Fight Teh Power Organization!! - Page 139 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #2071
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Dude got banned for calling a mod "lame?" Isn't the whole purpose of FTP to cut down on flame rules like that? Seriously, eat what you preach, people.
I called the 'hypocrite' thing. Damn, I'm good. ; )

Also, /facepalm
  Reply With Quote


Old 02-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #2072
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas
 
Ninja48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 305
Posts: 2,466
Thanks: 179
Thanked 636 Times in 249 Posts
Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

I guess he missed it.
__________________
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #2073
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I called the 'hypocrite' thing. Damn, I'm good. ; )

Also, /facepalm
It was blatant hypocrasy, so despite your little forum/member breakdown and closing, "Nostradamusesque" prediction someone would call you on it, it doesn't change much: it was still hypocritical.

Kidmac was out of line, I agree, and you couldn't tag him for trolling since NR didn't see it that way so you just "got offended" (I doubt you really got offended) over something as insignificant as being called a lame. Since you're a mod though, you can choose whether to send him on a little vacation, or just give him a four-pointer, or just ignore it completely since it was a mostly harmless comment.

The mod's ability to choose whether to ban someone or not, regardless of if it's minor or otherwise, isn't really that big of a deal. However, if FTP wanted to achieve complete fairness, mods shouldn't have that little niche exlcusive to themselves. They have enough power over regulars as it is.

It's not just 'Buro though. A good amount of members here get people banned because they're bored or some such. They're just endorsing FTP, so their trolling sprees are bolstered so they can pray on the "newbs". Or people they just don't like. Either way, someone gets screwed over.

If you only banned Kidmac because he was runnink amok here, calling you outside your name as well as others, then it's whatever. However, you did reach for straws for banning him over that child's play insult. Despite whatever example you were making of him, or point you were trying to express, it was still hypocrasy.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #2074
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

^ I was going to comment before on that, because I really don't think anyone should be penalized for calling someone lame. Or a lame... o.o But then I read Miburo's reason in the Bans and Warnings Section and I don't know if that's his real reason or not, but if that is the case, I can understand offense being taken... though personally I wouldn't have been offended. Kid's grammar isn't the best, so who knows if he really meant for lame to be a noun...lol....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
Yea, well, I'm also really lazy, so it's amazing at how much I have done around here, but for something like that (making the rules more clear), I usually get one of my underlings to do that for me.

Although I may go through them sometime in the near future and make sure everything looks right and fix things that need fixing or make them more clear.

And I knew you were just playing, I have a bad habit of being taken too seriously >.>
XD Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were being serious.

Well that's good to hear, 'cause the clearer the rules are, the less room there will be for misinterpretation.
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #2075
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
It was blatant hypocrasy, so despite your little forum/member breakdown and closing, "Nostradamusesque" prediction someone would call you on it, it doesn't change much: it was still hypocritical.
Everything isn't black and white. You're just missing the point. There's nothing hypocritical in what I did. I am against weak ass flames being reported. I'm also against flames being reported when you actually deserved being flamed. And sometimes, people just fucking deserve it. For example, when you go into a thread for the sole purpose of being a douchebag and trying to piss people off. If someone flames you, don't fucking cry about it. Especially when you knew you were being a douchebag. That's just hardcore fucking lame, wouldn't you agree?

Now unfortunately, the rules allow such faggotry. We're probably not going to change that. We can, however, fight back against it using the fire vs. fire strategy. If some crybaby little wuss does anything against the rules, fucking report him/her. Give them a taste of their own medicine. This acts as a deterrent against this kind of fail. Maybe once people see how much it sucks to be reported for stupid shit they might cut the crap; and people thinking of being little bitches might just think twice about it if they know everyone thinks that it's lame as all hell.

So I'm not going against what I preach. I'm not a hypocrite. The act may be similar, but the situations are entirely different. That's not to say I wasn't offended (FYI: I wasn't bullshitting about that one-eyed' thing. That actually dicks me over constantly, it sucks.), some troll calling me a simile for cripple or gimp could definitely piss me off, and I'd have every damn right to be offended. Does it really offend me though? What do you think? Doesn't matter though, only person who would know that is me; everyone else just has to go by what I say. Perhaps Kid shouldn't break the rules, especially if he likes busting other people for it. ; )


Quote:
Kidmac was out of line, I agree, and you couldn't tag him for trolling since NR didn't see it that way so you just "got offended" (I doubt you really got offended) over something as insignificant as being called a lame. Since you're a mod though, you can choose whether to send him on a little vacation, or just give him a four-pointer, or just ignore it completely since it was a mostly harmless comment.
Exactly. It's my choice. If I chose to cut people slack, it's because I felt like being nice (And trust me, I usually just cut people slack or give them warnings. I don't like infracting most people.). And, like most people, I'm a lot less inclined to be nice to people who admit to being huge jerks for shits and giggles.
Quote:
The mod's ability to choose whether to ban someone or not, regardless of if it's minor or otherwise, isn't really that big of a deal. However, if FTP wanted to achieve complete fairness, mods shouldn't have that little niche exlcusive to themselves. They have enough power over regulars as it is.
They don't. Forum members have the choice to not get people in trouble too. It's called not reporting shit. What do you care how many points someone gets, so long as the punishment fits the crime? (And before you say Kid's punishment didn't fit the crime, it did. The context of his post was clearly meant to be malicious, and he used a term that is derogatory towards people with disabilities. Sure, he may not have known about my eye, but tough shit. It's like calling someone a retard with malicious intent when they're actually mentally retarded. Doesn't matter if you didn't know, that's still a hell of a lot worse then a random string of curse words.)
Quote:
It's not just 'Buro though. A good amount of members here get people banned because they're bored or some such. They're just endorsing FTP, so their trolling sprees are bolstered so they can pray on the "newbs". Or people they just don't like. Either way, someone gets screwed over.
FTP doesn't endorse that shit though. We're against it. Think carefully before you try to counter-argue this with the 'lol hypocasy" shit. That argument will fall flat on it's face.

Quote:
If you only banned Kidmac because he was runnink amok here, calling you outside your name as well as others, then it's whatever. However, you did reach for straws for banning him over that child's play insult. Despite whatever example you were making of him, or point you were trying to express, it was still hypocrasy.
I think I've shown that you're completely wrong. Props for trying though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #2076
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Everything isn't black and white. You're just missing the point. There's nothing hypocritical in what I did. I am against weak ass flames being reported. I'm also against flames being reported when you actually deserved being flamed. And sometimes, people just fucking deserve it. For example, when you go into a thread for the sole purpose of being a douchebag and trying to piss people off. If someone flames you, don't fucking cry about it. Especially when you knew you were being a douchebag. That's just hardcore fucking lame, wouldn't you agree?
I've grasped the 'fight fire with fire' concept you employed, but since I had no fore-knowledge of your eye situation (which sucks by the way dude, you have my sympathies [really, I had no idea something as weaksauce as lame could apply to you as such]), all that bubbled to the surface was a fresh layer of hypocrasy. It also seemed you did this partly because of NR, though that's a whole different matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Buro
Now unfortunately, the rules allow such faggotry. We're probably not going to change that. We can, however, fight back against it using the fire vs. fire strategy. If some crybaby little wuss does anything against the rules, fucking report him/her. Give them a taste of their own medicine. This acts as a deterrent against this kind of fail. Maybe once people see how much it sucks to be reported for stupid shit they might cut the crap; and people thinking of being little bitches might just think twice about it if they know everyone thinks that it's lame as all hell.
The method you use is a direct counter to the rules you nerfed. You're all: "reporting weak shit is cowardly/faggoty, but I'll use it against them to hopefully rip the bitch-drive right out of 'em!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Buro
So I'm not going against what I preach. I'm not a hypocrite. The act may be similar, but the situations are entirely different. That's not to say I wasn't offended (FYI: I wasn't bullshitting about that one-eyed' thing. That actually dicks me over constantly, it sucks.), some troll calling me a simile for cripple or gimp could definitely piss me off, and I'd have every damn right to be offended. Does it really offend me though? What do you think? Doesn't matter though, only person who would know that is me; everyone else just has to go by what I say. Perhaps Kid shouldn't break the rules, especially if he likes busting other people for it. ; )
Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Buro
Exactly. It's my choice. If I chose to cut people slack, it's because I felt like being nice (And trust me, I usually just cut people slack or give them warnings. I don't like infracting most people.). And, like most people, I'm a lot less inclined to be nice to people who admit to being huge jerks for shits and giggles.
Good to know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Buro
They don't. Forum members have the choice to not get people in trouble too. It's called not reporting shit. What do you care how many points someone gets, so long as the punishment fits the crime? (And before you say Kid's punishment didn't fit the crime, it did. The context of his post was clearly meant to be malicious, and he used a term that is derogatory towards people with disabilities. Sure, he may not have known about my eye, but tough shit. It's like calling someone a retard with malicious intent when they're actually mentally retarded. Doesn't matter if you didn't know, that's still a hell of a lot worse then a random string of curse words.)
I agree to some extent that people don't need to report any and everything they run across that's negative, but people may be in the same boat as you and have some affliction or bad memory, et cetera that can be referenced by a simple, generally harmless word. Noob and its variants are docile to no end, and shouldn't even be held to a standard even close to insta-banning; I agree with that. Same with fail and that other e-lingo. Though, some shit I don't blame people for getting offended over. Even though I myself wouldn't give a care either way, people nowadays become jerks to people for little reason other than "lulz."

So, going back to your original post about how it's the people's job to start doing what's right around here (or something to that effect), I agree wholeheartedly. Simple jokes here or there shouldn't incite and/or entice people to the point of trying to ban them--they should shrug it off. But, blatant attacks and insults at a person by another party, regardless of who they are, shouldn't have to be tolerated because of an unwritten principle of "not getting butthurt."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Buro
FTP doesn't endorse that shit though. We're against it. Think carefully before you try to counter-argue this with the 'lol hypocasy" shit. That argument will fall flat on it's face.
I know the core members of FTP (you, 48, Shino) don't condone/endorse it, but your flunkies and branch-offs practice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Buro
I think I've shown that you're completely wrong. Props for trying though.

Last edited by Trey; 02-10-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:05 AM   #2077
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I've grasped the 'fight fire with fire' concept you employed, but since I had no fore-knowledge of your eye situation (which sucks by the way dude, you have my sympathies [really, I had no idea something as weaksauce as lame could apply to you as such]), all that bubbled to the surface was a fresh layer of hypocrasy. It also seemed you did this partly because of NR, though that's a whole different matter.
I can promise you that this had nothing to do with NR. At all.

As for the eye thing, thanks. It's cool though, I have an extra one. Hoorah! ; )


Quote:
The method you use is a direct counter to the rules you nerfed. You're all: "reporting weak shit is cowardly/faggoty, but I'll use it against them to hopefully rip the bitch-drive right out of 'em!"

I stated that in a certain context. And it has to be taken as such. Look at it this way: If you asked most people the question "Is killing people wrong?" almost all of them would say yes. When you look at it more closely though, you'll find instances where almost all those people will agree that killing is completely justified, like in self-defense. You wouldn't turn around and call those people hypocrites if they killed someone in self-defense, right? See what I'm saying? It's not hypocritical to believe that there should be exceptions.



Quote:
I agree to some extent that people don't need to report any and everything they run across that's negative, but people may be in the same boat as you and have some affliction or bad memory, et cetera that can be referenced by a simple, generally harmless word. Noob and its variants are docile to no end, and shouldn't even be held to a standard even close to insta-banning; I agree with that. Same with fail and that other e-lingo. Though, some shit I don't blame people for getting offended over. Even though I myself wouldn't give a care either way, people nowadays become jerks to people for little reason other than "lulz."

So, going back to your original post about how it's the people's job to start doing what's right around here (or something to that effect), I agree wholeheartedly. Simple jokes here or there shouldn't incite and/or entice people to the point of trying to ban them--they should shrug it off. But, blatant attacks and insults at a person by another party, regardless of who they are, shouldn't have to be tolerated because of an unwritten principle of "not getting butthurt."
And that's exactly what I was going for, more or less.


Quote:
I know the core members of FTP (you, 48, Shino) don't condone/endorse it, but your flunkies and branch-offs practice it.
I can't think of anyone in particular who still does this. You'll notice that shit like that almost never happens now too, while it was a lot more rampant in the past. Chalk that up to another victory for FTP. Damn, we rule. XD
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #2078
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Shit what is with these long ass posts.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #2079
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Seems we've reached an agreement.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #2080
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪
 
Tsuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 22
Posts: 4,221
Thanks: 193
Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

@BK--You should be glad that you have FTP members that can hold an intelligent conversations.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #2081
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
@BK--You should be glad that you have FTP members that can hold an intelligent conversations.
Yeah I guess, How you been, you back on the net for good then?
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #2082
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪
 
Tsuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 22
Posts: 4,221
Thanks: 193
Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

No, I'm on my mom's laptop. After tonight you probably won't see me for a while again. In fact, mom's trying to kick me off, but I keep procrastinating, lol.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #2083
Babyface BK
<3===BK
 
Babyface BK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1988
Location: With My Babeh
Age: 26
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,856 Times in 844 Posts
Babyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant futureBabyface BK has a brilliant future
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
No, I'm on my mom's laptop. After tonight you probably won't see me for a while again. In fact, mom's trying to kick me off, but I keep procrastinating, lol.
lol good good, lets see how long you last.
__________________






"The road to success is always under construction. "
Babyface BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #2084
balmung5000
cpas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

i think bk
is in love with shino
he always has
litttle convos between them
soo it will be

BK says:
i love you shino

Shino says:
i love you too.
lets cyber <3
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #2085
Trey
Legendary
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,251
Thanks: 139
Thanked 538 Times in 300 Posts
Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmung5000 View Post
i think bk
is in love with shino
he always has
litttle convos between them
soo it will be

BK says:
i love you shino

Shino says:
i love you too.
lets cyber <3
It all makes sense now.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.