Avatar Season 3 Discussion Thread - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:10 AM   #106
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of
Re: Avatar Season 3 Disscusion Thread

I hope that they dont end it with this book, i think they could still do more after defeating the fire lord. Cause someone will try and take his place, like his daughter? Plus i hope they spend alot of time with these battles to come and not make it last 1-2 episodes.

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #107
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

man that episode was fraking awesome i like avatar no matter how doll or boring its seems to everyone. I actually like avatar more than naruto or shippuden by a mile. But the only draw back to avatar it takes so long to make the episodes and the seasons are all just twenty episodes long but man the wait is worth it.

man did azula and tai lee look good. Makes me want to fight some firebenders now that be a good fight.

The Look of Innocence
Hiraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #108
Kunoichi24
Genin

Kunoichi24 will become famous soon enoughKunoichi24 will become famous soon enough

I loved this episode! I was laughing so hard. I even like Mai more now, since she finally showed something. Yelling at the others was great. The confessions were what they needed.

I loved this line, from Azula, "My mother thought I was a monster. I mean, I was, but it still hurt." lol

OWNER

Fanclubs

Naruto Shippuden FC
Anti-Sasuke FC
Co-Owner of the Rock Lee FC
Owner of the Avatar: the last airbender FC
Kunoichi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #109
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

TOGETHER WE WILL BE THE STRONGEST COUPLE IN THE WORLD. xD

Co-Owner
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #110
Hiraku
Puppet Master

Hiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of lightHiraku is a glorious beacon of light

gotta love that crazy as AZULA.

that would be and intresting experience indeed.

The Look of Innocence
Old 10-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #111
queenofaliens85
Genin

queenofaliens85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought her competitive spirit at the volleyball match was funny. I was also laughing at the fan girls oggaling Zuko.
queenofaliens85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:52 AM   #112
Hiraku
Puppet Master

that be an intresting way to live in the fire nation.

The Look of Innocence
Old 10-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #113
katonha
Hunter-Nin

katonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enough

Had to miss the episode again. Man, i guess i will just have to wait to see it on Youtube. It sounds pretty good from what i have heard from you guys.

A Member of The Dragonball Z Fan Club
A Member of The Avatar: The last airbender FC
katonha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #114
wolf brigade
Academy Student

wolf brigade is on a distinguished roadwolf brigade is on a distinguished road

hey guys... i know im late to this thread but whats happenin

I havent really been watching avatar.. nor do i know much about it. But isnt it like a disney anime! lol... it cant be that good!? can it?

I like the sound of elimental skills, but whats it all about, could someone gimme a rough story line run down?

Like anyone would be, i am flattered by your, fascination with me
I dont think you unworthy, i need a moment, to deliberate
wolf brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #115
katonha
Hunter-Nin

katonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enoughkatonha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf brigade View Post
hey guys... i know im late to this thread but whats happenin

I havent really been watching avatar.. nor do i know much about it. But isnt it like a disney anime! lol... it cant be that good!? can it?

I like the sound of elimental skills, but whats it all about, could someone gimme a rough story line run down?
I guess i will do the Honor of telling you.

Or i could give you a quote from Wiki that i like.
Here.
Quote From Wiki
Avatar: The Last Airbender takes place in a fantasy world, home to humans, fantastic animals, and supernatural spirits. Human civilization is divided into four nations, the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Air Nomads, and the Fire Nation. Within each nation, an order of men and women called "Benders" have the ability to manipulate their native element. These Bending arts combine a certain style of martial arts and elemental mysticism. The Bending types are Waterbending, Earthbending, Firebending, and Airbending.

In each generation, one person is capable of Bending all four elements; this is the Avatar, the spirit of the planet manifested in human form. When the Avatar dies, he or she is reincarnated into an unborn baby native in the next of the four nations in the Avatar Cycle, which parallels the seasons: winter for water, spring for earth, summer for fire, and autumn for air.[12] While legend holds that the Avatar must master the elements in order, starting with their native element, this can sometimes be compromised when the situation requires it. Learning to bend the element opposite one's native element is extremely difficult because opposing Bending arts are based on opposing fighting styles and doctrines. Firebending and Waterbending are opposites as are Earthbending and Airbending.

The Avatar possesses a unique power that resides within him or her, called the Avatar State. It is a defense mechanism that empowers the Avatar with the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. When the state is reached, the current Avatar will be able to wield the combined power of all past lives. When the Avatar enters this state, his or her eyes and mouth, and tattoos in the case of an Airbender, begin to glow. The glow is the representation of all the Avatar's previous incarnations focusing their energy through his or her body. However, if the Avatar is killed in the Avatar State, then the reincarnation cycle will be broken, and the Avatar will cease to exist.

Through the ages, countless incarnations of the Avatar have served to keep the four nations in harmony and maintain world order. The Avatar also serves as the bridge between the physical world and the Spirit World, home of the world's disembodied spirits.

A century prior to the series' opening, Aang, a 12-year-old Airbender of the Air Nomads' Southern Air Temple, learned from the elder monks that he was the Avatar. Usually, the Avatar is told of his or her true identity after turning sixteen; however, the monks feared that a war between the four nations was on the horizon and that soon the Avatar would be required to maintain balance and order in the world. Shortly thereafter, the monks decreed that Aang would be separated from his guardian, Monk Gyatso, and sent to the Eastern Air Temple to complete his training.

Confused, frightened, and overwhelmed by these recent events and his new responsibilities as the Avatar, Aang fled from his home on his flying bison, Appa. While traveling over frigid southern ocean waters, a sudden storm caused Appa to plunge deep into the sea. Aang unconsciously entered the Avatar State, and used a combination of Airbending and Waterbending to protect Appa and himself. By creating an air bubble around them and then freezing it, Aang was able to ensure that he and Appa could breathe and be protected from the storm until it dissipated. However, the storm transferred the bubble very near the south pole and it could not thaw, forcing the two of them into a state of suspended animation.

The series opens one hundred years later, with the Fire Nation on the brink of victory in its imperialist war. All of the Air Nomads have been destroyed. The Water Tribes are in crisis — the Southern Water Tribe's warriors have left to wage war, leaving their home defenseless, while the Northern Water Tribe, though largely intact, is continually on the defensive. The vast Earth Kingdom is now the only true barrier to the Fire Nation's conquest, but as the Fire Nation continues to encroach on its borders and conquer its territories, hopes of victory grow bleaker with each passing year.

Two teenage siblings from the Southern Water Tribe — Katara, an inexperienced Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, a warrior and caretaker of the tribe — discover and free Aang and Appa from the iceberg. Aang soon discovers to his horror that, during his absence, a century-long war has been waged. The very year he vanished, Fire Lord Sozin took advantage of both the Avatar's absence and the Firebending-enhancing powers of a passing comet (named "Sozin's Comet," for Fire Lord Sozin) to launch a war on the other nations. To Aang's shock and disbelief, the Fire Nation's opening gambit had been a genocidal assault on the Air Nomads. The Air Temples were stormed and the Airbenders slaughtered in the Fire Nation's effort to break the Avatar Cycle, leaving Aang as the last known Airbender in existence.

As the Avatar, Aang's duty is to restore harmony and peace to the four nations. Along with his newly discovered friends Katara and Sokka, his flying bison Appa and his winged lemur Momo, and later the blind Earthbender Toph, Aang travels the world to master all four elements. During his quest, he must constantly avoid being captured by the banished Prince Zuko and, later, Zuko's cleverly deceptive and fiery sister, Princess Azula, as well as the Combustion Man, an assasin Zuko hired to terminate Aang.

Tried to get everything important in, that's why so long.
It isn't a Disney cartoon, but it is a Nickoloden(however you spell it) cartoon. Even though it is, it is the closet thing you can get to an American like anime. Really good and you should start watching it.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #116
Sorayai Uchiha
Genin

Sorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of lightSorayai Uchiha is a glorious beacon of light

yesterday's episode was awesome, had me laughing the entire time =) azula was funny when she was talking to the dude and made fire in her hands haha. classic episode

Sasuke kicks ass.
Sorayai Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #117
Hiraku
Puppet Master

cant wait for the next episode to come out next friday.

The Look of Innocence
Old 10-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #118
katonha
Hunter-Nin

Funny episode. Saw it last night and was amuzing the whole time. Really liked how Zuko acted in this episode, especially when he started breaking stuff.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #119
I'MNOTCRAZY
ANBU

I'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enoughI'MNOTCRAZY will become famous soon enough

yeah...but i still don't like Mai...she's just getting more and more emo. it's not even funny anymore.

want to see what FC's I'm in? click V
I'MNOTCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #120
katonha
Hunter-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'MNOTCRAZY View Post
yeah...but i still don't like Mai...she's just getting more and more emo. it's not even funny anymore.
At least we know why she is so emo.