

Co-Owner of the

THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My Halo bro-Trey
compared to
what lies
within us
Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
Fubukimaru Yukishimo
Genin

Fubukimaru Yukishimo is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually like these weapons except for the first one...while badass as a giant revolver is, I think punching a 2 inch dent into solid steel is a little much for non-lethal..xD

Take the Naruto character test!
Fubukimaru Yukishimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 PM   #9
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

Some of the weapons sound clever such as the stink bomb and such, but I also agree some of those sound rather harmful, such as the MR... It sounds rather painful and could probably break bones. =/

Beanbag shotgun sounds OK, but the rifle that shoots rings sounds dangerous

I haven't seen these weapons being used (at least not here in Hawaii)... are they being used now or are in the testing process?

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #10
Magister
Genin

They are still being developed, so they arent in use anywhere yet. They also had a pepper gun that u shoot sorta lik a rifle except its sends a little paintball full of pepper spray into your face. The beanbag shotgun is stored in all sheriff vehicles. The police don't use them tho. A new battering ram is also being developed. It works like a large battering ram, but weighs less, etc.

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

Co-Owner of the

THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My Halo bro-Trey
compared to
what lies
within us
Old 07-19-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
LonelyNinja

I want that first gun. The one that dents steel. Anyways, non-lethal weapons are a good idea. Sure, everything has the potential to be lethal, but shooting a crook in the back with a rubber bullet is much safer than shooting at him with a pistol that shoots lead ones.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #12
Magister
Genin

The MR does sound sick huh? I'd wanna dent steel for fun. But it is a better idea than poppin someone fulla caps. lol

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

Co-Owner of the

THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My Halo bro-Trey
compared to
what lies
within us
Old 07-19-2007, 11:25 PM   #13
Dark Shuriken
Ima Firin' Mah Lazar!

Dark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant futureDark Shuriken has a brilliant future

I think they should use them...it would help us keep safe. I mean cmon they're entertaining too. It would be nice to see a robber running down the street and then getting shot by a beanbag. Then again the weapons sound funny. Stink Rifle? A rifle that shoots out rings? A bean bag shotgun? Get a load of that stuff on the news.

Dark Shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:07 AM   #14
ElementalNinja 19
Chuunin

ElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to all

My cousin is a sheriffs deputy and he told me about the stink rounds a long time ago he said they were trying to develop it into rounds like paintball... you go to a riot and tag the group leader with it and people around him wont want to be there long. He said the way he would compare the smell is take the worst smelling corpse he had ever found and times it by 3. Its pretty bad stuff from what he saw. Its just like the pepperball rounds they developed a few years ago like Magister mentioned.

Member of ~Naruto Addicts FC~

“Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.”
ElementalNinja 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #15
nejismirk
Goteijuusentai

nejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud ofnejismirk has much to be proud of

if they're responsible enough for using these then go ahead.

"I hate ghost shows."
-Ichigo Kurosaki

-THE NARUTO SHIPPUDEN FC -
-THE HYUGA NEJI FC-
-THE GAARA FC-
-NARUTO ADDICTS FC-

nejismirk is offline   Reply With Quote