Global warming: fact or fiction? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
revsethsmith
Academy Student

revsethsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Global warming: fact or fiction?

When I saw the Al Gore post, I thought maybe if you tweaked it to say:
A.) Is Global warming happening or not?
B.) Is it man-made, natural, or combination of both?
C.) Should laws be made to change lifestyles because pollution is a serious enough threat?

That these questions could start a debate.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Global warming: fact or fiction?

Well, I don't have much to say on this topic, but:

1) Hell yes. Look at Antartica, for instance. Glaciers are breaking off because of how warm it's getting/melting.

2) Both. The warming and cooling periods of the Earth is natural, it's a cycle that happens every who-knows-how-many years. You can look it up or whatever, I don't remember the exact source of it. I totally just destroyed my own "rule of debating", but whatever. Anyway, it's natural, but manmade products/pollution is speeding up the process. That's the easiest way to say it.

C) Um. Well, firstly -- we most likely won't be alive long enough to suffer the "extensive" damages anyway, but who knows for sure. And secondly... I doubt that they'll take TOO many environmental measures. We all know that all the government cares about is money. And factories = money. Putting filters, regulations, and codes of conduct/production/manufacturing = spending more money. Which would be paid by the taxpayers, of course. -shrug-

I don't expect any really drastic laws to change "lifestyles" due to pollution anytime soon. Maybe some time in the future, but not anytime soon.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
Magister
Genin

Location: A single conversation across a table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
Magister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the roughMagister is a jewel in the rough

A. YES! Obviously. Have you noticed recently that every year we're setting a new top heat record???
B. Both^^^
C.Absoulutely, If not for ourselves then for our children, further generations that need our help. If we dont comply to help stop global warming, our children will suffer for it. Or you brother's children, sisters children, etc.

^THX TO GIBIGBIG^

OWNER OF THE GOOGLE FC -UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Co-Owner of the

MEMBER OF: THE ROLEPLAYING FC
THE AKATSUKI FC
MY E-SIBLINGS:
My first and younger bro- Tookaipai
My equal aged bro- Fireninja
The sis I don't mess with- Miyuki
The 'older than me' (she feels) sis- Kata-chan7
My Halo bro-Trey
And the bro with no explanation!-ino11
compared to
what lies
within us
Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
2) Both. The warming and cooling periods of the Earth is natural, it's a cycle that happens every who-knows-how-many years. You can look it up or whatever, I don't remember the exact source of it. I totally just destroyed my own "rule of debating", but whatever. Anyway, it's natural, but manmade products/pollution is speeding up the process. That's the easiest way to say it.
I think it has something to do with the magnetic poles and the tilt of the earth. Something like that. Anyway.

A. Well dud. The ice caps are melting.

B. Its natural that the earth would heat up, but as Kat said, we're (man) speeding up the process.

C. Some laws should be past to limit pollution and such, but I don't think that they'll pass a bunch of them. We should all have hydrogen cars and that'd cut out alot of the car pollution. But we won't because it's not cheap enough, see?

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
XileXKing
Academy Student

XileXKing is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol. Well thanks to mankinds we are pretty much the one who are causing this unnatural balance. Too much technology (^.^)b

Your Mine
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by XileXKing View Post
Lol. Well thanks to mankinds we are pretty much the one who are causing this unnatural balance. Too much technology (^.^)b
That's not entirely true. All though Hummers are big, fat, and ugly 'Global Warming' isn't all of our fault. The entire universe is heating up. There aren't any SUV's on Mars and Mars is still heating up. But the world has always done this heat up and cool down stuff.

Already made thread : http://forums.narutocentral.com/sear...earchid=552663