Whats up with the Hawk references. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Whip87
Genin

Whip87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up with the Hawk references.

I was just rereading some chapters and realized a second reference to sasuke to a hawk. When madara was on his statue he said something about sasuke either becoming a snake or a hawk. Obviously snake makes a referance to oro but what about hawk.

So the second place i am talking about was actually before this. When sasuke stood up against oro he referred to himself as a hawk. http://manga.bleachexile.com/naruto/344/14/

so whats up with these hawk references.
Whip87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
shinovsnaruto
Chuunin

shinovsnaruto is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats up with the Hawk references.

That is what he is. like Jiraya: Toad or sumthing like that

Naurto RPG FC live a life as a character, play with others, do awesome mission...Join Now

DO NOT OPEN SPOILER AND I MEAN IT OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!
NARUTO RPG FC!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCKS!!!!!!!
do not read ahead more ads

NARUTO RPG FC: Roleplay FC except you are a ninja only.
do not read on.

If you are read this AD and you are to join... keep opening these spoilers.

When you have read up to hear click on more spoilers go to the FC and type "I have read and I will join"

You must always stay active!!!!!!! Even if you are not going to join.

more ADS!!!!!!

no more

Naruto RPG FC
http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=23040
shinovsnaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
ksj777
Genin

ksj777 is an unknown quantity at this point

when he was battling Orochimaru, I think he was refering to his wings (just a wild guess). But in time, we'll find out
Old 10-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #4
#1 Bad Guy
Oakgyrl's Psychotic Husband

#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road#1 Bad Guy is on a distinguished road

well, the most obvious is Sasuke's appearance, who, in cursed seal level 2, looks alot like...a hawk. while Itachi seems to relate to ravens or crows. For some reason, it appears Uchiha's relate to some kind of bird of prey.

In the story, as it stands now, the hawk and snake references seem to relate to sasuke's strength and mindframe.

The Snake- which is what sasuke is at this time. A being concerned with nothing but revenge and as a result, evil and evil, selfish actions. The snake lives only to gain power and will destroy everything in persuit of its own goals. Like a snake, Sasuke can only see what is before him, much like Orochimaru was.

Hawk- What sasuke could become. Like his brother who is represented by the crow, Sasuke could be a bird of prey. One in tune with the powers of his own clan that is able to see the bigger picture. A hawk flies above and is able to see all. Even more powerful than the snake.

Either Sasuke remains a snake, using oro's teachings and snake jutsu to obtain his goals or he sheds all that and becomes a true uhchia, a bird of prey like his brother, a crow, usuing Uchiha jutsu and teachings......mainly his sharingan.

^^thats what it all meant to me.

Last edited by #1 Bad Guy; 10-05-2007 at 12:19 AM.
#1 Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
Nexus
Susano'o Legend

Nexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant futureNexus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy View Post
well, the most obvious is Sasuke's appearance, who, in cursed seal level 2, looks alot like...a hawk. while Itachi seems to relate to ravens or crows. For some reason, it appears Uchiha's relate to some kind of bird of prey.

In the story, as it stands now, the hawk and snake references seem to relate to sasuke's strength and mindframe.

The Snake- which is what sasuke is at this time. A being concerned with nothing but revenge and as a result, evil and evil, selfish actions. The snake lives only to gain power and will destroy everything in persuit of its own goals. Like a snake, Sasuke can only see what is before him, much like Orochimaru was.

Hawk- What sasuke could become. Like his brother who is represented by the crow, Sasuke could be a bird of prey. One in tune with the powers of his own clan that is able to see the bigger picture. A hawk flies above and is able to see all. Even more powerful than the snake.

Either Sasuke remains a snake, using oro's teachings and snake jutsu to obtain his goals or he sheds all that and becomes a true uhchia, a bird of prey like his brother, a crow, usuing Uchiha jutsu and teachings......mainly his sharingan.

And which route do you believe that Sasuke will take?

[
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 AM   #6
satansilent
Jounin

satansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bad Guy View Post

good Point.I'm die until found which way he choose because you know that Itachi never kill his lovely brother and make himself just test object!(sad ending)
Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 AM   #7
Tankynator
Genin

Tankynator is on a distinguished road

I remember there was a theory about the Uchiha Clan descending from some kind of Bird-God: I don't know when it was posted or something, but it had some references to where this god had been shown as a statue (Konoha temple when Hidan and Kakuzu attack) or any other kind of image (Uchiha hideout).

Uchiha Madara would be the son of this mythological creature and a Hyuuga woman.

After all this theory could be true since the chapters mentioned above weren't out when this theory was made, but the Sasuke/Oro fight and the hawk reference as well as Itachi's repeating crow-genjutsu and Tobi's words seem to strengthen it.
Tankynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #8
satansilent
Jounin

satansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enough

I think thats Tengu theory.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
Tankynator
Genin

Tankynator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yep, that's what I meant.
Tankynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
Ultimate Ninja Nidaime
Chuunin

Ultimate Ninja Nidaime is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansilent View Post
I'm wondering where people could get the information to create such a theory. It's absolutely believable and logical as well. Where do those guys get their information? But back to the hawks. I think when talking about hawks people always think of them as proud creatures. Moreover Sasuke's phase 2 and the tengu statue, which was shown somewhere in the manga really do remind me of a hawk.

Ultimate Ninja Nidaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin

YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road

Yeah the Tengu theory was cool but how the heck did they come up with that? To me it was awesome and I would love it if it tied in with the story, but man, even I thought it was a real kishi thing for a while lol.

I think that Sasuke will eventually become a hawk, Kabutoro has the snake of the series spot covered at least until he dies. And Sasuke's elitist attitude and uber nin-jesus powers just make me think he's got major parts to play that a snake just can't, only a hawk can see above all, and only Sasuke can ascend to the next level of this whole series (he is Kishi's fav after all, Naruto is the freakin middle child of his own series lol).
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #12
satansilent
Jounin

the guy who wrote that theory said by himself that he read the manga carefully and search in some ancient story of the japans!
furthermore he have a sharp mind too
Old 10-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #13
Craigkage
Jounin

Craigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura about

They are Ninja basketball teams he's gonna join... Konoha Hawk's or the Sound Snake Superstars

Craigkage is now the proud owner of a Dragon Box
Craigkage is offline   Reply With Quote