His choice... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
liuaishan
Special Jounin

liuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to behold
His choice...

I've been thinking, now that Jiraya is very really close to death (probably dead in next chapter)
And the news (together probably with the Scroll and Pa Toad) must reach to Naruto at some point. Now there is a problem.

Naruto is in a mission finding Sasuke (we all know that even if for some of us Sasuke is lost and won't really return to Konoha), but for Naruto this is like the utter priority, it's the reason why he trained that much for all these years. Plus he's in an official mission he couldn't really abandon, mostly coz he cares about it too much too. But what if the news strike in the middle of the mission? It's a tough choice he has to do, abandon Sasuke and revenge Jiraya? or abandon the revenge and save Sasuke? I feel like for Naruto they are both equal priorities, although I would dump Sasuke right away.

But there's always the possibility he'll find out about it after the mission ends somehow... we can't know that for sure though.

What do you feel is the right thing for Naruto to do?
liuaishan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: His choice...

He will find out when he comes back from this mission and when all this Sasuke ghost chase is done, finally. I am really getting tired of it. I don't think anyone can just find Naruto to inform him. In fact, Tsunade would want Naruto to know, but she wouldn't let him just go and fight Pain.
But, I am looking forward to see Sasuke vs Itachi.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
hamallig
Genin

hamallig is an unknown quantity at this point

mmh.. akatsuki are going to search naruto (and the kyuubi). i think pain will interrupt naruto in searching sasuke. maybe not in the fight between tobi but after this. so i think the next arc will be the tobi vs. konoha ninjas arc and not the uchiha things.
hamallig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #4
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

I think if naruto was to find out he would abandon his mission to find sasuke at that moment.. cause honestly with Naruto's attitude i dont see him being able to carry on knowing Jiraiya is dead and not being able to do anything about it. Plus he could continue the search for sasuke after he tries to avenge Jiraiya's death..
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin

YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road

I think it'll be the same as when Naruto fought Gaara. He'll find out when the mission is over. He still might not have Sasuke... but even that's drawing to a close.

Depending on how long the manga actually has I doubt we have time for him to find out mid-fight with Tobi, go Kyuubi, give Tobi an excuse to escape, cause some kind of disaster, get taken back to Konoha, be healed by Tsunade/Sakura, then start the chase for Sasuke again/go after Pein. I just don't forsee it happening that way with how much time everyone thinks the manga has.

Either way he'll find out soon, but not until after his Tobi encounter.
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
liuaishan
Special Jounin

liuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to beholdliuaishan is a splendid one to behold

what I don't know is, if it happens for him to find out during fight, would he be allowed to abandon the mission? or what would the others decide? I wonder if they could stop him if he goes Kyuubi.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

I don't see a need for naruto to chose one quest over the other. Sasuke is after Akatsuki as well not just Itachi. These two kids have similar goals which will put them on the same path in the future anyway. Though if Naruto had to prioritize on which was more important it would definitely be stopping Pein. There really isn't a need for Naruto to go after Sasuke at this point sense Orochimaru is already dead. Maybe Naruto just wants to put Sasuke in jail for betraying the village I don't know. But thats what should happen if they ever dragged him back to Konoha.

Edit: No Naruto shouldn't abandon the mission he's on now to go & get himself killed. Honestly why would Tsunade tell Naruto at this very moment. Yes Naruto has a right to know but Pein would also destroy him in Narutos current state. I think Pa will tell Naruto & Naruto will confront Tsunade asking her if she knew. She'll look to the ground & Naruto will blow up her headquarters while going 4 tails. The scroll toad will then come to calm Naruto down. Thats when he'll gain SSJ9 & totally pwn everyone.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-15-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
hoggle2000
Genin

hoggle2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

If Naruto summons a toad during his Tobi fight then it's likely he'll find out. I assume that word spreads fast in toad land since they can move between planes.

I wouln't expect Naruto to go running after Pain - he's so close to Sasuke and his bunshin met him so he's not going to give up the chase now.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggle2000 View Post
If Naruto summons a toad during his Tobi fight then it's likely he'll find out. I assume that word spreads fast in toad land since they can move between planes.

I wouln't expect Naruto to go running after Pain - he's so close to Sasuke and his bunshin met him so he's not going to give up the chase now.
HHmmm maybe he'll summon Pa by mistake & be like WTF they have old midget frogs too? Why can't I ever get these summonings right aahhh!! Pa will smack Naruto threw 15 trees. Naruto would say something like wow.. wait why are you already injured I just summoned you. Pa would then explain to Naruto about what happened with Jiraiya. Tobi would laugh.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-15-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #10
liuaishan
Special Jounin

yah, but if he finds out during fight he goes nuts and no one could control him anymore. That's what I fear, and wonder what would happen.
I do hope like Vengeance said, that he finds out in Konoha, and hopefully they stop him somehow and put him under training to learn some cool jutsus and neat stuff.
But the question is what would be the result of his current mission. Would he do all this training with Sasuke (turned good - less likely) or without?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
YondaimeBunshin
Chuunin

YondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished roadYondaimeBunshin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuaishan View Post
what I don't know is, if it happens for him to find out during fight, would he be allowed to abandon the mission? or what would the others decide? I wonder if they could stop him if he goes Kyuubi.
I think that with 8 on 1 Kakashi might say go after Pein. Though I don't think it would be that simple for Naruto.

I don't really think any one of them could stop him if he did go Kyuubi. It would definitely depower the Kyuubi status in my opinion, unless it was like one tail.

Plus if he did go Kyuubi we'd see Madara stop him before anyone, thus raising an eyebrow to why he was able to do that. Then we, along with the Konoha shinobi would get to find out some of his true nature.

Something like -

Naruto finds out somehow that Jiraya is dead and starts to go Kyuubi. Everyone starts to freak out at his strange powers. Yamato and Kakashi prepare to try and stop him but realize he's transforming too fast or something.

Madara jumps in as Tobi and stops him. Everyone is astonished and looks at Tobi who jumps back and retreats to his original position.

Tobi: "Oops, I guess cat's outta the bag hee hee hee."
Yamato: "Just who is this guy?"
Kakashi" "I don't know but everyone be on your guard, to have stopped that... he's dangerous."

I dunno something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
I don't see a need for naruto to chose one quest over the other. Sasuke is after Akatsuki as well not just Itachi. These two kids have similar goals which will put them on the same path in the future anyway. Though if Naruto had to prioritize on which was more important it would definitely be stopping Pein. There really isn't a need for Naruto to go after Sasuke at this point sense Orochimaru is already dead. Maybe Naruto just wants to put Sasuke in jail for betraying the village I don't know. But thats what should happen if they ever dragged him back to Konoha.

Edit: No Naruto shouldn't abandon the mission he's on now to go & get himself killed. Honestly why would Tsunade tell Naruto at this very moment. Yes Naruto has a right to know but Pein would also destroy him in Narutos current state. I think Pa will tell Naruto & Naruto will confront Tsunade asking her if she knew. She'll look to the ground & Naruto will blow up her headquarters while going 4 tails. The scroll toad will then come to calm Naruto down. Thats when he'll gain SSJ9 & totally pwn everyone.
^Agreed. Especially about SSJ9 lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggle2000 View Post

^I think he'd be a lot more torn than you think. It'd be a tough decision I think. And then on top of it being a tough decision normally, factor in how impetuous Naruto is and he might just abandon his current objective temporarily to go after Pein. He might rush in without even thinking about how close he is to catching Sasuke.
YondaimeBunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #12
liuaishan
Special Jounin

well that would be a huge problem. If he rushes right now to Pain forgetting everything, I don't think his current state will be enough to defeat Pain. If he goes Kyuubi, he'll be seriously hurt and burned by the chakra, he'll need Sakura or someone by him to heal, or he might die.
I think he needs serious training before going to Pain... coz if he can defeat him now, it'll be Plot no Jutsu for sure... oh yah, and the manga will end.