USB memory stick problem!!! HELP NEEDED!!! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Computers

Computers Need help with a problem, or just want to talk about computers? Then this is the place to do that.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
pyro_flame22
Genin

pyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to behold
USB memory stick problem!!! HELP NEEDED!!!

Hey all,

I have a problem wif my USB memory stick, especially when I try to use it. The problem is; when I put the memory stick into the USB port, the light is on but i'm unable to access the files on the memory stick. Maybe the USB memory stick is dead but im not sure.

Can someone help me out????

Official Rock Lee FC Banner

Konoha's Greatest Taijutsu Shinobi

OWNER of Rock Lee FC

Stuff

ROCK LEE FC

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! LEE's UlTImaTE FoRM!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On and Join if YOU truly are a fan of ROCK LEE

Fanclubs and Stuff
Owner of Rock Lee FC
Member of Konoha Kunoichi FC

DYNAMIC ENTRY!!!!!!!
Rock Lee is AWESOME in these fights!!!!!!!!!! Konoha Senphuu !!!!!!!!!!!

Lee Vs Gaara Fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkP9gJVVg8

pyro_flame22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
Swtvi3tboi08
Eat Ma Meat!

Swtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the rough
Re: USB memory stick problem!!! HELP NEEDED!!!

i have had that happend to my old usb a lot. keep unplugging and plugging it until it works. it usually works 3-5 try.

Thanks Terri.
Swtvi3tboi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
gibigbig
Hacked this stupid title

gibigbig will become famous soon enoughgibigbig will become famous soon enoughgibigbig will become famous soon enough

yup, its possible for a flash drive to crash and just give gay errors, i had this happen to a few of mines. its a big possibility that the thing is busted or it may jus have permission issues cuz u said u cant access it. did u install a new OS recently, i heard that some usb drives encrypts data as soon as it is stored to prevent abuse but that the really new kinds so if u installed a new OS, the drive thinks thats it a new pc and will not allow access...kool huh
Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Here's the deal: Does the computer you're using it on have the drivers installed to use it? Not all flash drives are recognized right away and they sometimes need the internet to install them.

How old is the drive and when did the problem first start?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

maybe you have not taken the lock of your usb and that is why its not letting you access it. Second it may be that your memory stick is not compatible with the drive on your computer.

Third maybe your usb drive stick may have a corrupted file on it.

The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
gibigbig
Hacked this stupid title

gibigbig will become famous soon enoughgibigbig will become famous soon enoughgibigbig will become famous soon enough

actually darkaztec, xp and vista come with built in drivers for removable disks. i really doubt a flash drive will need software
Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
pyro_flame22
Genin

pyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to beholdpyro_flame22 is a splendid one to behold

I didnt install a new OS on the computer, although I installed a DVD writer a couple of months ago. The DVD writer works and the other USB sticks i have work. It just started happening yesterday. I've had the USB stick for almost a year and half.

OWNER of Rock Lee FC

Stuff

ROCK LEE FC

Fanclubs and Stuff
Owner of Rock Lee FC

DYNAMIC ENTRY!!!!!!!

Lee Vs Gaara Fight

Old 08-02-2007, 02:45 AM   #8
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

It's called a flash drive, not a "stick".

And check to see if you have the lock on.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
Medi08
Genin

Medi08 is on a distinguished roadMedi08 is on a distinguished road

This same thing happened to me. There isn't much you can do. I would keep unplugging it and pluging it back in to see if you can retrieve your files. It's gotta go to the trash. I lost everything I had on mine.

The plugging it in repeadtedly worked a few times, but then it erased all of my files, so get your stuff while you can and if you can't get it... well... you can't get it. Sorry.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

Unplug it and stick it in the other hole?
I'm no computer expert, but that works for me.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
pyro_flame22
Genin

Thanks guys I'll try ur solutions and hopefully i can get my files off the usb flash drive

OWNER of Rock Lee FC

Stuff

ROCK LEE FC

Fanclubs and Stuff
Owner of Rock Lee FC

DYNAMIC ENTRY!!!!!!!

Lee Vs Gaara Fight

Old 08-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Quote:
actually darkaztec, xp and vista come with built in drivers for removable disks. i really doubt a flash drive will need software
Not all dongles have their drivers built in. A number of them might use a special kind of software. I have one that makes things a lot easier to transfer really big files to and from it.

If it doesn't work on another computer, then it's probably the stick itself that isn't working.

(Also, how hard is it to spell my name right when it's right there in front of you?)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #13
dirk667
Claymore Addict

dirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud ofdirk667 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibigbig View Post
yeah, iv never had 2 install anything on any computers 2 access my files from a flash drive. i think it may have a bad connection if it continually refuses 2 work.
dirk667 is offline   Reply With Quote