The difference between manga and anime naruto. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Anime

Naruto Anime Talk about the anime series Naruto here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
mrpiimpnn
Sand God

mrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enough
The difference between manga and anime naruto.

Hey, sorry if im in the wrong place but ya. Anyways manga is the books right? idk anyways ya, is the manga like rather than anime and like have more characters then the anime, cause im so confused about people talking about Madara Uchiha and other people that aint been introduced to the Anime or Shipuuden episodes.Please help me understand the manga better and if its a book where do i get them, haha, and uhmm please tell me the difference cause ive already watched up to episode 176 on the first season of naruto and already wathced all 32 shipuuden episodes so far.
mrpiimpnn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of
Re: The difference between manga and anime naruto.

The mangas are much farther into the story that the anime is, so its natural there are more characters.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
mrpiimpnn
Sand God

mrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enoughmrpiimpnn will become famous soon enough

Idk i dont read the mangas, and i dont know where to get them ahahha
Old 11-03-2007, 06:26 AM   #4
satansilent
Jounin

satansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enoughsatansilent will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpiimpnn View Post
Idk i dont read the mangas, and i dont know where to get them ahahha
here you can view all the manga episodes online:
http://onemanga.com/Naruto/
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

Manga was created first. Masashi Kishimoto draws the manga.
Animator guys decide to make the Anime, following the story of the manga.
Anime starts to catch up to the manga. Anime creates over a year of fillers to create gap between timelines for both Anime and Manga.

If you don't want to read online and would rather download, then go to http://www.narutocentral.com to download it.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:11 AM   #6
Shikamaru2007
Special Jounin

Shikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of lightShikamaru2007 is a glorious beacon of light

i watch the anime only
but i know that that the manga is like 100 epis earlier
and u can find it in the net or buy it " if there is anime and manga shop in ur city"
Shikamaru2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
Tankynator
Genin

Tankynator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpiimpnn View Post
Hey, sorry if im in the wrong place but ya. Anyways manga is the books right? idk anyways ya, is the manga like rather than anime and like have more characters then the anime, cause im so confused about people talking about Madara Uchiha and other people that aint been introduced to the Anime or Shipuuden episodes.Please help me understand the manga better and if its a book where do i get them, haha, and uhmm please tell me the difference cause ive already watched up to episode 176 on the first season of naruto and already wathced all 32 shipuuden episodes so far.

Well most of the differences have already been explained, but I'll try to give you a more detailed explanation:

Manga = japanese comic, Anime = japanese Cartoon (just to assure you that you're right)

The Manga is drawn by Masashi Kishimoto on a weekly basis. Every week a chapter of Naruto is released in a japanese Magazine called Shonen Jump.
These chapters have a length of about 17-20 sites and right now there have been 376 chapters. The first part of Naruto ends with chapter 238, the second part with chapter 245, the chapters 239-244 are called Kakashi Gaiden and haven't been animated yet (it's about Kakashi's youth and how he got his sharingan, we also see the Yondaime Hokage in action...).

The anime is based on the manga but doesn't only adapt everything 1:1. Instead the animators are using additional scenes that weren't shown in the manga, but don't affect the storyline (at least not too much to not be corrected) so they can delay the point where the anime catches up to the manga, since an anime episode can easily contain the story of 2 manga chapters.

These additional scenes aren't a big deal and most of them don't cover up more than a few minutes, while others use pretty much time so to strecht an anime episode to only contain one chapter (eg. the Naruto & Sakura vs Kakshi fight was pretty short in the manga, while the anime took a few episodes for it while switching to the Gaara vs Deidara fight; also the Kankuro vs Sasori fight hasn't been shown in the manga, one chapter ended with the two of them starting to fight, while the next chapter started with Kankuro already being defeated)

The anime is right now at episode 32 (episode 33 has already aired but hasn't been subbed yet, so I don't compare it), while the manga would be at 281 (both, anime and manga end with Sai's introduction). That means that 281-245= 36 manga chapters have been converted into 32 episodes while the 238 chapters before that were converted to about 130 episodes (battle Sasuke vs Naruto).
Why isn't it 220 episodes? Because the animators used a more effective way to buy time for Kishi: filler episodes. These Episodes aren't based on the manga at all and therefore haven't any real effect on the storyline. --You should have realised, that you didn't seem to have missed something important for skipping the last 44 episodes of part 1, didn't you?--
And if you really want to know why there were that many filler episodes (40% of a series is much) here comes the reason:

It's been about two years since the battel Sasuke vs Naruto was animated, thats about 100 episodes, but also 100 chapters. The manga is at chapter 376 right now, doing the math it was at ~276 back then, despite the fact, that the sound five episodes where stretched as much as possible it wouldn't have taken very long for the anime to finally catch up to the manga, which would have caused problems. So the animators used the three month time gab between the fight at the valley of the end and made episodes which had nothing to do with the main story except some minor things like Ino deciding to become a medic nin like Sakura. Most people didn't like the fillers just because they knew that they weren't part of the main story, especially when they wanted to see Kakashi Gaiden animated (which didn't happen) or the Sakura & Chiyo vs Sasori fight and other fights that are still to come in shippuden.
The good thing is: There won't be a real filler arc until the scene we've seen in the first shippuden episode has finally happened.

So to sum it up: When the Naruto Seriesses end (both anime and manga), there will be far more story contained within the anime fue to the filler episodes. Until the manga ends (which will happen earlier than the anime), it'll have officially more story than the anime because it's more advanced with the main story which is just what most fans are interested in.

Almost forgot it: The character of Uchiha Madara has already been mentioned in the anime, during the conversation of Sasuke and Kyuubi. He's been mentioned twice after that, but it wasn't that much of information yet, at least nothing I can tell without spoiling. It's best if you just follow up the links posted by satansilent and Uchiha1412Toshi and read the manga by yourself, you can look/ask for explanations in the manga section, if you don't understand a special part, but it'll be hard to post the story of all 100 chapters that separate the anime from the manga...
Tankynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

The manga is gonna end before the anime unless the animation company goes under (I.E. Same thing that happened to Ranma 1/2 and the studio Kitty Film that made it).
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #9
Jinchuuriki16
Chuunin

Jinchuuriki16 is an unknown quantity at this point

the colour. the characters dont move and animated one do move. i was playin.. haha.. i guess the manga is much more real.. like, its the way kishi pictured it in his mind and wants us to see not like in the anime where there are parts that are added in.. and of course, both are good. heh

Old geezer for,
Yondaime FC (Advisor)

Member of,
NaruHina FC
Jinchuuriki16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about

Maybe that manga rulz???

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #11
tenkaichymaster
..:::KERO:::..

tenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud of

Another thing is that manga show some things that the Anime doesn't... or they change some dialogues that are not the same in the anime....
tenkaichymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #12
Master2005
Holy Shitballz! 0_0

Master2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to beholdMaster2005 is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately some important stories to know, for example about Kakashi┬┤s Past (that chapter was awesome) are not shown in the anime series, even if they are partly relevant...
Master2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #13
mrpiimpnn
Sand God

Thanks for answering my questions but I posted this very long ago so you dont need to answer no more. Please close this thread .

Also I know the difference now that I read the manga it is farther.