Constitutional Right Not to be Offended? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
Constitutional Right Not to be Offended?

Okay so quite a few people here are from the U.S. Other people are from places with some sort of constitution or founding document for their country. Now we all know that these documents usually entitle the people of their country to certain unalienable rights, as in ones that can't be fucked with.

So where in the goddamned constitution of America (where the majority of moderators are from/the owner of NL/NC) does it say you have the right NOT to be offended? If I want to offend someone, damn motherfucker, I'll offend you! Sure we got kiddies on here; that's either their parents responsibility to keep them from seeing 'mean words' or our individual moral beliefs to keep us from saying 'mean words' around them. Why the fuck can't I say fuck? Sure it's the rules of the forum and this is the internet which isn't governed by the U.S. Constitution. But the right to NOT be offended isn't in any constitution, as far as I know, nor is it in any sort of moral belief system. (Maybe the French...But then again, it's the French...)
Jeeze people, we come on the internet to have fun. Throwing some course jokes around every now and then isn't going to kill anyone....Damn.

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
LonelyNinja

Re: Constitutional Right Not to be Offended?

I use "mean words" even when there are small children around. <.<
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
EJ
Reckless

EJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of lightEJ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruko samaki View Post
Okay so quite a few people here are from the U.S. Other people are from places with some sort of constitution or founding document for their country. Now we all know that these documents usually entitle the people of their country to certain unalienable rights, as in ones that can't be fucked with.

So where in the goddamned constitution of America (where the majority of moderators are from/the owner of NL/NC) does it say you have the right NOT to be offended? If I want to offend someone, damn motherfucker, I'll offend you! Sure we got kiddies on here; that's either their parents responsibility to keep them from seeing 'mean words' or our individual moral beliefs to keep us from saying 'mean words' around them. Why the fuck can't I say fuck? Sure it's the rules of the forum and this is the internet which isn't governed by the U.S. Constitution. But the right to NOT be offended isn't in any constitution, as far as I know, nor is it in any sort of moral belief system. (Maybe the French...But then again, it's the French...)
Jeeze people, we come on the internet to have fun. Throwing some course jokes around every now and then isn't going to kill anyone....Damn.
Fuck yes !
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Small children who don't know their rights and wrongs are not present on these forums. I can guarantee that.

And as I have explained elsewhere, if you are offended it is because of your interpretation of what the person or thing, said to you. We all have brains. If we don't like something just ignore it.

BTW the U.S. Constitution was not written by perfect people. Do not measure rules from it.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 10-30-2007 at 08:44 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Hey mods.

If you want us to SHUT THE FUCK UP about this stuff, reduce the flame punishment.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
RNB
El Topo

RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Hey mods.

If you want us to SHUT THE FUCK UP about this stuff, reduce the flame punishment.
Or they could be correct and just not issue a punishment for it.

- Heraclitus
Old 10-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #7
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

It'd shut us the fuck up, though. The reason we bitch about it is because if we are just a little offensive to a stranger, we get what seems to be the second highest punishment we can be given. This is injustice in most of our eyes, and injustice causes anger. Which in turn, creates threads, which anger the mods.

Such is a nice system that allows a userbase to be happy. If we just keep quiet about what we feel are injustices, the mods won't feel annoyed enough to make things right. Shit.

But now that I've said such a thing, they might make a point not to do shit.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
It'd shut us the fuck up, though. The reason we bitch about it is because if we are just a little offensive to a stranger, we get what seems to be the second highest punishment we can be given. This is injustice in most of our eyes, and injustice causes anger. Which in turn, creates threads, which anger the mods.

Such is a nice system that allows a userbase to be happy. If we just keep quiet about what we feel are injustices, the mods won't feel annoyed enough to make things right. Shit.

But now that I've said such a thing, they might make a point not to do shit.
Well they want us to be happy because NL is as ruled by money just like America. They need money to keep those servers up, which comes from those downloads from NC. If we aren't nice to members then they won't buy downloads, which equates to bankruptcy. So the staff has to make sure that no one gets in the way of the money. Now we can only conclude from this one thing that the staff, at least the admins, are about here at NL.

*Hint*: I like to call pop bands these for fun.

P.S.: Charging for fansubs is the best way to sell-out as a distro.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 10-30-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #9
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post

P.S.: Charging for fansubs is the best way to sell-out as a distro.
NC isn't exactly charging for fansubs. It is charging for the convenience of a Direct Download and bandwidth costs. Server bandwidth and space cost by the month.

BTW: When you first said "money" I thought you were referencing G which caused me to laugh and agree.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
NC isn't exactly charging for fansubs. It is charging for the convenience of a Direct Download and bandwidth costs. Server bandwidth and space cost by the month.
Listen, I can bet you I can find those fansubs for free somewhere because the fansubber lets you dl them for free. It may not be ddl, but we really shouldn't be picky with how we dl. Whether you have to pay for the server or not doesn't matter. If you charge money for something that should be free then you are ripping people off.

Quote:
BTW: When you first said "money" I thought you were referencing G which caused me to laugh and agree.
XD. I didn't even think about that.

- Heraclitus
Old 10-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #11
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Quote:
Listen, I can bet you I can find those fansubs for free somewhere because the fansubber lets you dl them for free. It may not be ddl, but we really shouldn't be picky with how we dl. Whether you have to pay for the server or not doesn't matter. If you charge money for something that should be free then you are ripping people off.

XD. I didn't even think about that.
I agree because of the Narutofan situation, but I'd seriously look into asking Tom how much he spends on NC servers each month. Given the number of users, I suspect the costs are several hundreds of $$$. I don't know Tom well enough to say that he is rich enough to give free downloads .

The way I see it, I don't mind paying National-Anime $5 for access to 4TB of anime that is DDL over FTP. I can get my FTP client scripted to download my shit overnight.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #12
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
I agree because of the Narutofan situation, but I'd seriously look into asking Tom how much he spends on NC servers each month. Given the number of users, I suspect the costs are several hundreds of $$$. I don't know Tom well enough to say that he is rich enough to give free downloads .

The way I see it, I don't mind paying National-Anime $5 for access to 4TB of anime that is DDL over FTP. I can get my FTP client scripted to download my shit overnight.
Well, NL could get rid of the downloads then if it costs so much to host them. You not caring about paying $5 for access to anime is not the problem. The problem is the people that go to National Anime thinking $5 dollars is the only price for anime, but then you could argue those people are just plain idiots.

- Heraclitus
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #13
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruko samaki View Post

Since there is no rule saying you can or can't choose to be offended, then the person has about as much "right" to be offended by something than they don't, going by your logic. Furthermore, it may seem harmless to you when you "flame" someone, but you don't know what that person has been through. So if they get offended by it, there could be a good reason.

So, the flaming penalities should be more lenient, but not abolished altogether, since if it was this place would turn from a place for Naruto discussion and chilling to cussing someone out over the Net, which is beyond sad: even if it is just for "fun".
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #14
Miburo

Who would be offended by anything a 12 year old says? ; )

And while I agree with what you're saying, unfortunately this place isn't a democracy. It's a "Do whatever the mods say, even if it's completely idiotic and lame-acy." So they can ban you for whatever stupid shit they want, really. You just have to hope that they're decent enough human beings to at least try and treat everyone fairly and equally. And for the most part, they are. Just every now and then they pull stupid shit.

Though, the flaming rules are beyond retarded. I'll totally agree with that.

Quote:
NL is as ruled by money
Actually, it's ruled by Fascists. Get it right.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #15
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Who would be offended by anything a 12 year old says? ; )

And while I agree with what you're saying, unfortunately this place isn't a democracy. It's a "Do whatever the mods say, even if it's completely idiotic and lame-acy." So they can ban you for whatever stupid shit they want, really. You just have to hope that they're decent enough human beings to at least try and treat everyone fairly and equally. And for the most part, they are. Just every now and then they pull stupid shit.

Though, the flaming rules are beyond retarded. I'll totally agree with that.

Actually, it's ruled by Fascists. Get it right.
But they are Fascists because of money. =p

- Heraclitus