Dont speak for me... - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 02:51 AM   #31
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dont speak for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
Corbenk was a classic lawler. He was an awesome dude back in the day, seriously. He was around back in 05 when I first joined, and though he wasn't as active as some members (ex: me for instance) he came on every now and then and made epic posts that were full of win. At least, from what I can remember.

I actually didn't know the whole "inner workings" of the forum back then, so I have no idea why he was perm banned, nor why the mods/admin (since Tom is never on, it's singular) "hated" him.
I have the whole history on file somewhere. I'll post it later.

Quote:
@Ninja48--I personally don't think you guys are trying to cause trouble. At first, I'm gonna have to admit, the antics of the rev thread/FTP got on my last nerve, and I actually did probably think you were just around to spew hatred/discontent towards the mods+. But I see now, after kinda looking at it from your side of the fence, that you guys are just trying to understand what the fuck is happening to this forum. You guys believe the rules/moderation (some of it anyway <__<) is unjust, and thus you're fighting against it in an attempt to make it right.

I did the same thing when ino11 was banned for defending himself. I fought because I felt the ban was unjust (or at least, the lack of ban for the people who provoked him), and thus I did what I thought was right. I don't see why this, what you guys are doing, is considered any different.
Respect +5

Old 12-08-2007, 02:53 AM   #32
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know much about corbenk, other than he didn't cause much trouble until after he and Shikamaru got all buddy buddy.

The reason he was perm banned is because he received 3 or 4 (can't remember which) 10-point infractions after the 3 strikes rule was made, thus resulting in his perm ban.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Old 12-08-2007, 02:53 AM   #33
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, well there we go, mystery solved. Lol.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:55 AM   #34
MrPwnzerz
ANBU

MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Yeah, because that's what we've obviously been preaching this whole time.

I'm sure it's because of our different experiences that we misunderstand each other. I've come from more lenient forums, so what I consider normal may be "trolls, spammers, and assholes" running rampant for you.

Let me elaborate on what we would like done:
-Equality
-Logical rules
-Passive moderation

Right now, equality is kinda bad. Some members are banned for doing the same exact things previous members have done, and Shino excludes himself from the rules. Logical rules are a little better with the splitting of the flame infraction, and passive moderation has not yet been achieved.

For some reason, you seem to assume that we only want to cause trouble.
Until the past few months, my experiences with this forum had always been that it was very lenient and mostly forgiving here, barring extreme exceptions. If you were in a position of authority, and someone(s) with a constant increasing poor track record does something that may be considered borderline rule breaking, all likelihood points towards you're going to enforce more strictly. It doesn't strike me as surprising that someone who doesn't constantly take it upon themselves to "fight the power" isn't going to be reprimanded as severely for something relatively miniscule. As for Shino, I personally believe in leading by example. However, in my experience, admins are above the rules. That doesn't phase me, as I've long since come to accept it. If others can't, that's on them, but the probability of their uprise changing anything is slim to none. Moderating passively would be a lot easier for the mods to do if select members didn't so persistently illustrate their quarrels with the rules in such detestable manner.

Edit for Sugoi: I really don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by MrPwnzerz; 12-08-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:56 AM   #35
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Cool, thanks for educating me on him.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #36
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

There was something about him and others getting into the points system and doing ridiculous things, which eventually resulted in his first "perm" ban. He came back later because Tom didn't care. I think he was later reported to moderator, then something happened. Maybe that was during the points system thing. I'll have to check my files.

Tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:58 AM   #37
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz
Moderating passively would be a lot easier for the mods to do if select members didn't so persistently illustrate their quarrels with the rules in such detestable manner.
xpln plz

@Mikey--lol nice rep comment tharr

@Ninja48--DAMN, the point system! I completely forgot about that fiasco. Didn't he go around changing people's custom user titles to flames and stuff like that?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:00 AM   #38
MrPwnzerz
ANBU

MrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enoughMrPwnzerz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugoiNaruto162 View Post
xpln plz

@Mikey--lol nice rep comment tharr
What's to explain? As bluntly as I can put it, I said the staff wouldn't have to be handing out so many infractions if members didn't keep trying to "fight the power," as they choose to put it.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:00 AM   #39
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
There was something about him and others getting into the points system and doing ridiculous things, which eventually resulted in his first "perm" ban. He came back later because Tom didn't care. I think he was later reported to moderator, then something happened. Maybe that was during the points system thing. I'll have to check my files.

Tomorrow.
how come you have files on corbenk? o.O

i find that a tad strange...//unless corbenk made them and sent it to you

do u have files on all perm ban people? <.<
Old 12-08-2007, 03:01 AM   #40
Miburo

Pwnzers, you have to understand that is just your perspective on things though. Many posters here have legit arguments and complaints. For you to criticize them for that is completely unwarranted unless you're willing to do so productively. Many intelligent posters, including some mods, have expressed support in what we do.

Also, I've only recieved minor infractions totaling five points or some shit in my time here (not counting today lol). I'm not doing it because I'm tittering on the brink of perma-ban-dom or anything like that. It's seriously because there are ways things could be a lot better, it's truly for the greater good.

Edit: If Shino had the mods adopt an passive moderation style, then there would be no reason to continue fightin' teh powar against the mods. That's seriously all it would take for me.

Last edited by Miburo; 12-08-2007 at 03:03 AM.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #41
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPwnzerz
What's to explain? As bluntly as I can put it, I said the staff wouldn't have to be handing out so many infractions if members didn't keep trying to "fight the power," as they choose to put it.
Ah I misunderstood you. I thought you meant that we should change the way we mod to be more lenient and I was like, "lol wut?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo
Pwnzers, you have to understand that is just your perspective on things though. Many posters here have legit arguments and complaints. For you to criticize them for that is completely unwarranted unless you're willing to do so productively. Many intelligent posters, including some mods, have expressed support in what we do.
QFT.

One opinon does not express the public opinion, nor the majority. Whether you like it or not, or agree with it or not (I didn't at first), a lot of the arguments and the points that the "fight teh powar organization" brings up are completely valid.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:04 AM   #42
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Also, I've only recieved minor infractions totaling five points or some shit in my time here (not counting today lol). I'm not doing it because I'm tittering on the brink of perma-ban-dom or anything like that. It's seriously because there are ways things could be a lot better, it's truly for the greater good.

Edit: If Shino had the mods adopt an passive moderation style, then there would be no reason to continue fightin' teh powar against the mods. That's seriously all it would take for me.
We don't want you to be a sacrifice.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:05 AM   #43
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

@Oak, I'm referring to chat logs.

@Kat, yeah. Quite the fiasco.

@Pwnzers, "fighting the power" was a reaction to the aggressive moderating, not the other way around.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 AM   #44
MrPwnzerz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

I'm not trying to claim my views are the correct views. I do my damndest to make my points with a clarity. I'm not remotely against change, but I wholeheartedly believe you and everyone else with the same desires as you, are capable of exhibiting your suggestions in ways that don't come across(as I see them, and apparently some mods) in an unsavory way.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:10 AM   #45
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
@Oak, I'm referring to chat logs.

@Kat, yeah. Quite the fiasco.

@Pwnzers, "fighting the power" was a reaction to the aggressive moderating, not the other way around.
ah...i was thinking something else <.<...>.>