Fight Teh Power Organization!! - Page 56 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #826
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fight Teh Power Organization!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
I didn't even notice this.

Lupe Fiasco is nowhere near the sickest rapper. Mos Def and Immortal Technique are so much better.
Not sure about that buddy. Immortal Technique has the ability to rhyme and the intelligence to make it meaningful / educational, but he's usually straightforward. His writing is rather simple. Mos Def is a step up, because he rhymes just as well (if not better) than Technique, and he has enough symbolism and metaphors to be considered lyrically amazing.

Lupe, however. Jesus Christ. He fits all kinds of literary devices in his lyrics, and makes very subtle, intelligent references. You just have to look very (very) closely*. He also manages to fit perspectives never before thought of in hip hop (see: "Streets on Fire," "Little Weapon," "Hip Hop Saved My Life"). AND he happens to rhyme just as well as Mos Def.

*If you remember "Sunshine" from Food and Liquor, he raps about what seems to be a love story, but the story is actually an allegory about his relationship with hip hop. "I compliment her on her common sense / I'm calm, a little more confident," Common Sense being a rapper who also wrote a song that was an allegory about hip hop.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #827
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Not sure about that buddy. Immortal Technique has the ability to rhyme and the intelligence to make it meaningful / educational, but he's usually straightforward. His writing is rather simple. Mos Def is a step up, because he rhymes just as well (if not better) than Technique, and he has enough symbolism and metaphors to be considered lyrically amazing.

Lupe, however. Jesus Christ. He fits all kinds of literary devices in his lyrics, and makes very subtle, intelligent references. You just have to look very (very) closely*. He also manages to fit perspectives never before thought of in hip hop (see: "Streets on Fire," "Little Weapon," "Hip Hop Saved My Life"). AND he happens to rhyme just as well as Mos Def.

*If you remember "Sunshine" from Food and Liquor, he raps about what seems to be a love story, but the story is actually an allegory about his relationship with hip hop. "I compliment her on her common sense / I'm calm, a little more confident," Common Sense being a rapper who also wrote a song that was an allegory about hip hop.
I guess it is just me. Lupe is alright, but sometimes I feel like his hip-hop isn't as soulful as people like Mos Def, Common, IT, Talib Kweli. Lupe reminds me of Kanye West. I haven't given his new or old album much of a try though. I have been very critical on him because he hit the big top pretty quick with that stupid Kick, Push song.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 12-28-2007 at 02:07 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #828
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I guess it is just me. Lupe is alright, but sometimes I feel like his hip-hop isn't as soulful as people like Mos Def, Common, IT, Talib Kweli. Lupe reminds me of Kanye West. I haven't given his new or old album much of a try though. I have been very critical on him because he hit the big top pretty quick with that stupid Kick, Push song.
This is true. He's even said before that he's not much of a hip hop guy. He even made a song about it. "I'm not trying to be the greatest / I used to hate hip hop / yup, because the women degraded." Though, that song eventually evolved into a verse that described all kinds of current events (even string theory... STRING THEORY), rhyming ALL of them with three end consistent vowel sounds.

Thing is, he's not passionate for the hip hop culture because of what it's turned into (his latest album The Cool is all about how "The Cool" degrades society and such*). What he's passionate about is educating the hip hop community with perspective in his art. And damn, he's good at his art.

They thought it was cool to burn crosses on your front lawn as they hung you from trees in your backyard

They thought it was cool to leave you thirsty and stranded
Katrina

He thought it was cool to carry a gun in his classroom and open fire
Virginia Tech Columbine, stop the violence

They thought it was cool to tear down the projects and put up million dollar condos
Gentrification

They think it's cool to stand on the block hiding product in their socks making quick dime bag dollars

They think it's cool to ride down on you in blue and white in unmarked cars
Busting you upside your head

Freeze

Because the problem is we think it's cool, too
Check your ingredients
Before you overdose
On the cool

-The first track on The Cool, written and performed by female artist Baba

Download "The Coolest" from his new album. It's amazing. I listened to that song consistently when making my signature there.

Last edited by Ninja48; 12-28-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #829
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmac1 View Post
I didn't fall short on that, because it was said before. But once again you change things to suit your situation.
No, it wasn't. I said ignoring people using the ignore poster function is lame. Nothing negative about blacklisting, at all. But once again you fail at reading comprehension which makes you somehow think the two terms are synonyms or some shit. They're not; they're two separate things. Learn to fucking read.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #830
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I got it, thats why I said it.

And made a sig of it. Fucking dope as hell.
Gimme man give it to me ;]
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #831
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

I'm wearin it lol
Old 12-28-2007, 04:59 PM   #832
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm wearin it lol
Can I take it?
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #833
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Hmm. As soon as I make another one. And I can make another one soon as I get a good stock.

I'm thinking of making a bunch of sigs that capture the mood of specific songs off The Cool. The one I'm wearing is of The Coolest. Next one might be Little Weapon.

Last edited by Ninja48; 12-28-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #834
RNB
El Topo

RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough

I got The Cool and it isn't that bad. Though again, he doesn't rap with much soul so I probably won't listen to him much.

- Heraclitus
Old 12-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #835
Sharkbelly
Next Contestant?

Sharkbelly can only hope to improve

Y'all are forgettin' Eminem!

*Ducks*

It's too damn short for me to get a grip, pull the mother fucker out before it sticks.
Sharkbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #836
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Quote:
I got The Cool and it isn't that bad. Though again, he doesn't rap with much soul so I probably won't listen to him much.
Did you listen to The Coolest?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #837
RNB
El Topo

Quote:
Did you listen to The Coolest?
Yeah, it is definitely the best song he has done.

BTW did anybody go to that website he mentioned in one of his songs on that album? It was like lupefiasco.blogspot.com or something like that.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 12-29-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #838
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

It's some fan website.

http://lupethefiasco.blogspot.com
Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #839
kidmac1
Benny Blanco

kidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura aboutkidmac1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
No, it wasn't. I said ignoring people using the ignore poster function is lame. Nothing negative about blacklisting, at all. But once again you fail at reading comprehension which makes you somehow think the two terms are synonyms or some shit. They're not; they're two separate things. Learn to fucking read.
You must feel some sort of glorification by talking down to me lol

I understand what your saying I just don't agree with it. You said I'm "blacklisted" so how am I supposed to know that you weren't talking about the ignore option on the forum.

You call me out for generalizing but when you do it you continuously call me illiterate, when you should have been more specific.

I was vague in my first post because I wasn't tryin to call anyone out, yeah I didn't think you joke was funny but I wasn't tryin to call you out. You asked me to elaborate, so all I basically said was "I was surprised anyone thought the joke was funny"

Then I scroll down the page and I see "Fuck That Preemptive Strike" and I'm like What!! lol This guy is tryin to big him self up by callin out on some bs.

Then out of nowhere here comes Ninja48 and I'm like ????Why? It was already bad enough you were coming at me like I raped your sister or something, and I couldn't get into it because I didn't see what was the big deal. So I just went along, until I was like fuck it, it is what it is.

And to be honest I only keep going with you because the forum became pretty boring to me so I was like why not I'm not typing much in any other threads anymore so we can go at it for awhile...

And to the two mods that thought I was coming at them, I wasn't. I had typed that before I seen your posts, I just left my computer for a few minutes and when I came back I entered my post. It just seemed like I was coming at you because of what you wrote whereas I was loosely talking about times when other people jumped on the bandwagon to lynch a single person lol.

To clear one last thing up, when I say hoppin on the bandwagon and being a groupie I'm not talking about when people are havin a group discussion about something, and others agree with what one persons says, I'm talking about when someone calls a single person out, and someone else unnecessarily dimes in just to throw blind insults at you.

This might be the most I ever wrote in one post lol

Member of:
kidmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #840
Miburo

^Don't care. Besides, you're not too hot when it comes to, well, understanding words and shit...so you'll probably misunderstand anything I respond with anyway. ; )