Abortion - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 12-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #76
Greendayfan82905
Chuunin

Greendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to allGreendayfan82905 is a name known to all
Re: Abortion

You're not forcing the person to keep the baby. They could give it up for adoption if they wish to.
Desori
redninja116

Awesome NL friends:

gaaraofthesand.1234
tenkaichymaster
Greendayfan82905 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #77
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

You ARE forcing the person to HAVE a baby. That's what the concern is. It is taking power out of a woman's hands because some people have a moral objection to it while others do not. Keep your rosaries off my ovaries, kthxbai.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #78
jsaviers
Chuunin

jsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of lightjsaviers is a glorious beacon of light

That is all good arguement, but the question is more of a "are we taking life with an abortion or not?"
I believe we are but I've seen how my sister reacted after her abortion. She said it felt all wrong and couldn't sleep for weeks. It is a HUGE decision and one not taken lightly.

True Strength.
...Courage.
...Wisdom.
Not from this Sacrifice.

The HAHA Guy
member of Uzumaki Naruto FC

Check out this Site.
http://ffcentral.forumsfree.org/index.htm

It seems I am Co-Owner of the Final Fantasy FC
jsaviers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #79
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorain27 View Post
What I'm seeing is that Pro-lifers are forcing their morality onto others. You are FORCING someone with an unwanted baby to keep it, and at the very least go through the pain of pregnancy, the stigma of being an unwed mother, and the financial problems of keeping the baby/emotional problems of putting it up for adoption. Yes, they can put the baby up for adoption, where it will undoubtedly postpone the adoption of another child, perhaps shunting another child out of a loving family.

I hate inflammatory remarks, but I'll say one right now:

PRO-LIFE IS CRUELTY

Yes, an aborted child may have grown up to be Gandhi, but he also might have grown up to be a druggy/murderer/drunk, etc. No use talking about possibilities.
i agree.. finally i post i can agree on with this subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendayfan82905 View Post
You're not forcing the person to keep the baby. They could give it up for adoption if they wish to.
Your right and they could.. thats why there are options out there.. Still there isnt anyone that has the right to tell someone what they can and can not do with their own bodies..and they shouldnt be judged either..
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #80
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

What defines a fetus as being alive or not? Ah, that's right. Many religious zealots outside of abortion clinics always tell me that their is life at conception. But hey, that's faith.

Honestly, I think of it the same as having a vegetable getting the plug pulled on them. No harm, no foul.

And isn't it always funny to see that places that are pro-life are almost always pro death penalty as well? Isn't that hypocritical?

PS: Making it illegal won't stop it. The World Health Organization estimates about 19 million unsafe abortions happen every year (mostly in developing countries where it is illegal). At least let the women have a SAFE abortion? (Here's some reading with references.)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Old 12-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #81
Kaine
Ch-Check It Out

Kaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud ofKaine has much to be proud of

Abortion was a huge problem about 40 years ago when it was illegal ,as a result many women ended up dead from the bad use of abortion tools.A movie was made some years ago about the judge that had to deciede if abortion should be illegal or not.I say abortion isn't something wrong.Sure someone that tries to have kids and can't is furstrated if someone else does abortion.But consider this if everyone was forced to keep unwanted pregnancies it is almost certain that more childer will end up abonded or grow up in a hostille enviroment.

DE FUCK YOU GUYS
DE FUCK!

Last edited by Kaine; 12-27-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:40 AM   #82
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

My first post is going to be in the Abortion Thread

Quote:
The world is overpopulated as it is, more babies just contribute to more pollution, more urban decay, loss of nature.

Religion just proves itself to be a crock as history progresses. When black slavery was to be abolished, the church opposed it. When woman voting was to be allowed, the church opposed it. Why should be trust or listen to a church's abortion stance? That's right. We shouldn't.

Edited to add: Also, I dislike the social stigma associated with it. I don't feel it's right to look down upon a woman who's had an abortion when you don't know the whole story.

Last edited by Mashed Potato; 12-28-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Mashed Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #83
Endless Hope
Academy Student

Endless Hope is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really think it is right at all. But I suppose it is the women's body so her choice. But you should not have sex unless your ready for a baby.

Everybody dies someday...
Endless Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #84
Tookaipai
Azalea Jacques

Tookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to allTookaipai is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato-sama View Post
I don't think anyone should tell people what to do. But don't you think that if you became pregnant, either by means of an accident or rape or whatever, that it would be right to carry out the birth? The child, since conception, has become a life in the womb. Go through with carrying the baby, and then have a c-section if you don't want to go though pain. If afterward you don't want to have a child ever, or not yet, then give it up for adoption. Abortion IS murder weather you think so or not. The life cycle of the child has started the moment of fertilization. Sorry buddy. I just don't fully agree with you on this one.
Adoption- Many people say that by having an abortion the mother experiences sever psychological issues, yet by giving up the baby for adoption after all ready forming a close personal bond with the child, wont the mother be even more traumatized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
then thats your personal choice and good for you and but no one has the right to force that opinion on anyone else.. and a baby doesnt have a heart beat until clear around the 12 and 13 month

you know what you are so lucky that it didnt show part two of that video
Umm mystik, the gestation period for a human is 9 months... I think you meant the 12 and 13 week?

Quote:
Heres the thing, if abortion was made illegal of course adoption would be possible, but what liberty will be taken next? No alcohol because it hurts your liver which is 'living'?
Neither the government nor the church should have the power of telling a woman what to do to her body.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #85
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Mashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the roughMashed Potato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Hope View Post
I don't really think it is right at all. But I suppose it is the women's body so her choice. But you should not have sex unless your ready for a baby.
I think it's fine to have sex before you're ready for a baby... you just need to have proper contraception :/

also have to add that I think pro-choice allows the most freedom for everyone. If you're pro-life, then you have the choice of not aborting your baby. BUT if abortion was made to be legal, it would only benefit pro-lifers...

Last edited by Mashed Potato; 01-06-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Mashed Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #86
sesshoumaru hyuuga
Genin

sesshoumaru hyuuga is an unknown quantity at this point

people should just wear condoms... and take the pill

sesshoumaru hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #87
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesshoumaru hyuuga View Post
people should just wear condoms... and take the pill
Eh, sometimes condoms break.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #88
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potato View Post
Eh, sometimes condoms break.
.2% of the time, though.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #89
Mashed Potato
sunshine and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
.2% of the time, though.
Don't know about that statistic but it seems plausible.
Why anyone would choose abortion over contraceptives though? (sesshoumaru hyuuga's post sort of implies that) Abortion is pricey and a hassle whereas condoms are a trip to the pharmacy.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #90
DarkAztek
Sand Man

Condoms only have about a 98% effectiveness at stopping pregnancy... If used CORRECTLY. There's a lot that can go wrong in many different ways. And even then... If you have sex 50 times, a condom is likely to break at least once. The odds aren't that amazing.

People don't just say, "Yeah, let's fuck without any protection because we'll just get an abortion." That's bullshit.