TaeKwonDo - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Sports Center

Sports Center Talk about all the latest news, scores or anything else related to sports here!

Old 04-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
Erace
Genin

Erace is an unknown quantity at this point
TaeKwonDo

Any1 here do any TaeKwonDo?

I am currently Yellowbelt, 3 Green Tags (i should be like almost Blue Belt but cuz im not 18 i cant do Adult Sylibis, and im 6ft3") it is really annoying.

I am in GTF

Please post any questions or anything about this sport, i'd be glad to answer them, if i can and talk to other members of TKD

Erace's Graphics!
Temari Fanclub
-Member (made the banner)
Haku Fanclub -Member (made the banner)
Team Level9 GFX -Member
Erace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
Meteorain27
Chuunin

Meteorain27 will become famous soon enoughMeteorain27 will become famous soon enough
I'm a first degree blackbelt. Where I go, there are the belts of: White, Sr. White, Yellow, Sr. Yellow, Green, Sr. Green, Blue, Sr. Blue, Purple, Sr. Purple, Red, Sr. Red, Brown, Sr. Brown, Black 1 R (recommended), Black 1D, Black 2r, Black 2d, Black 3r, Black 3d, Black 4, Black 5, Black 6, Black 7, Black 8, and finally black 9. For the non-blackbelts, you must get a red, white, and blue stripe before you're allowed to test for your next one (kind of like your tags). I'm a member of USTF, by the way..
Old 04-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
kenokuvato
Jounin

kenokuvato is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

I don't know much about all of that but I took some classes when I was younger but didn't get the chance to learn what I wanted, so I used books to teach myself some techniques. I also learned some other martial arts moves from my pops when I was younger and he took judo.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
Swtvi3tboi08
Eat Ma Meat!

Swtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the rough
i took it when i waz a kid. my homegirl knows it. she beats the shit out of me. shes teachin me it. its funny.

Thanks Terri.
Swtvi3tboi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #5
dynoma
Genin

dynoma is an unknown quantity at this point
i do i do. im still a white belt though =p
dynoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:41 AM   #6
shutdown
Academy Student

shutdown is an unknown quantity at this point
i took this game when i was young but stopped when i took up college because i need to focus on my stud...it was so fun though my teammates are all guys,but still it did not stop me from learning this game...i miss my TKD sessions...i miss the action...i'm an AIDA member...
shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:54 PM   #7
Dizzykilla
Special Jounin

Dizzykilla is on a distinguished road
so u all in think u can kick some ass right...........aint u like taught not to fight or use any of ur abillity's on any one else or somthin like that ........or like only in life or death situations??
Dizzykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:13 PM   #8
Meteorain27
Chuunin

Meteorain27 will become famous soon enoughMeteorain27 will become famous soon enough
That's just stereotypical. Though Tae Kwon Do is a martial arts form, it is more of a sport then self defense. However, I could probably kill somebody with Tae Kwon Do if forced to. Our teacher doesn't care if we use Tae Kwon Do in any situation; in fact, he expects us to use it in any fight for defense. He also says a good reason to pick a fight would be if someone's annoying you and they won't stop it. And before you think he's a bad teacher, he's won the USTF Teacher of the Year award three times in a row when no other instructor has gotten it twice in a row even.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #9
mini
Jesus Freak

mini is on a distinguished road
i started it when i was 6 7 ish
quit wheni got to black degree 3
Old 04-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
Demon Fox
Genin

Demon Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
I did Re TaeKwonDo when i was young I had a brown belt then i moved on to Ju Jitsu where I had a green belt then when we moved i started doing Kung Fu. I have also done boxing. I did quite a bit of martial arts when i was young.

Demon Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:07 AM   #11
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
I am currently a red belt in TKD. I am a member of the UTF and my teacher only does stripes for belt ranking. White, White Yellow Stripe, Yellow, Yellow Green Stripe, Green, Green Blue Stripe, Blue, Blue Red Stripe, Red, Red Black Stripe, Black 1st Dan, Black 2nd Dan, Black 3rd Dan, all the way to ninth. I study the Chan Hun style, the style that General Choi created. Our style has 24 patterns with two practice patterns for white belts. I know Saju-Jirugi, Saju-Maki, Chon-Ji, Dan-Gun, Do-San, Won-Hyo, Yul-Gok, Joong-Gun, Toi-Gye, and Hwa-Rang. So I basically get to learn 16 more patterns! Or Kata as some peope might call them.

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #12
rasingan
Academy Student

rasingan is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question Erace!!! As a practitioner of tkd which martial art has a clear advantage in terms of speed and power over tkd ?
rasingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:30 PM   #13
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
That's hard to tell you dude, I know you asked Erace. Each martial art has it's own specialties and abilities that might be better or worse than other martial arts. TKD is one of the martial arts that specializes in speed, kicks, and high kicks. (when I say high kicks I mean almost vertical to 90 degrees straight up) So really that depends on the users preference and the teachers teaching style.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #14
rasingan
Academy Student

rasingan is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that for a tkd practitioner distance fighting might be the best and most effective strategy as he/she attacks mostly with kicks but just as you said it is up to the skill and ability of the user not the art itself .But tell me which style would you be wary of aruko?
rasingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #15
Aruko
ANBU

You mean the one that would scare the piss outta me?

*starts list*
Kung Fu
Tai-Chi
Drunken Fist
Shaolin Kenpo
&
Muay Tai

I know I am not that good and I know that each of the styles I have listed are very good martial arts and quite scary if you don't know anything about them. I know enough about most of those to be able to fight someone using it but I don't know if I would win.