How good were Pain and Oro? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about
How good were Pain and Oro?

Well, first of...I thing that they were rly good.

Oro was a member of Aka and I believe, that besides Konan, the founder of Akatsuki(with Pain and Madara ofc)

Well, I think that Oro knew Pain wery fell. That he fought Pain and lost, but Pain let him live. How come I say that? Well, Orochimaru knows over 1000 VERY powerful and some forbidden jutsu's BUT he still uses his sanin mode as the last option. He never used until the battle with Sasuke. Or did he?
Well, here's something that caught my eye:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/376/

Well, I think that by unique tehniques he 'ought of Sanin mode. However, he didn't mention Tsunade.

If Oro showed him his sanin mode, which he never uses, then they must have been rly good or the must have fought.

Wadda u think?

DGLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
d1v
Genin

d1v is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How good were Pain and Oro?

I guess Pain has knowledge of Edo Tensei (or how it is spelled) and Orochimaru´s soul transfer and of course a few other jutsus such as like Sasuke´s "that jutsu".

But maybe "that jutsu" is summoning Manda and that is really nothing unique or? hmm..

Orochimaru´s "Sannin Mode" is not a Sannin mode I think^^...

As Sasuke said..Orochimaru experimented on himself that is all..And he has to use it for soul transfer..Thats why he never uses it..he can use it only once in 3 years or he will lose his body and stay in his snake form and can not use jutsus..so..^^

Last edited by d1v; 12-06-2007 at 05:22 PM.
d1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Tankynator
Genin

Tankynator is on a distinguished road

Orochimaru's snake-form isn't called sannin mode and Jiraya's toad-form is called sennin mode, instead of "three ninjas" it means "hermit" which only refers to Jiraya.

Nad although Oro most likely never showed his snake-form without performing his soul-transfer he still did many snake-jutsus where his body had some resemblence to that of a snake (e.g. the fight in the forrest of death, when Naruto showed up his whole body was wrapped around a tree branch like a snake), Jiraya didn't use any jutsu where his own body took frog-like characteristics, except sennin mode.

Hm perhaps I didn't understand the question correctly, what kind of "good" do you mean? How strong they were or how good their character once was? Orochimaru always had some kind of dark side (or at least that's what the flashbacks say) while Nagato had good intentions which went downhill to be evil in the end. And nobody doubts that Oro was strong...
Tankynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

DGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura aboutDGLG has a spectacular aura about

No, I was thinking about their relationship.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Tankynator
Genin

Tankynator is on a distinguished road

I don't think that Orochimaru knew Pain's face or met him in person. Jiraya was spying after him the whole time so he would have known who Pain is or at least he would've known his position earlier. We've learned that Pain has several secrets to the rest of Akatsuki, Orochimaru included. After all we've seen about Orochimaru, he might've known about Jiraya's student of prophecy. And if he had found out that Pain was Jirayas student, he would've let Jiraya know that, not of friendship of Jiraya but for his own good. Knowing Jiraya he would've known that he would try to stop Pain, whether he fails or not, both would be fine for Orochimaru. It's the very same reason why he spared Naruto's life when they met inside his hideout.
Tankynator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
Shinigami#3
Missing-Nin

Shinigami#3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Orochimaru never met pain otherwise there would be info on the al in that book and if there was it would have been mentioned pain is a guy who only madara and jiraiya know of and maybe 1% chance itachi nobody else knows him oh right and konan.
Shinigami#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Orochimaru did meet Pain in person back when Pain was a kid, but he prolly doesnt know that Pain is Nagato.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/372/11/

Seeing that Oro suggested to kill Pain and the other two, I'm surprised Pain let him join Akatsuki.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
Shinigami#3
Missing-Nin

Shinigami#3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami-san View Post
Orochimaru did meet Pain in person back when Pain was a kid, but he prolly doesnt know that Pain is Nagato.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/372/11/

Seeing that Oro suggested to kill Pain and the other two, I'm surprised Pain let him join Akatsuki.
well oro is no weakling and it was all part of getting the bijju as fast as possible and having hard to beat ninja.
Shinigami#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
Ami-san
S-Ranked Shinobi

Ami-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to beholdAmi-san is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami#3 View Post
well oro is no weakling and it was all part of getting the bijju as fast as possible and having hard to beat ninja.
I dunno how that has anything to do with what I said but ok.^_^

Maybe what Pain was talking about is that Oro and Jiraiya have unique skills by not going in a mode, but summoning beings in their own way.

Maybe Pain is talking about seeing Oro use the resurrection dead jutsu to bring out powerful beings such as the Hokages to aid him in battle. Unlike Oro, Jiraiya summons two frogs on his shoulders to aid him.

Member of the Akatsuki FC.
Your soul is mine.....Now this is what I call powers....its overflowing...

Co-owner of Gurren Lagann
Ami-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:15 AM   #10
Craigkage
Jounin

Craigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura aboutCraigkage has a spectacular aura about

Hang on I thought Jiraiya went into Sennin (hermit) mode not Sannin mode?

Craigkage is now the proud owner of a Dragon Box
Craigkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLG View Post
Well, first of...I thing that they were rly good.
Obviously. :P

Quote:
Oro was a member of Aka and I believe, that besides Konan, the founder of Akatsuki(with Pain and Madara ofc)
I doubt he was a founder of Akatsuki, but there's really no evidence that indicates this anyway.

Quote:
Well, I think that Oro knew Pain wery fell. That he fought Pain and lost, but Pain let him live.
Not that I doubt that Pain could beat Oro, I mean, look what he's done to Jiraiya, and Jiraiya is going all out, but there's no proof that Pain and Orochimaru fought.

Quote:
How come I say that? Well, Orochimaru knows over 1000 VERY powerful and some forbidden jutsu's
Where in the manga does it state that Orochimaru knows over 1000 jutsu?

Quote:
BUT he still uses his sanin mode as the last option. He never used until the battle with Sasuke. Or did he?
Orochimaru has no Sennin mode, he only has his white snake form, which he uses in order to complete the soul transfer jutsu.

Quote:
Well, I think that by unique tehniques he 'ought of Sanin mode. However, he didn't mention Tsunade.
Uh, what?

Quote:
If Oro showed him his sanin mode, which he never uses, then they must have been rly good or the must have fought.

Wadda u think?
I think you really need to stop making such flawed threads lol. Seriously. Jiraiya having a Sennin mode doesn't automatically mean that Orochimaru and Tsunade have those modes also. >.>
MikeyM1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #12
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

No one said that Oro never fought Pain. I mean, he had Itachi with sharingan and Pain with rinnegan...he could have attacked Pain first.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #13
trondah
ANBU

trondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the roughtrondah is a jewel in the rough

Pain could have seen Orochimaru in action. Every Akatsuki member has to go through a test of some sorts, remember? Sasori had to go all out and use his original form.

Hashirama Senju, the man hailed as the best shinobi of all time.
trondah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #14
shadow_moon
ANBU

shadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the rough

i don't think oro is one founders of akatsuki...

oro only knew him as nagato/yahiko in the past, when akatsuki was formed he was probably introduce as pein..
Old 12-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #15
DGLG
Hunter-Nin

Well...we will never know...