Avatar Season 3 Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:55 AM   #16
kidmac1
Benny Blanco

kidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Avatar Season 3 Disscusion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraku View Post
who cares if its made in america it still animated thus its anime and this show is by far better than any dumb old super hero genra cartoon that has come out in the last 20 years by far avatar is way better both in animation and in story lines than any thing out of marvel or dc comics. Thus this is why i put it on the anime thread becuase i think anime is better than cartoons so i define avatar under anime becuase its better than any cartoon and it follows a certain story line or plot like all anime.

so is every one ready for friday night for avatar season 3 episode 2 this friday at 7:30 eastern central time on nickelodion.

First of all if something is animated it doesn't mean its anime. Second Marvel and DC had the best "cartoons" around when I was little. Avatar is really good and the only "cartoon" I watch nowdays but its not better then X-Men or Spiderman was, and maybe some others. The show was created by "Americans"

Now since your age "says" 19 that would make you 2 yrs older then me, meaning that you at least seen some of those cartoons. So the only way you could have a negative tone about those classics is your at least one of the following:

1.Your Asian: not to seem racist but most Asians I've meet say all American cartoons suck

2.Your a anime-maniac

3.You weren't allowed/didn't have a T.V when you were younger

or 4. You didn't grow old in America or Canada

I can't believe you said Marvel and DC cartoons are dumb and had no stroy.....

My last piece is at least they had their own original story lines with unique characters, unlike in anime where 85% of everything is recycled(even the names)

Member of:
kidmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #17
blake
Hunter-Nin

blake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura aboutblake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
who cares if its made in america it still animated thus its anime and this show is by far better than any dumb old super hero genra cartoon that has come out in the last 20 years by far avatar is way better both in animation and in story lines than any thing out of marvel or dc comics. Thus this is why i put it on the anime thread becuase i think anime is better than cartoons so i define avatar under anime becuase its better than any cartoon and it follows a certain story line or plot like all anime.

so is every one ready for friday night for avatar season 3 episode 2 this friday at 7:30 eastern central time on nickelodion.
yeah ur wrong. japanese animated cartoons are anime. avatar is american so its not anime
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 PM   #18
skwee
Hunter-Nin

skwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these parts

Anime is a style of art,and just like cubism and impressionism,it can be done by anyone from any country.

On topic:I cant wait for the new episode,we finally see what life is like for commoners in the fire nation.

"There are things you want to hear,and things you need to hear,
and I am here to tell them to you..."-Skwee
skwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
queenofaliens85
Genin

queenofaliens85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally can't wait for the new episode as well.

I not saying this is official but on Fanfiction.net Avatar is classified as anime. <ducks as a she figures something is going to come flying at my hear>

I personally remember some of those good American cartoons (Go X-Men, and Spider-man). Those were pretty decent for at least what I wanted for a child for cartoons.
queenofaliens85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #20
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

RasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of light

New episode was really good and funny. Liked the dancing part as well.

"Will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?"
RasenganFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #21
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

first of im not asian i am mexican american so i own my own land and im native to texas second i dont like anime as much as you said. Third i did have a tv as shocking as it may be to you i own a tv my own house and truck shocking is it not that some one that dosent like dc or marvel can have such things.

And last im pretty bored of watching cartoons were all the characters wear spandex out fits and have the same powers and same plots as always.

Plus avatar actually is set in a realistic frame were all the things they portray on the show are true and have happened in the real world.

i dosent matter if avatar is anime or cartoon it just rocks better than any other show out there.

The episode was awesome love how aang and katara were water bending and fighting while making it look like a dance. Best season so far.

The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #22
RasenganFox
Thunder Sage

RasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of lightRasenganFox is a glorious beacon of light

Small theory here:

I personaly think that Aang's friend could have been Zuko's grandfather aka the previous firelord before his father. I don't know why, but for some reason I think that. I'm probably wrong, but meh.

"Will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?"
RasenganFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #23
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

I thought it was good, even though the second episode was pretty much the equivalent of pure filler. The first episode sort of made plot-critical people like me think there was something deeper going on. It's pretty obvious that Azulla is pulling all of the strings.

I think she told her father that Zuko killed the Avatar because she held back purposely to keep the Avatar alive. She probably plans to keep the Avatar alive so that he can kill her father. By definition the fire lord's son becomes fire lord, but once Azulla slays the avatar and reveals her brother as a fraud, she will become the ruler of fire.

Well that's just my little theory of obviousness over there, comment as you wish.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:33 AM   #24
katonha
Hunter-Nin

katonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enough

Damn.
I had somethig to do today and i had to miss it. And i don't see it coming on tommorrow or the day after that. Could somebody post it online as soon as they can or somethin because i wanted to see it.

A Member of The Dragonball Z Fan Club
A Member of The Avatar: The last airbender FC
katonha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:15 AM   #25
Ninja Mike 808
Chuunin

Ninja Mike 808 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can find it on Youtube. I had to watch it on Youtube cause DirecTV sucks balls... For some reason my recorded shows cause my DVR/ receiver to restart it's self instantly. Gayness.

On topic: There's a lot of arguing nonsense going on as to wether it's anime or cartoon. It's both. It's an American cartoon that is anime inspired. I wouldn't call it an anime cause it isn't specifically identical to the definition of anime. Neither would I call it a cartoon for it's obvious non-American influences, in addition to it's non-cartoon-like format. I do, too, love the old X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons from the ole days... But, I'd have to agree, Avatar is the shiznit. I couldn't say if it's better, tho, what I can say is that it's not as intelligent as Bugs Bunny(oh yea, I went there). Fuck all that, tho, no one needs to argue 'bout these meaningless opinionated thoughts.

Back to the original topic: I like it so far. I thought the 2nd episode expressed somethin' important to me; which was how it sort of mimicked what is goin' on in certain middle eastern countries where their dictatorship is teaching the kids lies... But, what country doesn't teach lies? Anyways, shit was dope, mighty funny as always. I can't wait for the next couple episodes. Sokka needs to learn how to do somethin', damn it!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #26
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
first of im not asian i am mexican american so i own my own land and im native to texas second i dont like anime as much as you said. Third i did have a tv as shocking as it may be to you i own a tv my own house and truck shocking is it not that some one that dosent like dc or marvel can have such things.

And last im pretty bored of watching cartoons were all the characters wear spandex out fits and have the same powers and same plots as always.

Plus avatar actually is set in a realistic frame were all the things they portray on the show are true and have happened in the real world.

That's true. Fire benders almost took over my land, till me and some of my air bender friends put a stop to them.
---------

This season better have Aang actually kill some people, I'm sick of there being no progress in fighting the fire lord.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #27
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
That's true. Fire benders almost took over my land, till me and some of my air bender friends put a stop to them.
---------
I'm not sure what he meant, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion View Post
This season better have Aang actually kill some people, I'm sick of there being no progress in fighting the fire lord.
I agree, the people in Avatar are FAR too soft. Do you have any idea how many opportunities Iroh has had to kill the enemy but didn't take it? Zuko could have killed Kitara a million times by now, as well as the avatar AND his friends. For example, when Kitara had a hold of Azulla, instead of attacking the bonds, he could have attacked Kitara directly and scorched her.

I'm not sure anybody has died on purpose yet in avatar AT ALL.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #28
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

yeah people have died in the show season 2 episode 17 or 18 lake laogai jet was killed by the minister of the dai lee and in season one episode 20 admiral chao was killed by sea spirit.

The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:08 AM   #29
kidmac1
Benny Blanco

kidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
first of im not asian i am mexican american so i own my own land and im native to texas second i dont like anime as much as you said.
I really don't wanna keep this going but you made it so easy, plus I'm bored. First what does owning your own land and having a truck(lol) have to do with liking Marvel or DC.

Quote:
Third i did have a tv as shocking as it may be to you i own a tv my own house and truck shocking is it not that some one that dosent like dc or marvel can have such things.
Why would I be shocked if you/someone else didn't have a T.V? As "you" should know there are poor people that live in this world too, so I just listed a possible option.

And why do you keep talking about having a truck and owning your own land, as if it makes you cool or something???

Quote:
I can't argue about being bored with current super heroes cartoons cause there pretty Cornie now days. But just about all of anime his at last one Naruto type character. Naruto type character means: Big mouth Bastard that makes people turn over a new leaf, by yelling and cry like a little bitch.

Quote:
Huh?? Hold on so were you live people can bend elements, and get arrow tattoos on their foreheads when they learn how to ride on air bubbles??? Oh now I know how you got your "land" and your "truck"......................:rolley es:

Quote:
i dosent matter if avatar is anime or cartoon it just rocks better than any other show out there.
Now your starting to get it

Quote:
The episode was awesome love how aang and katara were water bending and fighting while making it look like a dance. Best season so far.
Yeah the show seems like its getting really good again if you like the whole Harry Potter meets Grease Lightening with fruity dancing............

JK lol It was pretty good plus I like the whole Zuko getting some play bits.

Member of:
kidmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:55 AM   #30
Naruto.Haruno
Banned

Naruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of light

LOL @ people thinking "since it's American, it's not anime".

Naruto.Haruno is offline   Reply With Quote