Why Tobi can't be Obito. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Num13ers
Genin

Num13ers is an unknown quantity at this point
Why Tobi can't be Obito.

Because the anime skipped the Kakashi Gaiden story. It wouldn't make sence for them to introduce Tobi and then later reveal him as Obito in the anime if there has been no previous mention of Obito. Also, if they were ever going to have made Kakashi Gaiden into anime, then it would have happened between Part 1 & Shippuden. So thats my reason why Tobi can't be Obito. It just wouldn't make sence.
Num13ers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Why Tobi can't be Obito.

That's like saying there should be no flashbacks at all in Naruto, because they wouldn't make sense.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

They can make it as a memory of Kakashi at any given moment.Let's say,after Saving Gaara mission.
Anyway,kishimoto will never tell anyone beside his staff who Tobi really is,so he wouldn't say it to anime team as well.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Focusmane21
Academy Student

Focusmane21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Tobi can be Obito cause look at Kakashi's left eye and look at where Tobi's eye is.... it looks to me like he is Obito....
Old 06-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
Num13ers
Genin

Hate my life
Old 06-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
itachiuchiha
Chuunin

itachiuchiha is infamous around these partsitachiuchiha is infamous around these partsitachiuchiha is infamous around these partsitachiuchiha is infamous around these parts

obito got his right side of his body crushed...tobi has an eye hole on the right side(i think) so how would he be seeing if the side that got crushed is the side he is seeing from..and kakashi has his other eye.

I Skim Back Over My Words Thats On The Page N Line I Dont Write I Get High And Ignight...
G Goli Giga Bytes In A Gorrilla's Hand To The Side Of A Niggaz Face Like I Don't Give A Damn
Even If Hes Wit His Manz-- And Thenz I Put His
Plans And Limbs All Over His Pants And Timbs
Allow me to break down the game,
behind the bracelets, earrings, chains, watches and rings.
The bling,
the crystal incrusted, princess flooded, canary studded, blue coloured and blood stained.
Yeah the older brother of the drug game,
that give her a fame, then take away her lane.

Rep Me Red And Ill Rep You Back<3
itachiuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
Num13ers
Genin

Maybe he is magic?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
EJ
Reckless

EJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of light

I think Tobi is Obito

Tobi's armor looks like it has bolts(kinda like holding something together, maybe his body?), the mask is a given, and their personalities are quite identical don't ya think?
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

The kakashi Gaiden could be turned into flashbacks if the animators wanted to be, now that I think about it lol.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #10
d1v
Genin

d1v is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
The kakashi Gaiden could be turned into flashbacks if the animators wanted to be, now that I think about it lol.
Absolutely right!

Kakashi could have this flashback or just tell Naruto etc. the whole Kakashi gaiden story...would fit.

I personally think Tobi is Obito.
d1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #11
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

Too bad they will probably turn it into a flashback like everyone says. Maybe they can use it in the Dubbed edition to replace all the content they cut.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #12
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

the reason why tobi shoulnt be obito is basically obito should have died thats it. if being crushed by rocks doesnt kill u will.and it would kinda be like when frieza was rebuilt
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #13
TheFourthTail!
Chuunin

TheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of lightTheFourthTail! is a glorious beacon of light

but maybe obito died, and then, zetsu found him, and zetsu turned him into a zombie (the fast and strong kind) and now he is tobi

[/nonsense]
Old 06-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #14
ITzANIllUZion
ANBU

ITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura about

im 100% sure tobi isnt obito..y....cause obito had his whole right side crushed...and tobi wears his mask with the eye hole on the right... that makes no sence... now i can see if the eye hole was on the left cause thats where obito had the sharingan taken out...and if someone was to find obito and save him like everyone says then im sure they could of replaced his missing sharingan eye with another working eye...
now if ya say kakuzu*sp* was to find him..and repair him....well..he cant fix a crushed eye...if it was tobi was obit..why not give him 2 new eyes..i doubt kakuzu can fixe a crushed body..he is able to re-attach limbs thats just about it.

can we close this thread

One of the Badass Shinobi

Thnx OG

N48 vs Me

ITzANIllUZion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

The anime didn't neccessarily "skip" Kakashi Gaiden. They just never showed it... yet. They could still show it, or they might just make it into a bunch of flashbacks like they did when Sasuke and Naruto fought, and they had a million flashbacks in those 5 episodes. The possibilities to explain Obito are countless. Right now, the animators don't see reason to explain Obito, especially since it was alot like a filler story, that didn't alter the current Shippuuden storyline.
I'm sure that if Obito were to come back into the storyline, and IF he is Tobi, or whatever... They will tell the Kakashi Gaiden story.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote