Naruto, a failure? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #1
KoNg
Chuunin

Location: I ran away to become a graffiti artist....find me...TeK28
KoNg can only hope to improve
Naruto, a failure?

I can't help but think..is Naruto still a failure? I believe yes, because if you think about it, Naruto is still the immature kid he once was, got a little brighter with more strategy (but not to be compared with others),and has two main jutsu. Hmmm, compared to everyone else, Naruto is a one trick pony that if this wasn't his show he'd be easily murdered. Also if it wasn't for his godly rasengan he probably wouldn't have made it past the time skip IMO. At least Sakura knows many medical jutsus and herbs, cures, w/e and Sasuke has his awesome new genjutsu, and various forms of chidori, not to forget Oro's snake abilities, but Naruto still has his ole bunshin, and oh so great rasengan....

But thats just my opinion, whats yours?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #2
Tsukuyomi
Missing-Nin

Tsukuyomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto, a failure?

^novody can beat naruto from his age group except sasuke lma0o0oo kid naruto isn't a failure your thread is.
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNg View Post
I can't help but think..is Naruto still a failure? I believe yes, because if you think about it, Naruto is still the immature kid he once was, got a little brighter with more strategy (but not to be compared with others),and has two main jutsu. Hmmm, compared to everyone else, Naruto is a one trick pony that if this wasn't his show he'd be easily murdered. Also if it wasn't for his godly rasengan he probably wouldn't have made it past the time skip IMO. At least Sakura knows many medical jutsus and herbs, cures, w/e and Sasuke has his awesome new genjutsu, and various forms of chidori, not to forget Oro's snake abilities, but Naruto still has his ole bunshin, and oh so great rasengan....

But thats just my opinion, whats yours?
Yes Naruto is a failure. But sense his back story is finally unfolding we may see a drastic change in him mentally after Jiraiya dies & he's finally tolled about his parents. But as of right now he fails at being a Ninja. At the rate Naruto is going he'll never be hokage unless Kakashi happens to die.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Ev0luti0n_X
Genin

Ev0luti0n_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Naruto isnt a Failure, Not even close. Define "Failure". He gives everything his got anytime something important comes up. To me, Failure is someone whos not willing to try or just gave up all of a sudden. Naruto failed to get Sasuke back but that doesnt make him a Failure, his still trying. Plus, i believe he has more tricks coming up. Each one of Team 07 has different skills.
Edit: maybe in a way, he is to some people b/c he cant please everyones need. <------ that reason is probably why i think Naruto is not a failure.

Last edited by Ev0luti0n_X; 08-25-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Ev0luti0n_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 AM   #5
ninjaXshinigami
Genin

ninjaXshinigami is an unknown quantity at this point

yea naruto is still a failure cuz he still cant control his demon fox chakra even after those 2.5 years of training with the sennin jiraiya

Elite member of the 13 protection squads
ninjaXshinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #6
lsumd2011
Genin

lsumd2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

He doesn't fail really. I mean the kid is strong as hell when you think about. He's already surpassed the 4th with his wind rasengan (just in that one regard mind you). Most of his other abilities haven't been shown post time skip, but you don't train with pervy hermit for 2.5 years and come back with just what's been show, mark my words. What Naruto needs more that anything else is maturity, he's still far too immature as it is right now, though I think with things going as they are right now, he going to be changing real quick real soon.

Quote:
yea naruto is still a failure cuz he still cant control his demon fox chakra even after those 2.5 years of training with the sennin jiraiya
Actually I think he can control it to some degree. Back during the whole 4 tail thing, Jiraiya said that rage was the main cause of the 4 tails transformation. Basically Naruto is in control if the 9 tail's chakra, but when he gets pissed he'll lose control of it. Kind of like the hulk, just redder, and meaner.

Last edited by lsumd2011; 08-25-2007 at 12:47 AM.
lsumd2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:06 AM   #7
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Yes, imo, Naruto's a failure and here's my reasons:

- He failed twice at retrieving Sasuke like he promised to Sakura

- He failed at using only his own chakra while in battles like he wanted

- He failed at completing the jutsu that his father left behind

In the future, I'll be sure that Naruto won't continue to fail as much, but will have success in whatever he does. Remember, that's future tense...

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

When I say failure I'm referring to how he acts as a ninja. He's still reckless & isn't all that stealthy. I think the rank of genin suits him just fine as of now because he's still acting like one. He's a failure in his mission to becoming Hokage. Sure he's strong probably one of the best in Konoha but as a leader he fails. Which above anything else including saving Sasuke takes top priority. He's been boosting about becoming Hokage sense the begining of the manga. I agree with Jiraiya when he says that naruto is a long ways off.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #9
katonha
Hunter-Nin

katonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
When I say failure I'm referring to how he acts as a ninja. He's still reckless & isn't all that stealthy. I think the rank of genin suits him just fine as of now because he's still acting like one. He's a failure in his mission to becoming Hokage. Sure he's strong probably one of the best in Konoha but as a leader he fails. Which above anything else including saving Sasuke takes top priority. He's been boosting about becoming Hokage sense the begining of the manga. I agree with Jiraiya when he says that naruto is a long ways off.
I agree with you, but Naruto will get there sooner or later. Having that leadership and the intelligence it requires to be a successfull leader will come to himm as time goes on, and as the events become even bigger he will ahve to learn. That is the only way he can be good at being a ninja. It was ok to be the way he is now in part one, but if he ever hopes to do missons on his own or lead missions, he is going to have to get with the program.

A Member of The Dragonball Z Fan Club
A Member of The Avatar: The last airbender FC
katonha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:32 AM   #10
EightDX
Genin

EightDX is on a distinguished road

Some people might define him as a failure -- after all, he barely got out of the Academy (and arguably should not have become a Genin at that time... but Iruka's a sucker for that sort of stuff, I suppose), and when most of his age group is at the Chuunin level or higher (hell, Gaara's the freaking Kazekage), he's still a lowly Genin who had to whine a bit to get included on more important assignments.

...but let's not forget that he's one of the most persistent individuals around, the one who is either giving his all or not giving at all. He might even think of himself as a failure at times, but it is his will to persevere despite the massive obstacles in front of him that sets him apart.

He might make mistakes, but he at least tries to learn from them. That and he cares about his friends all too much... he might not be a textbook success, but failure doesn't exactly fit him well.
The guns were empty and they boiled at him, transmogrified into an Eye and a Hand, and he stood, screaming and reloading, his mind far away and absent, letting his hands do their reloading trick. Could he hold up a hand, tell them he had spent a thousand years learning this trick and others, tell them of the guns and the blood that had blessed them? Not with his mouth. But his hands could speak their own tale.

The Dark Tower
EightDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:34 AM   #11
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

I just hate the fact he uses the same moves. Also the rasengan, which the 4th came up with on his own is not even a special move anymore. Naruto uses it as if its the transformation jutsu. He's also improved that jutsu and KB. He should have learnt more techniques when he was with Jiraya not just how to control Kyubbis chakra. He should have also had a weapon to use. I'm just thinking as the main character he doesn't have enough qualities. The only reason he is so strong is because of the Kyubbi. Also how the hell does he beat people with his Naruto combo. 4 of him sliding underneath how hard could that possibly be to dodge.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #12
EightDX
Genin

EightDX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodkid View Post
I just hate the fact he uses the same moves.
Aside from Sharingan users (who basically steal EVERYBODY'S jutsus), most of the characters in the Narutoverse are, arguably, one trick ponies. Aside from the standard ninja fighting stuff, most moves are direct rehashes or variants of other moves. Almost every character acts in a formulaic manner -- making out-of-character moments all the more meaningful.

I think Kishi knows that people are affected by change, so he establishes constants more often than not. And then when new things come up, everyone goes "Woah!" and is impressed.

It's not exactly writing genius, but it's not dumb writing either, I suppose.
The guns were empty and they boiled at him, transmogrified into an Eye and a Hand, and he stood, screaming and reloading, his mind far away and absent, letting his hands do their reloading trick. Could he hold up a hand, tell them he had spent a thousand years learning this trick and others, tell them of the guns and the blood that had blessed them? Not with his mouth. But his hands could speak their own tale.

The Dark Tower
EightDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #13
lsumd2011
Genin

lsumd2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDX View Post
Aside from Sharingan users (who basically steal EVERYBODY'S jutsus), most of the characters in the Narutoverse are, arguably, one trick ponies. Aside from the standard ninja fighting stuff, most moves are direct rehashes or variants of other moves. Almost every character acts in a formulaic manner -- making out-of-character moments all the more meaningful.

I think Kishi knows that people are affected by change, so he establishes constants more often than not. And then when new things come up, everyone goes "Woah!" and is impressed.

Well you have to look at from the standpoint of if it aint broke, don't fix it. They might be one trick ponies, but when the tricks work 99% of the time, can you really balme them? I mean hell, the 4th got his nickname from using 1 jutsu over and over again, but that was all it took.
lsumd2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:28 AM   #14
Babyface BK
<3===BK

Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDX View Post

Neji uses may use similar techniques but he uses them in such a way you can't call him a one trick pony. Rock Lee is a taijusu user so you won't see much of the same combos. Shino uses bugs, I don't know what techniques he's got but whatever. TenTen always throws out different weapons. Ino is a one trick pony. Shikamaru has one too many tricks. Chouji is a one trick pony. Hinata uses taijutsu so you don't see same moves. Kiba is one trick pony. Its only in tight situations some of these lot come up with something really special.

"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #15
Tsukuyomi
Missing-Nin

Tsukuyomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Naruto isn't a failure he gives 120% all the time he would die to protect his friends has a very good heart and is going to surpass his own father the greatest shinobi ever.

To the kid who said can't control kyuubi dude he can control up to 3 tails that's enough for now.

Naruto now has the strongest jutsu and it's only half complete failure i think not. Not one person in his age group can beat him not one perhaps sasuke is the only actaully, nej kiba....... he would fuckthem up like no tommorw.

Nauro fights with his own power not relying on kyuubi anymore that is a sign of great maturaty sasuke still uses the cs in every fight more than once.

He should be granted the title of jounin along with sasuke for what they did over these 2.5 years everyone else looks like a fucking newb compared to them.

trcik pony why don't you use your head when you say that.

sasuke uses 4 variations of chidori,summoing,snake jutsu AND CS EVERY TIME.

naruto uses rasengan,odama,rasengan,duuton rasengan,and rasenshuriken,summoing,and just like sasuke uses snake jutsu naruto uses tajju kage bushinn,wepon sealing.

And he doesn't use kyuubi anymore infact he beat an aka by himself without any booster so keep talking shit on him you obicously hating when you say kyuubi cause he doesn't use him anymore.

Who gives a shit what jutsu he uses both naruto and sasuke pretty much do the same shit over and over again but hey that's why they are the top 2 people out of their age group and actually beat aka without help while none of the other newbsd can even try and attempt that cause neji,lee,kiba...... would be all dead if they tried taking deidara or kakauzu.

Last edited by Tsukuyomi; 08-25-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote