Web Style Thingy!! - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #16
balmung5000
cpas

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,982 Posts
balmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura aboutbalmung5000 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Web Style Thingy!!

i love everythign but the banner
i know you could do better man
balmung5000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
tenkaichymaster
..:::KERO:::..

tenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud oftenkaichymaster has much to be proud of

Kudos to you.. NR..
Good job...
tenkaichymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #18
Swtvi3tboi08
Eat Ma Meat!

Swtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the roughSwtvi3tboi08 is a jewel in the rough

jesus christ, this isnt ML. >_>;

Edit: i agree with Sakatsu 100% NL should be nothing like ml. i swear to god i have seen that banner on ml before. I haven't been there in forever so u cant really remember. Also, the colors look the same. I liked the old one better.

Thanks Terri.

Last edited by Swtvi3tboi08; 12-28-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Swtvi3tboi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #19
ITzANIllUZion
ANBU

ITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura aboutITzANIllUZion has a spectacular aura about

i liked the other new NL one better...it stood out more..but this one is good.

One of the Badass Shinobi

Thnx OG

N48 vs Me

ITzANIllUZion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #20
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

People... reeelax.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #21
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakatsu View Post
uhhhh.............yeah, thats a bad thing. NL should be just that NARUTOLOUNGE, its not Mangalounge. Such a skin is unsuited for NL because we're trying to stand out as a forum! Not pretend to be another!

I'm very sorry to tell you this and I know you've worked hard on it and all but I don't think its up to the best quality that we should be expecting of a forum banner.

I'm going to be honest here because not much peoples here is: Its unoriginal.
I'm gonna say it again but its the honest truth and blue is a fantastic color but these forums are too close to the other ones and even if you were to change say, mangalounge's skin people will still get confuzzled for a while. Isn't it easier to change this one now before people get start to think that NL=ML?

The Text? Don't people think the text in the banner seems way off and a bit....plain? the white thing its on......don't I know how to do that? My point is that if I can figure out to do a banner like that then that bit is too basic.

Instead of the last skin's konoha leaf symbols as the little icons next to the forums how about switching to Naruto's spiral thing? Just that idea came up to me just now.

And finally:

Lemme stick mangalounge and NL sidebyside

They. Look. The. Same.

Stick NL's new skin next to the old one.

What has changed? The banner, and the colors. But you will see through the forums that the colors don't flow as nicely (I'm talking about the defaulted icons that are red and orange and things of that nature).

Yeah, I know this is a bit of a soul crusher kind of review but isn't it worse to just say "IT SUX, CHANGE IT" without any suggestions? I hope you don't hate me forever <.<;;;

I heard your the same as me about the critism bit and the same thing happened to me about a few of my sigs along time ago but try to think of it as a learning experience, ne? I'm not as bad as I sound to be at the moment. If I didn't care about NL I wouldn't have spent my time writing all of this long stuffs, you know?

*edit* I know there's more people interested in making the forum skin how about some friendly competition so to ensure a higher quality design in the end? Just a thought.
I never intended to make nl look like ml, besides, this banner isn't staying for long, ninja48 and I are going to work together on a new one.

Most people here do like the style and that's all I care about, you and some others may not like it, but that's understandable, I never thought that everyone on nl would like it.

And for that reason, I left the option for people to choose the old style instead of this one, you can choose it in your user control panel, or you can choose it in the style selector at the bottom of the forums.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that isn't my problem

And ill do the spiral thing later.

and besides, this is my style, its how I do things.

just like an artist has a drawing style, the same goes for templates.

SWT. swear all you want, this banner has never been used on ml, and you can ask any one of my members, the only time it was ever on ml is when I was testing it out yesterday to see if everything worked fine, and I only set it up for me to see it, not everyone else. people are willing to say anything to make someone look bad when they have something against them.

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #22
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

It does look spectacularly similar to ML, people would rave about the actualy design if it wasn't so carbon-copy.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #23
Kites
I Love Donuts

Kites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to beholdKites is a splendid one to behold

I like it. Kudos.
Kites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

i dont care if it looks like ML.. it still looks very good and i love the colors and i love the banner.. people wanted a change well you got it.. and now they got the change all they do is complain.. well if to many complain i say just switch it back and later if they want something different then oh well they had there chance and complained about it.. I think it looks great NR and i think you did an awesome job.. its nice seeing something different and thanks for taking your time to work on it..
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #25
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
i dont care if it looks like ML.. it still looks very good and i love the colors and i love the banner.. people wanted a change well you got it.. and now they got the change all they do is complain.. well if to many complain i say just switch it back and later if they want something different then oh well they had there chance and complained about it.. I think it looks great NR and i think you did an awesome job.. its nice seeing something different and thanks for taking your time to work on it..
To be fair, all the criticism so far has been constructive and valid; no one came out and said, "It suxx, u suc!"

They have offered their opinion in a coherent and fair manner. Sakatsu even went to the lengths of typing up that monster of a post.

You have to admit, that banner is definently not NR's best, or even normal work. It looks half-assed, seriously. Although it's leagues better than what I can do, I've seen him do much better.

And the only other complaint other than thatis that it looks like ML, which it does. It looks just like ML, hardly any different. It still looks nice and slick, but people want originality and I can't blame them.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #26
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you mystik and kites.

@trey.

tell me how these 2 are carbon copies???

ML

NL

and by the way, the banner is gonna change, if you paid attention i did mention that ninja48 and I are working on a new one.

the banner is what it is now because my itachi banner did not fit the new colors of blue and black.

the itachi banner had fit for the old blue and orange that i had setup.

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #27
Trey
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorasengan17 View Post
Thank you mystik and kites.

@trey.

tell me how these 2 are carbon copies???

ML

NL

Okay, maybe not carbon-copies, but very similar. I swear, I thought I came to ML when I went here the first time after the change.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, the design is great, and everyone who have never seen ML says this one is great too.

However, people have a point about the originality, NL should have it's own flavor.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #28
Mystik
Im a Bitch

Mystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant futureMystik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
To be fair, all the criticism so far has been constructive and valid; no one came out and said, "It suxx, u suc!"

They have offered their opinion in a coherent and fair manner. Sakatsu even went to the lengths of typing up that monster of a post.

You have to admit, that banner is definently not NR's best, or even normal work. It looks half-assed, seriously. Although it's leagues better than what I can do, I've seen him do much better.

And the only other complaint other than thatis that it looks like ML, which it does. It looks just like ML, hardly any different. It still looks nice and slick, but people want originality and I can't blame them.
actually the banner loos really good and yes that is his style of banners usually.. he pretty much has his own style and you can tell.. when you have a style its hard to change and do something totally different.. trust me i know.. im sorry but to me the banner and the skin looks really good.. but its takes a lot of work to do this stuff and i understand you guys may not like it.. but in the post were people were saying they didnt like it.. i dont recall anyone saying at least thank you for trying or taking your time to do this.. and if you guys did then my bad and i will apologize..
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #29
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Ze flavour!!!
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #30
Trey
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
actually the banner loos really good and yes that is his style of banners usually.. he pretty much has his own style and you can tell.. when you have a style its hard to change and do something totally different.. trust me i know.. im sorry but to me the banner and the skin looks really good.. but its takes a lot of work to do this stuff and i understand you guys may not like it.. but in the post were people were saying they didnt like it.. i dont recall anyone saying at least thank you for trying or taking your time to do this.. and if you guys did then my bad and i will apologize..
No one said the banner and skin didn't look good, or at least not directly.

Bal was implying that NR can do much better with the banner, which he can.

And Sakatsu was saying the skin looked like ML, which it does.

I'll be one of the first to admit this new skin and banner looks better--great even. I'm just trying to say that the criticism it has encountered so far is valid.

@6n6--Indeed.

'Sup dude, never got a real chance to talk to "The Legend".