What is your opinion of the Halo series? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
AnticitizenOne
The One Free Man

AnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to allAnticitizenOne is a name known to all
What is your opinion of the Halo series?

Well, it shouldn't be hard to figure out what I'm asking you. Love it or hate it, you know of these games' existence. So what's your honest opinion on these three games.

I'll start us off by saying that if one thing is wrong with Halo, it's that the hype is too much. I realize that it's a good game but god almighty, they are selling what amounts to three five-inch pieces of plastic that look like halo guns for twenty dollars. Another thing if you wanted to get critical you would say was that the story is not good at all.

However, the game was a hell of a lot of fun for about a year for each game. Especially Halo 2 and the Halo PC version, which had online play where you could just get better and better until you were the BEST! Of course, this would never happen, but you could always hope for it. Another bad thing is the online community, of course the game company is not responsable for this, but it's so public and so many people have it that the community is simply awful.

Overall, the Halo series is nothing special. It's a game, and it gets more fun for a while until you get bored of it. They could have done better if they had added something EXCEPT mindless shooting and killing. Something that requies inginuity so every twelve year old kid can beat the game.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
alex_CLIPS
Academy Student

alex_CLIPS is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What is your opinion of the Halo series?

i personally love them they have a great story line
Old 11-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

I've only ever played Halo 1 for a short time on X-Box, and I've played through quite a few levels on PC, and I enjoyed it. I did eventually find myself pretty damn bored, though. Multi-player was pretty fun when there wasn't lag.
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
LonelyNinja

Halo: Combat Evolved (the first one :B) was the greatest of the three, in my opinion. I loved the MA5B, more so after Halo 2 dropped it like a hot rock and Halo 3 choked down the clip and stopping power of it, and the rest of the weapons were great. The story was attention-grabbing enough to keep me interested, but not stressed to the point where I felt like I was straining to keep updated on what the hell just happened.

Halo 2 improved audio, graphics, and game mechanics (blow up Warthogs now, woot). The ability to switch weapons with other Marines/Elites was a great feature, giving the player the option of making his men weak little chicken shits or a formidable force. I also liked the idea of playing as the Arbiter, giving off the "walking in another man's shoes" feel to it (at least to me). However, I was incredibly dissappointed when the level in the commercial dropped and replaced with Outskirts and Metropolis. That commercial got me pumped up for the game, and they change it. What the hell. >.>

Halo 3 did a good job of finishing up the story, but I have mixed feelings about it. While I nearly 'gasmed after blowing up a Scarab and a Phantom drop ship, I was dissappointed at what little interaction the player had with AI controlled Elites (save the Arbiter, but he ran off to do his own thing quite often). I loved the new vehicles (Hornet for the fucking win), but the MA5C (right?) was a major let down. Sure, it had automatic fire, but the "medium range" was bullshit, at least when I used it. Story was finished up quite nicely, and the cinematics were great, but I was annoyed by the lack of fluid transition from the brutish, well, Brutes from the second game, which wore barely any armor, to the fully-armored and organized Brutes in the third.

Now for multiplayer. In each of the games I wished there were bots, seriously, just so I could play the multiplayer stuff on my own or with a single friend and still have lots of fun killing bots (if Timesplitters 2 can have lots of bots, Halo should be able to, too). I never played the multiplayer on the PC version of Halo: Combat Evolved, but I've heard good things. Halo 2 multiplayer was good, nothing to complain about, but Halo 3 multiplayer is gold.