Incest - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #16
Tea Tee
Genin
 
Tea Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in his arms
Age: 21
Posts: 222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tea Tee is a jewel in the roughTea Tee is a jewel in the roughTea Tee is a jewel in the roughTea Tee is a jewel in the roughTea Tee is a jewel in the roughTea Tee is a jewel in the rough
Re: Incest

I think incest is wrong. It's just very, very wrong...
__________________
~Tea Tee

The best people on NL:
Kata-chan7
SASUKE GURL
sakura 05
Miyuki
Uchiha_Kina
UchihaTaijiya
RasenganFox
Tookaipai
DEATH BY KUNAI
4EvEr-KaZeKaGe
dirk667
BloodKid
Shikamaru
Trey
Seal_master
RasenganAcv2
G.Money


Co-owner of: Procrastinators Unite FC
Member of: The Roleplay FC
Member of: Musically Drugged FC
Member of: Christians Unite FC
Tea Tee is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #17
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Incest

You guys keep saying it's wrong. But other than the 'ick' factor, can you even give a reason why? As long as they're not doing it to have children (Birth control now-a-days is extremely effective), what harm is it? How does it hurt anyone?

Don't get me wrong, it's not something that I'd personally be into or anything. But I honestly can't think of any reason to think any less of anyone who chooses to engage in an incestuous sexual relationship. I certainly can't think of how it is "wrong" for anyone to do. How about justifying that stance if that's what some of you think?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #18
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Incest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
You guys keep saying it's wrong. But other than the 'ick' factor, can you even give a reason why? As long as they're not doing it to have children (Birth control now-a-days is extremely effective), what harm is it? How does it hurt anyone?

Don't get me wrong, it's not something that I'd personally be into or anything. But I honestly can't think of any reason to think any less of anyone who chooses to engage in an incestuous sexual relationship. I certainly can't think of how it is "wrong" for anyone to do. How about justifying that stance if that's what some of you think?
Other than the reproducing dangers involved, there is no "wrong" thing about incest. It's just negatively thought of in society.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #19
taelmx
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!
 
taelmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: RAWR
Age: 23
Posts: 955
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
taelmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Incest

"At least incest is something the whole family can enjoy."

In some families, the way children are raised can lead to incest. Relationships between family members vary from family to family.

And to bring religious perspective into view...hehehe...If you are Christian(I'm not) and believe that Adam and Eve were the first people on earth...wouldn't we all technically be practicing incest? =D
__________________
10% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
taelmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:32 AM   #20
Assaulter
Symphony of Destruction
 
Assaulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Assaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enoughAssaulter will become famous soon enough
Re: Incest

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelmx View Post
"At least incest is something the whole family can enjoy."

In some families, the way children are raised can lead to incest. Relationships between family members vary from family to family.

And to bring religious perspective into view...hehehe...If you are Christian(I'm not) and believe that Adam and Eve were the first people on earth...wouldn't we all technically be practicing incest? =D
Very true. All of children's future relationships really revolve around the way the family is. The most instances you get of incest really depend on how lonely the person is. I'm pretty sure 9 times out of 10 they don't truly fall in love with a member of the family in a sexual sense.

lol yes you are very right about the Christian point of view.

Also yes it is truly only wrong when they reproduce children because of the heightened risk factor of several diseases and mental diseases.
__________________

Assaulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #21
Hiraku
Puppet Master
 
Hiraku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: land of sand
Age: 26
Posts: 1,308
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Incest

i have never thougth about incest or any thing like that i never had any real family connections as a kid so i really am much of a loner on my own but who would want to do it with one of there own clan instead of some hot chick in the mall.
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Sayian\My Documents\Pictures\My Pictures\263046471_01d7030b2f.jpg
Hiraku


The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:53 AM   #22
Lumineon
Genin
 
Lumineon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hidden Leaf
Age: 23
Posts: 189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura about
Re: Incest

Hm, well let's see... Aside from...

* the immorality of incest.
* the possible breakup of a family.
* not being able to look at your family member the same way ever again.
* the alienation that would plague a family should such a dirty secret be revealed.
* the possibility of an unwanted pregnancy (regardless of how safe contraception is nowadays).
* the sheer emotional strain that such activities would put on non-involved family members (could you imagine how disgusted a mother and father would feel if their son and daughter were hooking up?).

...I don't find anything wrong with incest. Nope, not at all. Incest is perfectly normal. Yup.

In all honesty, I am a tad bit flabbergasted that some of you would even think of saying "I don't see why incest is wrong." Yes, I am stating here that I think incest is universally wrong regardless of the case. If you can call someone a "family member" then you should not be pursuing romantic interests with that person. Period. There are millions and billions of other fish in the sea. You can't honestly say that your sister or your brother is that one in a billion for you.
__________________

this heart that beats,
it beats for whom?

Last edited by Lumineon; 08-18-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Lumineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:16 AM   #23
Tay_Zonday
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tay_Zonday is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Incest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineon View Post
Hm, well let's see... Aside from...

* the immorality of incest.
* the possible breakup of a family.
* not being able to look at your family member the same way ever again.
* the alienation that would plague a family should such a dirty secret be revealed.
* the possibility of an unwanted pregnancy (regardless of how safe contraception is nowadays).
* the sheer emotional strain that such activities would put on non-involved family members (could you imagine how disgusted a mother and father would feel if their son and daughter were hooking up?).

...I don't find anything wrong with incest. Nope, not at all. Incest is perfectly normal. Yup.

In all honesty, I am a tad bit flabbergasted that some of you would even think of saying "I don't see why incest is wrong." Yes, I am stating here that I think incest is universally wrong regardless of the case. If you can call someone a "family member" then you should not be pursuing romantic interests with that person. Period. There are millions and billions of other fish in the sea. You can't honestly say that your sister or your brother is that one in a billion for you.
Your reasoning is like saying "Gays should be illegal because it might make them ffel bad, they could get made fun of, I dont like them, They would have a hard time in the male change room"

Just because You think that way does not mean everyone does. Just because you could not look at your family the same way, just because it would cause you emotional strain, just because it would hurt your family does not mean it would do the same to everybodie's.

You reasons are silly. Like saying "Drinking should be made illegal because my family had alchoholics" it is completely subjective.
Tay_Zonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #24
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Incest

Incest is completely wrong in my opinion. People talk about Ick factor, It's morally wrong aswell. Those people who say there is nothing wrong with it, picture yourself in bed with a family member then say its ok. I mean seriously picture yourself, because you maybe agreeing with others view point. Incest is not something that you should be able to easily give the OK, because then there must be something wrong with you. How many people do you personally know doing incestous things. Anyway I don't wanna go into it too deep because we do have a lot of youngers on the forum.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #25
kluang
One Punch Man
 
kluang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,404
Thanks: 3,166
Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: Incest

WTF!!!!!!!!!


Incest is wrong.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY Wrong

Brother pump sister?

Now who teach you that?

WE DO NOT

WE DO NOT

WE DO NOT

And I repeat just in case

WE DO NOT

Pump our sisters.

You can pump a nun, but you can't pump your sis.

Its plain wrong.

Its wrong ickly

Its wrong morally

Its wrong religiously...Unless you're a Mormon

And kids born from incest are more likely to die early, genetic probs, mentaly probs and stupid.
__________________









To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.



Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.






kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #26
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Incest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineon View Post
Hm, well let's see... Aside from...

* the immorality of incest.
* the possible breakup of a family.
* not being able to look at your family member the same way ever again.
* the alienation that would plague a family should such a dirty secret be revealed.
* the possibility of an unwanted pregnancy (regardless of how safe contraception is nowadays).
* the sheer emotional strain that such activities would put on non-involved family members (could you imagine how disgusted a mother and father would feel if their son and daughter were hooking up?).

...I don't find anything wrong with incest. Nope, not at all. Incest is perfectly normal. Yup.
Like Tay said, all those arguments besides the unwanted pregnancy one can easily be applied to something like homosexuality. And it'd be pretty damn silly to say homosexuality is wrong just because some people have an unjustifiable dislike of it, right?

And as for the unwanted pregnancy bullet point, you could apply that same argument towards normal couples that have a much higher chance of producing children with some genetic disability/disease. Would you say that those people shouldn't even be allowed to have sex? Let's not forget the other fail safes out there like morning after pills and abortions, should the extremely unlikely event of having the initial line of birth control failing occur. Again, kind of a silly argument.
Quote:
In all honesty, I am a tad bit flabbergasted that some of you would even think of saying "I don't see why incest is wrong." Yes, I am stating here that I think incest is universally wrong regardless of the case.
Why? If there's no legitimate reason to condemn it, you shouldn't say it's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodkid View Post
Incest is completely wrong in my opinion. People talk about Ick factor, It's morally wrong aswell. Those people who say there is nothing wrong with it, picture yourself in bed with a family member then say its ok. I mean seriously picture yourself, because you maybe agreeing with others view point. Incest is not something that you should be able to easily give the OK, because then there must be something wrong with you. How many people do you personally know doing incestous things. Anyway I don't wanna go into it too deep because we do have a lot of youngers on the forum.
Heh. You act like what you're saying here is different than saying "I don't think it's right because it's icky, lol." Unfortunately, that's what your entire argument boiled down to. Which would be like me saying that since I find dude on dude sex to be kinda gross, no one should be allowed to be gay. Ever. Which, of course, wouldn't make much sense.

LolKluang.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #27
Lumineon
Genin
 
Lumineon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hidden Leaf
Age: 23
Posts: 189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura about
Re: Incest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay_Zonday View Post
Your reasoning is like saying "Gays should be illegal because it might make them ffel bad, they could get made fun of, I dont like them, They would have a hard time in the male change room"

Just because You think that way does not mean everyone does. Just because you could not look at your family the same way, just because it would cause you emotional strain, just because it would hurt your family does not mean it would do the same to everybodie's.

You reasons are silly. Like saying "Drinking should be made illegal because my family had alchoholics" it is completely subjective.
I feared that someone might bring homosexuality into this. Homosexuality is a completely separate issue, because the majority of people who call themselves "gay/lesbian/bisexual" cannot change that. You can help who you fall in love with (moreso when it involves a damn family member), and you should have enough moral fiber to realize that pursuing relations with your family member is wrong. Also, our society has come a long way in that gays are not as targeted as they once were. This may just be my opinion, but I highly doubt that any number of years will ever change the way people view incestuous relationships.

And I do believe my post was subjective, but I did outline relevant points as to why I believe incest is wrong. And you basically just chewed up my points, spat them out, and said "Oh that's your opinion." I'm not a psychologist or sociologist by any means, but it takes neither to realize that if you were a parent of two children who were overtly passionate about eachother, you would be ashamed and utterly disgusted.

N.B. I never said that incest should be illegal. I'm saying I'm opposed to it and I believe it is a manifestation or moral atrophy. Whether or not people guilty of having an incestuous relationship should be persecuted is more subjective than the debate at hand.

Quote:
Like Tay said, all those arguments besides the unwanted pregnancy one can easily be applied to something like homosexuality. And it'd be pretty damn silly to say homosexuality is wrong just because some people have an unjustifiable dislike of it, right?

And as for the unwanted pregnancy bullet point, you could apply that same argument towards normal couples that have a much higher chance of producing children with some genetic disability/disease. Would you say that those people shouldn't even be allowed to have sex? Let's not forget the other fail safes out there like morning after pills and abortions, should the extremely unlikely event of having the initial line of birth control failing occur. Again, kind of a silly argument.
I don't think homosexuality could break up a family. I'm going to reiterate this example because I believe it's a good one: if a mother and father estrange their only two children because they are together, that family would be irreparably broken. And what if those two children were to "break up" for whatever reason? Their relationship (I'm speaking of a strictly filial relationship here) would never be the same. Having dinner at the same table knowing that those two children had sex with eachother has got to be uncomfortable for any and all family members, wouldn't you agree? I'm not sure if any "my son/daughter is gay" simulations could ever be as devastating as that.

As for the genetic mutation argument, the couples who do have a higher chance of procreating a child with a genetic disorder oftentimes DO choose to have protective sex, but even if contraception fails, there is a chance that that baby will be born perfectly normal. When you have sex with your brother or sister, there is a 100% chance that your child will be born with a genetic mutation. It's unquestionable. I agree, more likely than not contraception will prevent pregnancy, but there's always that chance of a slip-up. It would really suck to have to get an abortion every single time you and your family member slip up, knowing fully well that the baby will be born with genetic mutations.
__________________

this heart that beats,
it beats for whom?

Last edited by Lumineon; 08-18-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Lumineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #28
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Incest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineon View Post
I feared that someone might bring homosexuality into this. Homosexuality is a completely separate issue, because the majority of people who call themselves "gay/lesbian/bisexual" cannot change that. You can help who you fall in love with (moreso when it involves a damn family member), and you should have enough moral fiber to realize that pursuing relations with your family member is wrong. Also, our society has come a long way in that gays are not as targeted as they once were. This may just be my opinion, but I highly doubt that any number of years will ever change the way people view incestuous relationships.
What? How is being attracted towards your cousin any different than being attracted to some same sexed person in regards to your ability to change that feeling of attraction? If I thought my cousin was hot there's nothing I could do to make me think that she's not hot. You're just grasping for straws now, it's no different than homosexuality in that regard.

And you could apply that same argument about having moral fiber towards homosexuals as well. They should just suck it up and only bang straight people like a normal person, amirite? = /

And how society views something has nothing at all to do with whether it's morally right or wrong. If that was the case, slavery at one time was a totally okay thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #29
Lumineon
Genin
 
Lumineon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hidden Leaf
Age: 23
Posts: 189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura aboutLumineon has a spectacular aura about
Re: Incest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
What? How is being attracted towards your cousin any different than being attracted to some same sexed person in regards to your ability to change that feeling of attraction? If I thought my cousin was hot there's nothing I could do to make me think that she's not hot. You're just grasping for straws now, it's no different than homosexuality in that regard.

And you could apply that same argument about having moral fiber towards homosexuals as well. They should just suck it up and only bang straight people like a normal person, amirite? = /

And how society views something has nothing at all to do with whether it's morally right or wrong. If that was the case, slavery at one time was a totally okay thing.
The funny thing is, I think you're the one grasping for straws here. You're saying that you can't prevent yourself from becoming attracted to your cousin, but the fact is you can prevent yourself from having sex with her. Incest is defined as sexual intercourse between two family members. Thus, your argument about attraction isn't applicable to this one. (No surprises here, though. I mean, how does homosexuality have anything to do with incest, anyway?)

Again, I think it's cheap that you're bringing homosexuality into this. I'm saying incest is wrong not only because it defies a moral standard that most societies nowadays adhere to, but because of the utter destruction it can lead to within families.

Also, you seem to be prodding people to defend their reasons for believing it is wrong. Why don't you defend your reasons for believing it is right? What can someone get out of a relationship with his sister or cousin that he can't from a relationship with someone to whom he is not related?
__________________

this heart that beats,
it beats for whom?
Lumineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #30
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Incest

Personally I think being gay should be banned aswell. Miburo aren't you being a bit too sentimental towards this whole incest issue. Are you indirectly trying to say that you've had such feelings towards a family member?
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.