Japanese Language Pack - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Computers

Computers Need help with a problem, or just want to talk about computers? Then this is the place to do that.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Japanese Language Pack

Hey guys. I've lost my Japanese language pack for the net when I rebooted my computer so I was hoping someone could provide me with a link for it. I don't know why I can't get it off my CD it worked last time. Thanks to anyone who replies with good information.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Japanese Language Pack

Yeah, god damn it, I need this too.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 AM   #3
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, first of all, most times you can just go to Control Panel > Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options > Regional and Language Options, then click on the "Languages" tab, and there should be an area that says "Supplemental Language Support". It'll ask if you want to install support for complex script and right-to-left languages, and also East Asian languages. Check the second one for East Asian languages, and it should install your Language Packs for Japanese, Chinese, and all those other East Asian languages.

If you're talking about to where you can actually type in Japanese and such, you need the Japanese Global IME, not the Language Pack... which you can find at Download.com. When you download it, click "Run" and install it, then go to the same Regional and Language Options window, click on the Languages tab, and this time, click on the "Details" button in the "Text services and input languages". From there you can install an input method editor/keyboard for Japanese and other languages.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
Well, first of all, most times you can just go to Control Panel > Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options > Regional and Language Options, then click on the "Languages" tab, and there should be an area that says "Supplemental Language Support". It'll ask if you want to install support for complex script and right-to-left languages, and also East Asian languages. Check the second one for East Asian languages, and it should install your Language Packs for Japanese, Chinese, and all those other East Asian languages.
When I do that, it asks me to insert Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 into my D: drive. Supposedly to copy the files from there. But I don't have the CD for Service Pack 2, only a Windows XP installation disk from way back in the day (Service Pack... 1a?). So, it can't be installed correctly. I only need my Windows XP installation disk for complex right to left languages, but I need Windows Service Pack 2 for East Asian languages.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
YondaimeUzumaki
Chuunin

YondaimeUzumaki has a spectacular aura aboutYondaimeUzumaki has a spectacular aura aboutYondaimeUzumaki has a spectacular aura aboutYondaimeUzumaki has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
If you're talking about to where you can actually type in Japanese and such, you need the Japanese Global IME, not the Language Pack... which you can find at Download.com. When you download it, click "Run" and install it, then go to the same Regional and Language Options window, click on the Languages tab, and this time, click on the "Details" button in the "Text services and input languages". From there you can install an input method editor/keyboard for Japanese and other languages.
Thanks for that i thought you needed a Japanese keyboard to type in Japanese =.=, thanks for educating me . Although I can't help you with your problem Ninja i had the same problem on XP and it was already working on Vista so I guess you need the service pack or microsoft dload...

Onion Head Emotes, Taking over Naruto Lounge one post at a time...

Last edited by YondaimeUzumaki; 08-04-2007 at 12:59 PM.
YondaimeUzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

You can try microsofts download center, but if you don't mind having a pc that can only read Japanese on the internet only and allows you to type it, then download NJStar or AsianSuite
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

When I try downloading it off of the Microsoft website, it STILL asks me to insert Windows Service Pack 2. Like, wtf.