Sage of 6 paths. Which body Pein is in - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #31
ksj777
Genin

ksj777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sage of 6 paths. Which body Pein is in

good theory. I feel that it's right...

Old 12-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #32
Distortion
Special Jounin

Distortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to beholdDistortion is a splendid one to behold

In real life, the "Six Realms" are six divisions of possible states of ''rebirth" in Buddhist cosmology. While I was watching the show "Hitman Reborn", the character Mukuro Rokudo uses a certain doujutsu which is based on real life Buddhist Cosmology. Mukuro Rokudo's abilities include the following

First: Realm of Hell - Power to create illusions.
Second: Realm of Hungry Ghosts - Use the skills of others.
Third: Realm of Animals - Summon deadly animals.
Fourth: Realm of Asura - Increase battle skills.
Fifth: Realm of Humans - Increase battle aura; strength.
Sixth: Realm of Heaven - Control others

All of his abilites are able to be performed by the use of his special doujutsu, or eye technique. (This however is the anime Hitman Reborn's adaptation of the Six Realms)
--------------------------------------------------
The real life stage names include rebirth as a deva, an asura, a human being, an animal, a hungry ghost, or a being in Naraka (hell) according to the individual's karma.

Quote:
Deva realm - the realm of bliss and pride.

The Deva realm is sometimes also referred to as the gods' realm, because its inhabitants are so powerful that, compared to humans, they resemble the gods of Greek or Roman mythology. However, while the Devas may be referred to as gods, they are not immortal, omniscient, nor omnipotent, and act neither as creators nor judges at death, so they are notably distinct from the monotheistic concept of God.

Asura realm - is the realm of the demigods.

They are here because of actions based on jealousy, struggle, combat or rationalization of the world. They may be here because in human form they had good intentions but committed bad actions such as harming others. The Asuras are said to experience a much more pleasurable life than humans, but they are plagued by envy for the devas, whom they can see just as humans can perceive animals.

The Human realm - The Human realm (also known as the Manuṣya realm) is based on passion, desire, and doubt.

Buddhists see this realm as the one in which homo sapiens live. It is described as one of the more conducive realms to achieving enlightenment because of the possibilities that it offers.

The Animal realm (also known as the Tiryag-yoni realm) is based on stupidity and prejudice.

Buddhists believe that this realm is home to the nonhuman animals on Earth, though humans can see the animals in the same way that the Asura can see the Devas.

The Hungry Ghost realm (also known as the Preta realm) is based on possessiveness and desire.

The sentient beings in this realm are known as "hungry ghosts" because of their inability to enjoy food or drink. In Tibetan versions of the Bhavacakra they are drawn with narrow necks to represent that condition.

The Naraka realm, or "hell realm" is based on hatred.

The Buddhist view of the Naraka realm differs significantly from that of most monotheistic religions in that those being punished in this realm are not trapped permanently. Rather, they remain there until their negative karma is used up, at which point they are reborn into another realm.

copied from wikipedia -
Now you say, how does this influence Naruto? I'll use Mukuro Rokudo's six paths as a example.

First: Realm of Hell - Power to create illusions.
Second: Realm of Hungry Ghosts - Use the skills of others.
Third: Realm of Animals - Summon deadly animals.
Fourth: Realm of Asura - Increase battle skills.
Fifth: Realm of Humans - Increase battle aura; strength.
Sixth: Realm of Heaven - Control others

Pain has been able to use several of these techniques with the abilites of the Rinnegan. The Six Path's of Pain should be noted that each one of the bodies has only one ability, and are restricted to only those as Jiraiya realized when the first body only used summoning jutsus.The first body which Pain used to fight against Jiraiya was able to do alot of summoning jutsus. Similar to the Third Stage of "Realm of Animals." The first and second stages were performed when Pain was able to make clones of Itachi and Kisame, and then able to use their abilites. A better example would be, when Pain was able to clone Team Gai and perform every one of their techniques, again the first and second stage can be seen here. (although, I can't prove that it was Pain's technique that cloned Team Gai, however no one else could perform such high ranked clones, so we'll go with some common sense) The realm of Hungry Ghosts can also be represented by the Fat Body, which was ably to swallow all of Jiraiya's ninjutsu.

Quote:
The sentient beings in this realm are known as "hungry ghosts" because of their inability to enjoy food or drink.

-----------------
I'm 99.9 percent sure that each of Pain's six bodies each have one of these abilites and that Kishimoto is using the six realms in traditional Buddhist cosmology to represent Pain's god-like abilites. We'll probably find out more on their abilites once they start fighting again. Basically...... I agree with jo0 mangggg
Old 12-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #33
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

It makes a lot of sense, Kishi has been known to use such mythology and stuff similar in the manga dn show, such as the Jiraiya, Tsunade, Orochimaru being based on the story of the frog, the slug, and the snake.

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #34
shopnshave
Genin

shopnshave will become famous soon enoughshopnshave will become famous soon enoughshopnshave will become famous soon enough

well thought out thoery.. i like it
shopnshave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #35
ultimateGunner2
Chuunin

ultimateGunner2 is an unknown quantity at this point

wht about a mythology about a nine tail fox?? xD

not that i remember any know beside it being a myth in the china land as well hmm... i research UH!!
Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto, Konoha's #1 most GUTSY unpredictable loudmouth knucklehead SAGE prankster ninja, also the heir of the Namikaze and Uzumaki, now extincted clan.. husband of Haruno Sakura.. and the Rokudaime of Konoha while also known as the Konoha's Second Flash..AND THE SAGE FOX and last but not least the Son of Yondaime BELIEVE IT!!(DATTEBAYO) =P

member of Halo FC[/COLOR][/FONT]
also member of NaruSaku FC
also member of Yondaime FC

PROUD OWNDER OF ALL FCs!!
u jus got pranked

very very very very very surprising here
very very very very surprising
very very very surprising
very very surprising
very surprising
nothin surprising here u got pranked
ultimateGunner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #36
HinataFanX
Chuunin

HinataFanX will become famous soon enoughHinataFanX will become famous soon enough

I defintitely wwouldn't be surdrised, though, if the fat body ended up being the Hungry Ghost due to it's absorbtion of Jutsu, never satisfied...always absorbing more...

FCs I'm In:

HinataFanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:14 AM   #37
Kakkakuzu
Chuunin

Kakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataFanX View Post
I defintitely wwouldn't be surdrised, though, if the fat body ended up being the Hungry Ghost due to it's absorbtion of Jutsu, never satisfied...always absorbing more...

Yeah, when this theory was first posted, I didn't think much of it, but now after I've seen Pain's different abilities in different bodies, it definitely makes more sense. A lot more sense.

Summoning animals, absorbing jutsu, etc. I believe Pain's so called Yahiko-body is the Heaven body. That would leave the other long haired one and the two others that we haven't seen anything of for the other three "paths".