Stupid or Brilliant? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
LightDreamer
Jounin

LightDreamer is on a distinguished road
Stupid or Brilliant?

We were discussing this in english class...and nobody could think up any good reasons the argue with the teacher...so i was just wondering if ne1 here can.

A male somewhere in Ontario [it was in the newspaper I don't remember the exact location] is suing a female fitness center on their opening day, because they would not let him become a member.

Do you agree with this mans actions? or do you disagree and think he's a moron?

Back up your answers with reasons

[I know this seems like a stupid debate NOW but...u'll see...where my teacher got us all stuck in our tracks]

--
If you gave me the letters hrt you could give me [ea] to get h[ea]rt or [u] to get h[u]rt, but I'd rather have hurt than a heart without [u]
- GOD I love that. You could give me a hundred thousand million years and I wouldn't have thought of that.

--
All this time I've spent trying to change into someone you would love, I didn't notice you changed into someone I can't love anymore. Goodbye My King .

---

The adulation of strangers.
LightDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
swirlyrobeitachi
Missing-Nin

swirlyrobeitachi is an unknown quantity at this point
it depends why they wouldnt -.-
was he too skiny?
was he just black, and they was all stupid racist?
i mean fo real
swirlyrobeitachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #3
LightDreamer
Jounin

Noo...they didn't let him join becuase he was a male ._.; it was a female fitness center o.O [points to first post =] read carefully]

--
If you gave me the letters hrt you could give me [ea] to get h[ea]rt or [u] to get h[u]rt, but I'd rather have hurt than a heart without [u]
- GOD I love that. You could give me a hundred thousand million years and I wouldn't have thought of that.

--
All this time I've spent trying to change into someone you would love, I didn't notice you changed into someone I can't love anymore. Goodbye My King .

---

Old 09-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
spiral_vortex
random_boy

spiral_vortex is an unknown quantity at this point
the guys a moron. who would barge in a female fitness center when you know u are not female. geez. its kinda obvious. either this person is a moron or is a pervert. this man shouldn't by sueing at all. i dont get the fact why your class is stuck on this problem
spiral_vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:57 PM   #5
LightDreamer
Jounin

lol that IS wat our class said....everyone but then the teacher countered us and went

But is this not the biggest kind of descrimination? excluding an entire type of people, just because of who they are? Say this center was the closest fitness center around, and the only one that he could reach, and with these new gas prices people are doing nething they can from spending too much gas.

--

--

---

Old 09-17-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
Kakashi.TheHeartsofTwo
Missing-Nin

Kakashi.TheHeartsofTwo is an unknown quantity at this point
spiral just took my answer!
Kakashi.TheHeartsofTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:47 AM   #7
corbenk

Neither, he should know that it is a female fitness center, but I mean, it is not like the machines are specially made for women. If he wants to join he should be able to, not letting him in is discrimination.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:35 AM   #8
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
I see this situation in many points of view.

If we wants to join just because it's a FEMALE fitness center, he's a perv.

If we wants to join because he... just wants to join that paticular center, then that's reasonable, but it's for females, so he shouldn't do that. But the center should not hold anything against males wanting to join.

Here's something that I thought, if I were in his shoes. If he was thinking, "Hm, I'll join that center, and when they refuse, I'll sue them and attempt to take their money!" then he's a genius. that's an easy way to get cash.

He might be a moron for trying to join, but I don't think they should let him in, because it's a WOMEN's fitness center. If it were Coed, then they should let him in.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #9
blazin yukasho
*Blazin' ANBU ninja*

blazin yukasho is an unknown quantity at this point
im with both arguments, the guys is a moron for wanting to be a member of a FEMALE fitness centre but then it is sad that he cant get into it...its sort of discrimination...actuallly....the guys just a moron 0__o
Old 09-17-2005, 01:20 PM   #10
supersharingan_18
Chuunin
Chopper Challenge Champion

supersharingan_18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi
Here's something that I thought, if I were in his shoes. If he was thinking, "Hm, I'll join that center, and when they refuse, I'll sue them and attempt to take their money!" then he's a genius. that's an easy way to get cash.
so u know how to get easy cash eh!? so....... what do u know more about that? XD

this just dpends about his age! if he is a child, he ddnt see what was that! if he is a teen, he is a perv! if he is adult, he is a thief! if he is an old man, he is lazy! XP

^by Jaxon
please dont call me SS call me ss18

My bro's :
Jaxon
Shikamaru_IQ
naruto18
GaaraofTheDeathSand

My sis :
angelwings
Kitty
SASUKE_GURL
Glaiza_mei
_hinata_

(\_(\ (\_/)
-\ oo)(X.X)
\ /\_\ (> <)
BUNNY IS EATEN BY THE MAMMA FOX!!!
funny img...
____
proud member of akatsuki FC
supersharingan_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #11
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharingan_18
so u know how to get easy cash eh!? so....... what do u know more about that? XD
There's another way to sue for cash. (Sorry for going off topic) But you might need a buddy for this one. Get your buddy to poke a small needle-sized hole in the bottom of a milk carton. As it leaks on the ground, you come back a few seconds later with your buddy, and you slip on the ground, and sue the supermarket. It's better if there are cameras in the supermarket, but if not, that's what your buddy's there for; as a witness to the incident. Never tried it before, but it's a possibility to work.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:41 AM   #12
spiral_vortex
random_boy

spiral_vortex is an unknown quantity at this point
well the fitness program session might be made for females only. the session might include some female bonding or sumthing. a FEMALE fitness center is where FEMALES can get away from MEN. why would they want MEN in one of the few places they can be alone in. that is why there is a MENS nba and a WOMENS nba as well. most men can do more rigourous excercises
spiral_vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:30 AM   #13
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
Its a never ending question (heheh my longer way of saying it pwns all)

Its logical because everyone should have the right to join any fitness club.But they should have seperate bathrooms.It was moranic because he could just go some where els,and his penis probably got in the way.Its also a good thing to do because it shows that woman are being hypocritical and saying "Oh woah is I,Men surpess thie!woah is I!" and now there saying "Yo a-hole,you cant go here,WOMAN ONLY!".Bad also because he might loose on the account of once agan him being a male,and everyone els(females) on tredmills...in aother words the court would think he wanted to join for a more sexual reason like i stated before.
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #14
supersharingan_18
Chuunin
Chopper Challenge Champion

supersharingan_18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Tochi
There's another way to sue for cash. (Sorry for going off topic) But you might need a buddy for this one. Get your buddy to poke a small needle-sized hole in the bottom of a milk carton. As it leaks on the ground, you come back a few seconds later with your buddy, and you slip on the ground, and sue the supermarket. It's better if there are cameras in the supermarket, but if not, that's what your buddy's there for; as a witness to the incident. Never tried it before, but it's a possibility to work.
i got five words for u! U R A GENIUS! XP

^by Jaxon
please dont call me SS call me ss18

My bro's :
Jaxon
Shikamaru_IQ
naruto18
GaaraofTheDeathSand

My sis :
angelwings
Kitty
SASUKE_GURL
Glaiza_mei
_hinata_

(\_(\ (\_/)
-\ oo)(X.X)
\ /\_\ (> <)
BUNNY IS EATEN BY THE MAMMA FOX!!!
funny img...
____
proud member of akatsuki FC
supersharingan_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:16 AM   #15
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharingan_18
i got five words for u! U R A GENIUS! XP
dats only four....or u can rob yourself..
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote